Yep, we're still alive up here...
Old 11 Sep 2008, 03:31 (Ref:2286874)   #27
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Geraldton, W.A. or Beached is bro!
TilkeWannabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Likewise Down Under!

I wonder if we'll get sucked into a black hole if the machine is fully activated.....

I have a great idea!! If we do get sucked into a black hole and somehow survive, I wonder if we could bend the laws of physics when we create our tracks while we're in there? How cool would that be!!!! (Little kid part of brain in action at time of thought)

Last edited by TilkeWannabe; 11 Sep 2008 at 03:35.
Old 11 Sep 2008, 13:40 (Ref:2287180)   #28
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TW, I guess you should've learnt your physics better in school :P
Old 12 Sep 2008, 07:04 (Ref:2287797)   #29
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Stuff physics! I hated science when it was a compulsory subject. Never liked it, ESPECIALLY Physics.
Old 12 Sep 2008, 10:30 (Ref:2287927)   #30
bio
Veteran

Hungary
See, that's why one's afraid of black holes being created here on earth :P
Old 13 Sep 2008, 02:21 (Ref:2288592)   #31
Stig
Racer

United States
New Jersey
Stig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
**NOTE** I am having trouble with getting to the "Manage Attachments" screen (is the link broken?). Until I reach that screen, I cannot attach the file. However, I put the description up so I would not have to retype it later.

Great discussion on black holes . Now getting back on topic...

It is called Autodromo Ayrton Senna. I know tracks named after drivers (especially legends like Senna) are common, but I liked the sound of it. As for location...well the obvious choice is Brazil, but as we know, that is home to Interlagos, and I'm not sure if another world class circuit in the country would make much sense.

Information

- Runs clockwise
- 21 turns
- 3.9 miles in total distance (full course)
- The red line represents the short loop

Elevation:

- The long stretch after turn 3 until turn 5 is downhill
- Turns 6, 7 and 8 rise slightly in elevation
- Turns 9 and 10 are both downhill corners
- Turns 13 and 14 crest uphill
- The straight before turn 15 is downhill
- Turns 16 through 21 all gradually rise is in elevation until leveling out at the start/finish line.

Thanks for all the compliments, criticisms, and everything else!
Old 13 Sep 2008, 02:35 (Ref:2288601)   #32
Stig
Racer

United States
New Jersey
**NOTE** I am having trouble with getting to the "Manage Attachments" screen (is the link broken?). Until I reach that screen, I cannot attach the file. However, I put the description up so I would not have to retype it later.

Great discussion on black holes . Now getting back on topic...

It is called Autodromo Ayrton Senna. I know tracks named after drivers (especially legends like Senna) are common, but I liked the sound of it. As for location...well the obvious choice is Brazil, but as we know, that is home to Interlagos, and I'm not sure if another world class circuit in the country would make much sense.

Information

- Runs clockwise
- 21 turns
- 3.9 miles in total distance (full course)
- The red line represents the short loop

Elevation:

- The long stretch after turn 3 until turn 5 is downhill
- Turns 6, 7 and 8 rise slightly in elevation
- Turns 9 and 10 are both downhill corners
- Turns 13 and 14 crest uphill
- The straight before turn 15 is downhill
- Turns 16 through 21 all gradually rise is in elevation until leveling out at the start/finish line.

Thanks for all the compliments, criticisms, and everything else!
Old 13 Sep 2008, 07:19 (Ref:2288682)   #33
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
bio: Let's just drop the sciency stuff. Hurts my head. (not really)

Stiggy: Double post mate. With the manage attachments problemo, does it get about halfway with the loading then it just stops and it doesn't load for the rest of the time the window's up. I'm just askin' because that's what happened to me a few times.

Last edited by TilkeWannabe; 13 Sep 2008 at 07:23.
Old 13 Sep 2008, 15:55 (Ref:2289039)   #34
Stig
Racer

United States
New Jersey
The double post was an accident, sorry
Old 13 Sep 2008, 16:15 (Ref:2289053)   #35
Stig
Racer

United States
New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by TilkeWannabe
With the manage attachments problemo, does it get about halfway with the loading then it just stops and it doesn't load for the rest of the time the window's up. I'm just askin' because that's what happened to me a few times.
Yes, thats is exactly what's going on. It stops midway, then it tells me it cannot find the page. Really frustrating. I have tried it on two different computers and I got the same failed result. Could it be my network?

Sorry about not answering your question in my last post, Tilke. I tried to edit it, but even that wouldn't go through right.
Old 13 Sep 2008, 21:23 (Ref:2289276)   #36
LibertyBell
Rookie

Canada
Soviet Canuckistan
LibertyBell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Post it on another site, then link to the picture.

It's what I did on my Canada Heights design.

If everybody disagrees about every issue in the world, shouldn't that mean that everybody's wrong?
Old 14 Sep 2008, 05:17 (Ref:2289441)   #37
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Don't fret Stiggy, doesn't matter about the edit. I would like to see what you've done with it though...

Now about the bogus loading, does it come up with a white screen and a warning sorta thing saying "this window http:// blahblahblah.com/whatever cannot be opened" and does it say Mission Aborted underneath that??

If it does you have the same problem as I do sometimes. If it comes up, just click OK and then the window will say "The internet cannot open this page" in blue writing and it will have some possible faults with the computer. Now if that happens, just click back and the page you want will come up.

Oops, I just remembered. Only do that for an ordinary window.

With the manage attachments stuff, go back to the My Tracks area where the threads are, go into the thread you wanna post something on and try again. If the computer fails at opening it again, plz don't hold me responsible for it, I'm definitely no IT super genius!

If it works, you can thank me for it sometime, pleasure helping out.

P.S. Is your computer agonisingly old and slow? Mine is unfortunately.

Last edited by TilkeWannabe; 14 Sep 2008 at 05:26.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 16:03 (Ref:2290017)   #38
matarleton
Racer

United States
Florida
matarleton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only criticism for the first two tracks is to watch the radius on T4 on the first one and T5 on the second. Don't want to make it too tight.

Matt
Old 15 Sep 2008, 02:09 (Ref:2290486)   #39
Stig
Racer

United States
New Jersey
Woo hoo! I was finally able to get it up. Just seems to work at random times - I didn't do anything differently than before, but now I got the "Manage Attachments" screen. Thanks Tilke.

Here it is, Autodromo Ayrton Senna
Attached Thumbnails
AutodromoSenna.jpg  
Old 15 Sep 2008, 03:40 (Ref:2290521)   #40
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
No probs Stiggy.

The track: Ain't that sumthin'! It's got a nice shape and it flows nicely too. Nice option with having a shorter circuit. (I should stop saying nice, eh!) Thumbs up! I think Ayrton would be happy with that.

Those are hand-drawn aren't they. If they are, you must do technical drawing or something like that 'cos you got SKILL. Mine are hand-drawn too but I ruin my ones by putting them through the colour-coding process in Paint.

Kudos
Old 15 Sep 2008, 09:26 (Ref:2290677)   #41
bio
Veteran

Hungary
That sure looks good.

most f the parts make up a great, logival track - except maybe the T17-18-19 part. I can't seem to see the reason behind that section - I wuld definitely reprofile that section.

T13 seems to be a very challenging turn, placed perfectly.

Great one, overall.

bio
Old 15 Sep 2008, 14:18 (Ref:2290931)   #42
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I like the shape of the shaded area which I presume would be "within the barriers" but the actual track line isn't quite right to my eye.
Going around the circuit..

1 and 2 are fine opening corners... an "S" chicane, I really don't see a need for 3 to be where it is, Use 3 as an arc that builds up speed for a fast 4.

5 I have to say is an "inbetween corner" it's not sharp enough for overtaking, and it's not open enough and too close to 6 to allow overtaking at 6....Make 5 the overtaking place and get rid of the following chicane.

With 6, 7and 8 replaced with a nice flowing corner, the circut would then flow nicely until 12.

What is 12,13 and 14 ? is it a fast esses, or a very open chicane? ... Personally get rid of 12 and 13 and make 14 a very fast and ballsy corner (something like Istanbul Park's Turn 10/11?) especially if the apex is on a rise as you describe in the initial post.

T15 reprofile the hairpin Tight in open out allows easier overtaking.

Like Bio I'm not sure about 17-19, If it's intended as a stadium section its way too small and tight. ... How about an arc from halfway between 16 and 17 to 20 making 20 a 90 right that opens out through 21 onto the S/F.

The graphic essentially shows what I've described although very roughly. There is also a slight adjustment to the Short circuit where it rejoins in light of the changes to 14. Also the new pit entrance is shown.
Attached Thumbnails
AutodromoSenna copy.jpg  
Old 16 Sep 2008, 16:17 (Ref:2291931)   #43
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with SBF until turn 8. After that, I like the superfast chicane, although 14 needs a runoff area. The hairpin at 15 indeed needs the reprofile to enable overtaking. The stadium if funny, I would at least keep it as an option.
Old 27 Sep 2008, 21:35 (Ref:2299186)   #44
Stig
Racer

United States
New Jersey
Here's the next one. It has five different configurations.

BMW Motorsports Ring

All tracks run clockwise with the exception of the oval which runs counterclockwise.

Elevation:
The track moves downhill until the stadium section, where it flattens out, and then makes an uphill climb back onto the start/finish straight. The change in elevation is gradual, not too steep.

Configurations:

The Oval - 2 Turns, 2.0 Mi
The Oval Infield Course - 9 Turns
The GP Circuit - 24 Turns, 3.2 Mi
The Club Circuit - 12 Turns
The Endurance Circuit (Combines both the Oval and GP Courses) - 26 Turns, 4.3 Mi

Keep the comments coming! Thanks guys.
Attached Thumbnails
2008-09-26-1523-50.jpg   2008-09-26-1530-09.jpg   2008-09-26-1526-34.jpg  

2008-09-26-1534-11.jpg   2008-09-26-1531-26.jpg  

Last edited by Stig; 27 Sep 2008 at 21:43.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 03:37 (Ref:2299276)   #45
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
GEE WIZZ!! You make my drawing look 2nd rate. That's awesome!! I asked before, do you do technical drawing or something because you're the undisputed master of the pencil!! Absolutely no complaints about it AT ALL. I looove that GP circuit the most.

If any of the BMW hotshots saw that, I think they would be extremely impressed, I know I would be!

Kudos!!

Last edited by TilkeWannabe; 28 Sep 2008 at 03:39.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 03:50 (Ref:2299281)   #46
Stig
Racer

United States
New Jersey
Thanks a lot! I don't take classes in drawing or anything, it's just something I have gotten better at and improved on over the years. I have tried a few times to use Photoshop instead, but I am not good at drawing on the computer, so it never turns out the way I want it to
Old 28 Sep 2008, 05:00 (Ref:2299295)   #47
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Same here. I'm not good at doing tracks on computers either, too messy, frustrating and stuff like that.

BTW, plz check out my latest.

I'm trying to use my time here effectively because the MotoGP is on live here from Motegi. What a coincedence, I did an edit of it not too long ago! I've been looking carefully at the track and the surroundings and some of my changes wouldn't work because of hills.

Last edited by TilkeWannabe; 28 Sep 2008 at 05:08.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 22:40 (Ref:2301534)   #48
tlongman
Racer

United States
New Jersey
tlongman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anybody There?

Since no one else seems to be lining up, I'll give some feed back. Great track! Got some cool sections in there near the end of the GP circuit and the Endurance circuit would be fantastic. Overall very fast and some great overtaking opportunities. Nice work!
Old 30 Sep 2008, 22:52 (Ref:2301543)   #49
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There is a few tweaks that could be made, but generally I prefer the GP circuit.

Looking at it in isolation it reminds me (though the scale is obviously wrong) of one of the old 10 mile or longer GP circuits.

Running the Oval right handed as well makes for a novel approach.
Old 1 Oct 2008, 02:37 (Ref:2301635)   #50
Stig
Racer

United States
New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan
Running the Oval right handed as well makes for a novel approach.
You could do that...but then all the Nascar drivers would be very confused