Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 27 Feb 2018, 08:26 (Ref:3804203)   #51
boggissimo
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
boggissimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by relativtortoise View Post
Technically it is run under MSA sprint regs

Std production cars can therefore use OEM belts and no roll cage req'd - all need at least handheld extinguisher/helmet/overalls/gloves.
Yep, and a Race licence (National B minimum), not just Speed. Also need a rain light (if your fog light isn't in the centre line of the car).
Old 27 Feb 2018, 08:29 (Ref:3804204)   #52
boggissimo
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggissimo View Post

Provisional results have just been released!
Top modern was Ross Keeling, in third place overall in his Mini! Alex Ames 4th. I was 13th (although not sure why I got a 10 point penalty for test E, have queried that).
My penalty was for exceeding track limits - I caught a spin out of Copse but must have strayed across the kerb while correcting.

Interesting that more modern cars have become successful, yet still the Pom has never been won by anything more recent than 1974! I suspect a handicap tweak is imminent to prevent such a terrible outcome...
Old 27 Feb 2018, 08:36 (Ref:3804206)   #53
boggissimo
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
https://photos.app.goo.gl/eZvB2mJHUbgQGVGF3

A selection from Saturday. Enjoy.
Lovely pics, I like the one where you caught both Alfas in one shot! Don't suppose you have any of my Subaru #92?
Old 27 Feb 2018, 08:59 (Ref:3804208)   #54
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Lovely pics, I like the one where you caught both Alfas in one shot! Don't suppose you have any of my Subaru #92?
Sorry nothing of your Jap car Boggy, apart from 21 shots of Tortoise, it tends to be random snapping, it is always a good idea to let any photographers amongst us know of your interest in advance. Hopefully there will be someone here who caught you in action.

PS; Thank you for your kind words about my work, as I thank all who comment.

Bawb.
Old 27 Feb 2018, 09:58 (Ref:3804221)   #55
relativtortoise
Racer

relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Interesting that more modern cars have become successful, yet still the Pom has never been won by anything more recent than 1974!
The reason for the recent swing to more modern machinery is due to a couple of changes one as subtle as the change in location of test C & D - the more powerful moderns can definitely be flat down Hanger which was rarely the case around Woodcote.

The second is less subtle in the removal of the 1950cc lower capacity limit which has brought into play a number of very well developed cars from other series using historic engines re-developed in modern times. I am thinking of the A35 and the Lotus t/c engine in it's various chassis.

The formula does get a little challenged with the smaller capacities - something I leveraged last year with using an 848 Mini.

Maybe using the GP circuit also benefits the newer machines.

To beat the winner you would need to do a faster Test C than him and he's giving you 400cc's and a turbo - that's before any age handicap.
Old 27 Feb 2018, 10:32 (Ref:3804225)   #56
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The reason for the recent swing to more modern machinery is due to a couple of changes one as subtle as the change in location of test C & D - the more powerful moderns can definitely be flat down Hanger which was rarely the case around Woodcote.

The second is less subtle in the removal of the 1950cc lower capacity limit which has brought into play a number of very well developed cars from other series using historic engines re-developed in modern times. I am thinking of the A35 and the Lotus t/c engine in it's various chassis.

The formula does get a little challenged with the smaller capacities - something I leveraged last year with using an 848 Mini.

Maybe using the GP circuit also benefits the newer machines.

To beat the winner you would need to do a faster Test C than him and he's giving you 400cc's and a turbo - that's before any age handicap.
Exactly what AGE are you RT?
Old 27 Feb 2018, 10:39 (Ref:3804228)   #57
relativtortoise
Racer

relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Exactly what AGE are you RT?
My age is a mystery lost in the mists of time......

Thanks again for the super pictures - always great to have a record of the day.
Old 28 Feb 2018, 11:15 (Ref:3804531)   #58
boggissimo
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
Quote:
Do you know I was sure that you had won it in the Lotus - second overall is good .....I did that in 2010 but I seem to be moving further away now.

Be interesting to know if the 1.4 has been applied to the Keeling Cooper S
Think it just has – they've released a new set of provisional results this morning, and lots of turbo cars have now got fewer points for tests A-D. I doubt if many had failed to declare their forced induction so it seems odd that they've only just applied the change.
Old 6 Mar 2018, 17:30 (Ref:3806310)   #59
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Random Images

Couple of 'Pom' images from me including the winning combination. Taken from the other side of the wire as I was officially 'not signed on'.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0101.JPG   DSC_0039_2.JPG   DSC_0052_2.JPG