Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Feb 2017, 17:12 (Ref:3714864)   #226
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Toro Rosso looks incredible.
Old 26 Feb 2017, 17:37 (Ref:3714869)   #227
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Ditto it's awsome, simply delicious ! 😀😀
Old 26 Feb 2017, 17:58 (Ref:3714876)   #228
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Both RBR and STR look very clean, both in livery and design and certainly makes want to drool
Old 26 Feb 2017, 18:28 (Ref:3714882)   #229
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
STR has done an awesome job on that livery. Maybe a classic in the making. Regarding the car, they seem to have gone for smaller and closer spaced mounting pylons which helps the look (and I am sure looks wasn't the driver)

Richard
Old 26 Feb 2017, 18:55 (Ref:3714886)   #230
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
STR surely with the best livery this year
like the blue

Ciao Marco
Old 26 Feb 2017, 19:03 (Ref:3714887)   #231
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Well, the liveries are generally good. I don't mind shark fins but I've always been irked by raised noses. But they aren't that bad all in all. As long as they don't look like scaffolding.

Strictly from a livery pov the Renault looks like the McLaren but with the yellow instead of the orange. There's too much orange on the front of the Mclaren but I like the way it looks from the side. Sauber looks like the last of the Ligiers, that STR blue is good too.
Old 26 Feb 2017, 22:07 (Ref:3714932)   #232
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This really is a great looking car and they've come up with a livery that distinguishes them from RBR, rather than them continuing to look like the junior team.

Old 26 Feb 2017, 22:36 (Ref:3714938)   #233
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Reminds me a bit of the mid-late 90s Ligier/Prost liveries. I like it.

I generally prefer liveries that are predominantly one colour. I think the McLaren would look better all-orange and the Renault better all-yellow.

We do miss an absolutely bonkers livery like the '99 BAR though. When I was 5, that car was literally the best thing ever.
Old 26 Feb 2017, 23:01 (Ref:3714942)   #234
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love the McLaren livery, personally. The proportions of the car look sensible - and Alonso declared himself happy today...

The Toro Rosso looks stunning.
Old 27 Feb 2017, 01:22 (Ref:3714960)   #235
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Reminds me a bit of the mid-late 90s Ligier/Prost liveries. I like it.

I generally prefer liveries that are predominantly one colour. I think the McLaren would look better all-orange and the Renault better all-yellow.

We do miss an absolutely bonkers livery like the '99 BAR though. When I was 5, that car was literally the best thing ever.
I was really hoping McLaren would return to the all orange of the late '60s.

Obviously there are differences between the McLaren and Renault's liveries but they have similarities.
Old 27 Feb 2017, 01:37 (Ref:3714962)   #236
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
So the winner is ?
😊😊😊
Old 27 Feb 2017, 01:46 (Ref:3714964)   #237
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the toro rosso blue is absolutely perfect. you know those youtube channels with weirdly satisfying noises? this is the colour equivalent. 14 year old bella would spend her days seeking out a colour newspaper photo to carefully laminate to the front of her school folder.
Old 27 Feb 2017, 02:19 (Ref:3714967)   #238
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
the toro rosso blue is absolutely perfect. you know those youtube channels with weirdly satisfying noises? this is the colour equivalent. 14 year old bella would spend her days seeking out a colour newspaper photo to carefully laminate to the front of her school folder.
Certainly stands out better than the dull matt blue of the mothership...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 27 Feb 2017, 02:50 (Ref:3714969)   #239
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
It's my favorite colour too 😊
Old 27 Feb 2017, 03:00 (Ref:3714972)   #240
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
This really is a great looking car and they've come up with a livery that distinguishes them from RBR, rather than them continuing to look like the junior team.

I was trying think what the livery reminded me of and it was the MCI Worldcom livery used by Aciero Wells on their Reynards during the CART era.

Old 27 Feb 2017, 05:51 (Ref:3714986)   #241
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
So Mercedes is the only team without a shark fin.

But not for long.

Let's see when testing get's underway.
Old 27 Feb 2017, 06:53 (Ref:3714996)   #242
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some make it work so well, others don't. The teams that try to embrace it as a bit of extra advertising space (read Williams) should really rethink it.

I'm really hoping that the sails worked well in the tunnel, but as the real world testing takes place the teams realise that they aren't working as predicted and have to remove them all !
Old 27 Feb 2017, 07:17 (Ref:3714999)   #243
Neppatsrev Xam
Racer

Netherlands
Neppatsrev Xam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post

To the comment about Red Bull above, let's see what it looks like in natural lighting. For example notice how the fin just sinks into the background? . Emphasize the good and hide the bad.

Last edited by Neppatsrev Xam; 27 Feb 2017 at 07:22.
Old 27 Feb 2017, 07:55 (Ref:3715009)   #244
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Some images from the first pre-season test.

Old 27 Feb 2017, 09:18 (Ref:3715020)   #245
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Apparently there are a lot of similarities between the STR and Mercedes, which could be interesting this season.

As for the Haas, at least they've put a good livery on the shark fin
Old 27 Feb 2017, 10:46 (Ref:3715061)   #246
CaptRustyNail
Racer

CaptRustyNail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the side pods look quite tight and compact on the Red Bull. will be an interesting test session!
Old 27 Feb 2017, 10:48 (Ref:3715063)   #247
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
RB13 first car to breakdown. Followed by the McLaren. Not many laps completed by both, and could be out for the day. Meanwhile, not surprising that Mercedes is trouble free and leading the lap count so far.

At halfway point:

Old 27 Feb 2017, 11:25 (Ref:3715078)   #248
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikuni View Post
Some make it work so well, others don't. The teams that try to embrace it as a bit of extra advertising space (read Williams) should really rethink it.
Some seem to have had the fin in their design for a while, and have committed to extending their livery/sponsorship into that area.

RBR seem to be unsure - the bull behind the driver follows a sloping line, and the fin seems to be a different colour as if it was an afterthought added on. The bull's tail is even missing; if they knew they'd have a fin, surely it would have the tail on it?
Perhaps they saw all the other fins appearing and decided they needed in on the act?
Old 27 Feb 2017, 13:39 (Ref:3715110)   #249
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
So Mercedes is the only team without a shark fin.

But not for long.

Let's see when testing get's underway.

Old 27 Feb 2017, 15:41 (Ref:3715129)   #250
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think too much is being made about who has fins and who doesn't. I read somewhere that the shape and even inclusion of a fin (or not) may change over the course of the season and driver preference and track conditions (propensity for cross winds for example) may factor in. I also fully believe that teams will change a number of details (most small, some maybe larger) between now and the first race.

Related note... Are we to have a testing thread or will the launch thread host testing discussion?

Richard