Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 28 Jul 2016, 01:33 (Ref:3661565)   #3276
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aaaaand... the usual doom 'n gloom from the Toronto Sun, including mandatory yapping about how much more popular the race was back in the Molson Indy days. The last time I looked, the race had a deal with the city through 2017. This article (quoting Jeff Atkinson, the President) says 2018, so they must have negotiated an extension recently I guess.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/07/18...wntown-toronto

Also contains: Paul Tracy saying nobody likes the new track layout (not true), griping about noise by a city councillor who likens it to sounding like "a herd [sic] of bees", prophecies of new construction including a second hotel by the same company (note: they still haven't finished the first one, over a year later than planned), and obligatory mentions of Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, Vancouver, and Montreal. It's the Sun, folks.
Old 28 Jul 2016, 02:17 (Ref:3661566)   #3277
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I found this video a few days ago defending the race from criticisms from environmentalists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GJVVzMy4Tk
Old 28 Jul 2016, 11:41 (Ref:3661605)   #3278
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wonder who will replace Target at Ganassi?
http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/target...liz-1784407363
Old 28 Jul 2016, 12:50 (Ref:3661614)   #3279
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
A different perspective from Motorsport.com. Dixon and Ganassi optimistic.

http://www.motorsport.com/indycar/ne...orship-802755/
Old 28 Jul 2016, 16:26 (Ref:3661651)   #3280
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Felix Rosenqvist may be tested Ganassi IndyCar car reported on the Swedish newspaper.
Old 28 Jul 2016, 17:52 (Ref:3661667)   #3281
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
Felix Rosenqvist may be tested Ganassi IndyCar car reported on the Swedish newspaper.
Felix Rosenqvist recently completed a successful test debut at Mid-Ohio.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/125399

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 28 Jul 2016 at 17:59.
Old 28 Jul 2016, 20:43 (Ref:3661711)   #3282
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Dean Stoneman will make his IndyCar test debut in Ryan Hunter-Reay's Dallara-Honda at Watkins Glen on August 11.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/125481
Old 28 Jul 2016, 22:08 (Ref:3661732)   #3283
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Target out of Ganassi. We are DOMED!!!

IndyCar is a niché product, and therefore struggles to find mainstream sponsors. We will see more niché sponsors.
Old 28 Jul 2016, 23:11 (Ref:3661747)   #3284
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
That's a blow for Ganassi. The association with Target must be one of, if not the longest, in motorsport history. The livery with the Energizer flash, was one of motorsport's most iconic.

Target will continue to sponsor Ganassi's NASCAR effort next year but will that continue to 2018?
Old 29 Jul 2016, 01:22 (Ref:3661763)   #3285
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've wondered for a long time why Target has anything to do with motorsport at all, considering they emasculated themselves long ago and their main target audience is liberal moms and metrosexual or homosexual men. They are anti gun and want gender neutral bathrooms. At least at Wal Mart you can go in and buy some tools, guns, ammo, basic stuff to fix your car, stuff to fix your house, buy some jeans or work clothes, etc., and you can't do that at Target. I've had to go into Target several times when traveling because of no other option and they have nothing on offer a real man would need. Terrible place and they will not be missed.
Old 29 Jul 2016, 02:35 (Ref:3661770)   #3286
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
I've wondered for a long time why Target has anything to do with motorsport at all, considering they emasculated themselves long ago and their main target audience is liberal moms and metrosexual or homosexual men. They are anti gun and want gender neutral bathrooms. At least at Wal Mart you can go in and buy some tools, guns, ammo, basic stuff to fix your car, stuff to fix your house, buy some jeans or work clothes, etc., and you can't do that at Target. I've had to go into Target several times when traveling because of no other option and they have nothing on offer a real man would need. Terrible place and they will not be missed.
NASCAR is pretty much the epitome of motorsport for the real man, so if Target have nothing on offer a real man would need, why would they continue their involvement with NASCAR?
Old 29 Jul 2016, 09:00 (Ref:3661808)   #3287
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
their main target audience is liberal moms and metrosexual or homosexual men.
What's wrong with liberal moms and LGBT people? Just asking, I thought we were all equal regardless of political views, skin tone or sexual orientation.

Last edited by BudLightJaguar; 29 Jul 2016 at 09:07.
Old 29 Jul 2016, 10:59 (Ref:3661818)   #3288
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
This is slightly off base and short sighted. My wife is conservative mom that shops at Target but my 6 year old, no matter what series I happen to be watching, cheers for the Target car as that's where we purchase to majority of his toys. Indycar may have just lost one young fan.

While the actual store description for Target is accurate, Wal Mart is full of trash buying Chinese Trash and I've never seen their name on the hood or side pod of a racecar so F them.
Old 29 Jul 2016, 12:58 (Ref:3661833)   #3289
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Classic Crapwagoner comment!
Old 29 Jul 2016, 14:02 (Ref:3661846)   #3290
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Politics on a Motor Sports Forum ? LOL !!!
Really ? How many of us on here REALLY support the Sponsors ?
My 2 cents OPINION :

Enough already of the " Black Lives Matter " and the LGBT talk I don't think a day goes by either on radio or TV that I don't hear about that CRAP

I am sure by the time the 2017 Rolex 24 hour race comes about we will be forced to be seeing Undecided / Transgender Rest Room Facilities

From reading some comments on here WHO gives a crap ?

Lastly IF the media is SO BIASED are we also to include some Auto Racing Journalists in the system ?
Old 29 Jul 2016, 14:37 (Ref:3661849)   #3291
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
We can dispense with the politics, as it's not relevant to the topic. There are plenty of other places, like Facebook pages where people can rant and give their ¢2.

I thought fieldodreams79 post about his 6 year old cheering for the Target car as that's where the majority of his toys were purchased very telling. That's an example of good marketing and product association and it's nothing to do with his age. We all make those associations, otherwise there wouldn't be any marketing, advertising or sponsoring in the first place and motorsport has provided some of the most iconic brand associations.

Target say the brand is about being fresh and new, which begs two questions. Why continue with NASCAR, which isn't exactly fresh or new and is IndyCar still in bad enough shape, Target feel they need to leave?
Old 29 Jul 2016, 15:46 (Ref:3661859)   #3292
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Classic Crapwagoner comment!
Well, then don't feed the crapwagoners. Let them eat from what grows on their own board ;-)
Old 29 Jul 2016, 15:57 (Ref:3661862)   #3293
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
Well, then don't feed the crapwagoners. Let them eat from what grows on their own board ;-)
There's a thread called The Current State of IndyCar, specifically setup where you can talk about Crapwaggoners, CART vs. IRL to your hearts content, not here please.
Old 29 Jul 2016, 16:11 (Ref:3661869)   #3294
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Baldwin View Post
Politics on a Motor Sports Forum ? LOL !!!
Really ? How many of us on here REALLY support the Sponsors ?
My 2 cents OPINION :

Enough already of the " Black Lives Matter " and the LGBT talk I don't think a day goes by either on radio or TV that I don't hear about that CRAP

I am sure by the time the 2017 Rolex 24 hour race comes about we will be forced to be seeing Undecided / Transgender Rest Room Facilities

From reading some comments on here WHO gives a crap ?

Lastly IF the media is SO BIASED are we also to include some Auto Racing Journalists in the system ?
Get outta here with this.

No place on an international MOTORSPORT board.
Old 29 Jul 2016, 16:17 (Ref:3661871)   #3295
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Guys! Help! I'm getting triggered!
Old 29 Jul 2016, 16:20 (Ref:3661873)   #3296
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Right. If this continues, you'll find your posts will be deleted and you'll be given an infraction.

No more please.
Old 29 Jul 2016, 17:13 (Ref:3661882)   #3297
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
What's wrong with liberal moms and LGBT people? Just asking, I thought we were all equal regardless of political views, skin tone or sexual orientation.
I'm not looking for a political conversation or to express my views on that, I am only saying that is their demographic they are looking to appeal to and motor racing with loud, noisy engines and tires and the people that attend those events is not. They have changed a lot as a company since they first got into the sport and mostly their sponsorship was only sustainable due to the associate sponsors who really paid the bill, not Target.
Old 29 Jul 2016, 17:14 (Ref:3661883)   #3298
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
NASCAR is pretty much the epitome of motorsport for the real man, so if Target have nothing on offer a real man would need, why would they continue their involvement with NASCAR?
I believe that is an existing contract to 2018 with no guarantee of renewal.
Old 29 Jul 2016, 17:44 (Ref:3661888)   #3299
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Right. If this continues, you'll find your posts will be deleted and you'll be given an infraction.

No more please.
You are missing the point . Whether you are talking the Politics of Government OR the Politics of International Motor Sports . I find that they both get me PO'd . The same can be said for most not all PR releases .

I participate / attend a variety of motor sports on a yearly basis to see Competition . No matter what side of pit wall you are on it just seems every year the Politics of Auto Racing gets worse every year .

I am ALL for safety improvements on a continuing basis BUT would also like to see cars that retain the same tech specifications for longer than 1 year
Old 29 Jul 2016, 18:48 (Ref:3661899)   #3300
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Baldwin View Post
You are missing the point . Whether you are talking the Politics of Government OR the Politics of International Motor Sports . I find that they both get me PO'd . The same can be said for most not all PR releases .

I participate / attend a variety of motor sports on a yearly basis to see Competition . No matter what side of pit wall you are on it just seems every year the Politics of Auto Racing gets worse every year .

I am ALL for safety improvements on a continuing basis BUT would also like to see cars that retain the same tech specifications for longer than 1 year
I'm not missing the point at all you are. This thread isn't about politics of government or about politics of motorsport, it's title is IndyCar News & Rumours and currently we are discussing Target no longer sponsoring Ganassi. Therefore keep it relevant.