Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 May 2009, 08:14 (Ref:2469279)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Castle Combe Rapid Racking Historic Festival

This one is Masters Top Hat on the Saturday and HSCC on the Sunday. Last year was tremendous fun and hopefully will be again this year.

Details here: http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/...sp?EventID=161
Old 26 May 2009, 11:52 (Ref:2469407)   #2
Colin McKay
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Assuming we go the distance at Snet, we'll be there. Lovely circuit.
Old 26 May 2009, 12:14 (Ref:2469427)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As I understand it there's a week long carnival going on. The weekend before has parades and a few demo laps of historic cars.
Old 26 May 2009, 14:12 (Ref:2469510)   #4
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
I'll be there on Saturday Peter so look forward to seeing you and the rest of the 'gang' there.
Old 26 May 2009, 17:11 (Ref:2469627)   #5
Highworth
Rookie

England
Wiltshire
Highworth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was hoping to be there Saturday to spectate for a change but family scuppered that plan, so have to make do with my 70ís race on Sunday.

By the way, and as alluded to in the other CCombe thread report, I have it on good authority from having done the Club Lotus day last Saturday and failing noise checks miserably (until a cherry can from Merlin was fitted), the noise testing will be as strict as ever on the classic weekend so all be warned.

Anyway the bonus of course, as well as it being my local track, is the fantastic crowds that always seem to flock to CC Ė makes a pleasant change to racing in front of empty stands at Sístone. Just got to survive Snet this w'end first !

No 10 Europa
Old 9 Jun 2009, 17:43 (Ref:2478523)   #6
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Getting close and the weather forecasters are not so pessimistic as they were a couple of days ago!

Who's there? Both days for me with Gilbern- Cloth Cap & Guards- and looking forward to them both. Have taken the car there last 2 years for this event and always meet plenty of knowledgeable spectators. In 60s it was almost Gilbern's 'home' circuit, being built in Cardiff!

Mike
Old 9 Jun 2009, 18:04 (Ref:2478546)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yep,

Tickets are here so I guess I'll have to be there now. Can only make Saturday because I'm flying out Sunday morning.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 18:07 (Ref:2478550)   #8
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There is a Classic F3 race on Sunday, with qualifying Saturday late afternoon. Paul Smith usually goes well here so he should finally be able to challenge Bill Coombs. I'm bringing the Modus.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 18:24 (Ref:2478560)   #9
Alan Morgan
Subscriber
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't be put off by the apparently small entry list on the HSCC website. HSCC racers are notoriously late in entering meetings - that's how Grahame White's hair came to match his name!
Old 9 Jun 2009, 19:06 (Ref:2478600)   #10
Colin McKay
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just polishing the wheelnuts, we'll be there midday Saturday I hope. Our paddock area is such a long way from everyone else they're sending the scrutineers by taxi, now that's what I call service!
Old 9 Jun 2009, 20:26 (Ref:2478666)   #11
banbury
Rookie

banbury should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I`ll be racing on Sunday.70s Roadsports Alfa#57.

We`re in the back paddock(car park) scrutineers are doing us in situ.
Old 10 Jun 2009, 07:57 (Ref:2478943)   #12
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am there Saturday in the Cloth Cap and OBG in the Turner and Sunday in Guards in the Merlyn - I love Castle Combe not only is it only 30 minutes away but it has a great clubbie feel to it
Old 10 Jun 2009, 11:46 (Ref:2479076)   #13
Paul V
Racer

Paul V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highworth View Post
The noise testing will be as strict as ever on the classic weekend so all be warned.
As a reminder, please can you check/repack/replace you silencers prior to the event as there is usually precious little time between being tested and start of qualifying (there is a ban on engines running prior to 08:30 and 1st practice is scheduled for 08:40)

We can pre-test a limited number of cars during the morning, so please come and ask if you are think you are likely to have problems.

HTH
Old 10 Jun 2009, 12:19 (Ref:2479100)   #14
terence
Subscriber
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As my wife has booked us into one of the nicest hotels just outside of Dijon,this is one meeting I'll miss Hope you all go well,have fun!
Old 10 Jun 2009, 12:26 (Ref:2479104)   #15
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
are you racing Terry or just speccy'ing? I was hoping to have the benefit of your safety car driving at CC!!