Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Jun 2009, 08:48 (Ref:2484306)   #26
Celia Stevens
Racer

England
Hundon Sudbury
Celia Stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCelia Stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FIA htp papers

Hi Mike,
We have gone through all this first with the Peerless and now with the Warwick. The latter was inspected in February and we are still waitng for results. The Peerless was done in 2005 and everything was noted on paper. It wasn't too difficult as there were 250 made and it had raced at Le Mans. The Warwick being almost unknown and having International racing history only in the early 60s in the USA was more difficult.
First you ring the MSA and explain what you want, you will have to part with money (of course!) you cannot download the papers you need from the net. As your car is a "one off" you will have to amass as much evidence for the car as you can. I.E. documentation of its racing in International races, (not just Internationaly but "International" races, i.e. if it raced in an "International" race in England that would count.) Also paperwork defining what spec the car was in period,, in other words anything you can get your hands on to prove the authenticity of the car. Don't worry about teeth in gearboxes etc because you are not dealing with a production car here, no-one can look up and see that the car had x number of this or that in the same way as for example a Ford Anglia.
When the car is inspected you will have photographs taken of the car itself, engine bay and you will be asked to remove a front and rear wheel so photographs may be taken of the brakes and suspension. Everything will be recorded on a laptop and that will be sent along with your evidence to the FIA in France after the MSA have looked through it all.
Hope that all helps. Please feel free to pm us if you need anything else. Cheers Celia and Ian (Peerless GT Phase One & Warwick GT350)
Old 16 Jun 2009, 08:50 (Ref:2484308)   #27
Celia Stevens
Racer

England
Hundon Sudbury
Celia Stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCelia Stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More

Just seen all the replies. You won't get any joy with your local MSA inspector, you must go through the main MSA office! C & I
Old 16 Jun 2009, 08:55 (Ref:2484310)   #28
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
When I had the Turner inspected (and subsequently was the first Turrne Climax to get HTP papers) I found the MSA inspector to be extremely helpful at both the inspection and afterwards. He processed the forms very quickly. So long as your car is presented correctly they are there to help you get papers not to stop you!!
Old 16 Jun 2009, 08:58 (Ref:2484312)   #29
eclectic
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow, Scotland.
eclectic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
Eclectic you are far too sensitive to a little poke! If you are trying to sell your car you should use whatever free advertising you can and given genuine enthusiasts and drivers readthis forum I would say it is quite a good place - all publicity is good publicity and to show there was no genuine malice in my comments I have replied to keep your thread at the top of the page!
Asto your comments on rigs you clearly have not seen ours - it is a 40 year old converted bus that has been used for racing for at least 20 years!!!!

Simon, apology accepted. A might have alerted me to the idea that you were taking the p.

I find this HTP thing for my sort of car, an irritating, confusing and relatively expensive piece of wasteful bureaucracy. Typical of the French 'fonctionaires' who invented the word.

Hence, I may have been a bit touchy when I replied to your post.

I hope you accept this as an apology too.

Steve McQueen.
Old 16 Jun 2009, 08:59 (Ref:2484316)   #30
eclectic
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow, Scotland.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Hmmm, looks a bit 328 ish but I don't think that double bubble dash is right for that. Also it's difficult to size the car. Interesting, anyway!
Nearly, 1936 BMW 319!

Steve McQueen.
Old 16 Jun 2009, 09:00 (Ref:2484317)   #31
Celia Stevens
Racer

England
Hundon Sudbury
Paddocks

Sorry felt I had to reply to the "paddocks" situation. Although I know that some clubs may have their fair share of motorhomes etc., Ian ,myself and helpers have just spent two days at Oulton with the CSCC surrounded by friendly run of the mill folk all residing in small tents and cooking on even smaller camping stoves! Most cars came on trailers towed by everything and anything! The CTCRC are the same. Some competitors driving their race cars to the circuit, racing and hopefully driving home! So Mike don't give up on Historic racing, we are mainly a bunch of enthusiasts racing for the fun of it on what we can afford. Please try us out! C&I
Old 16 Jun 2009, 09:00 (Ref:2484318)   #32
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
if I could actually work out how to attach smiley's I woudl!
Old 16 Jun 2009, 09:03 (Ref:2484319)   #33
Celia Stevens
Racer

England
Hundon Sudbury
Am I a ghost?

Hey guys, I may be the only female answering this but I do exist and I really want to help. Anyone out there?
Old 16 Jun 2009, 09:18 (Ref:2484336)   #34
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Er,

Can anyone hear some strange noises coming from the post above?
Old 16 Jun 2009, 09:28 (Ref:2484338)   #35
Celia Stevens
Racer

England
Hundon Sudbury
You're a rotton lot (only joking) be careful I may come and haunt you.
I was trying to answer this post seriously with some relevant information but hey ho!!
Old 16 Jun 2009, 09:30 (Ref:2484340)   #36
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes.
Old 16 Jun 2009, 09:32 (Ref:2484341)   #37
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Simon, try this link, it also gives you the html code so you can type it rather than link it.

http://tentenths.com/forum/misc.php?...=vB_Editor_001
Old 16 Jun 2009, 10:08 (Ref:2484362)   #38
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia Stevens View Post
Hey guys, I may be the only female answering this but I do exist and I really want to help. Anyone out there?
Hi Celia, interesting about the teeth count. Hope you are right, I know of one Inspector who was attempting to find said info for a 1934 Singer!

Old 16 Jun 2009, 15:53 (Ref:2484583)   #39
eclectic
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow, Scotland.
So sorry Celia, I've been out all day, or I wouldn't have failed to acknowledge your post, the Cadwell Park weekend sounded great fun.

Mike

Steve McQueen.
Old 16 Jun 2009, 16:10 (Ref:2484598)   #40
relativtortoise
Racer

relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pulling teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Hi Celia, interesting about the teeth count. Hope you are right, I know of one Inspector who was attempting to find said info for a 1934 Singer!

I was asked for a full tooth count after my (70's period) HTP inspection three weeks ago.... I had already listed the specified ratios used by the works in my Getrag.

Some research later showed the only way to properly give the detail is a stripdown.... when I mentioned this it was (at this time) declined by the (very helpful) inspector.

At least you could pop the lid off the Singer box and take a peek inside...

RT

Perhaps time to split this off the thread....
Old 16 Jun 2009, 17:18 (Ref:2484634)   #41
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
[QUOTE]Although I know that some clubs may have their fair share of motorhomes etc., most cars came on trailers towed by everything and anything! The CTCRC are the same.QUOTE] If we exclude Roger and Brian of course Celia! :-)
Old 17 Jun 2009, 07:43 (Ref:2485017)   #42
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia Stevens View Post
I was trying to answer this post seriously with some relevant information but hey ho!!
Celia, it was an excellent and very informative post (in my view, anyway!).
Old 17 Jun 2009, 08:04 (Ref:2485036)   #43
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike

We have had a couple of email exchanges re your car. It has just struck me that you may get some Irish interest if you contact Irish Vintage Scene Magazine - they might carry a feature. Link:www.irishvintagescene.ie

The car's racing provenance makes it eligible for the pre '55 racing class over there. It is expected that the pre '55s will get a demo run at the Phoenix Park weekend 8/9 August, as they will not have sufficient cars/race licences for a full race grid. Could be an interesting jaunt for you.

Without allowing too much thread drift here, I always enjoy a walk about the paddock to see how others are transporting their vehicles. The 'Drabble Bus' is very impressive and very much in keeping with the period. Saw it recently at Silverstone. Reminded me of Chris Summers transportation in the 1960s when he came to Ireland for Dunboyne/Phoenix Park - raced Lotus 24 with Chevy V8 (but rusty exhaust pipes) I considered one for myself, but settled for an ex MOD Bomb Disposal Daf 45/160. My prizewinner vehicle to date is 1960s ex Banbridge District Council fire engine, still red, with bell - beautifully converted to carry a Formula Atlantic.

Good luck with sale and tooth count!

Last edited by eamonn ledwidge; 17 Jun 2009 at 08:08. Reason: typo
Old 17 Jun 2009, 21:04 (Ref:2485509)   #44
Celia Stevens
Racer

England
Hundon Sudbury
Thank-you John for those kind words!!