Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Nov 2017, 06:22 (Ref:3778732)   #101
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonder if Gisbergen, will be sitting next to Roland on the flight back to Brisbane?

Maybe be hard to get past airport security with that piece of 4x2 embedded in his skull!
Old 5 Nov 2017, 06:32 (Ref:3778735)   #102
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
SvG definitely stepped on his trunk this weekend, Saturday's win aside.
Old 5 Nov 2017, 07:26 (Ref:3778741)   #103
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Happy to see Ken Smith walk away from his almighty crash in the F5000 support race.
Guys a legend,huge crash and then looks for another car to drive.
Old 5 Nov 2017, 07:31 (Ref:3778742)   #104
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
no mention of its shortcomings...no mention of the tension with horse racing crowd..
Hampton Downs is a yawn fest track compared with Pukekohe which always pops up some great action,and the horsey people have got along fine with the vroom vroom set for over 55 years.The horseys need the vroom vrooms money.That said can't be far away until Pukekohe becomes a housing subdivision given the crazy rising property prices.
Old 5 Nov 2017, 07:32 (Ref:3778744)   #105
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Happy to see Ken Smith walk away from his almighty crash in the F5000 support race.
Guys a legend,huge crash and then looks for another car to drive.
Video Here

A decent hit
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 5 Nov 2017, 11:03 (Ref:3778778)   #106
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Interesting to see the difference driver confidence in their pitwall makes...
Old 5 Nov 2017, 11:19 (Ref:3778786)   #107
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought he did quite well, all things considered.

Raced for positions, stayed largely out of trouble during the first lap riff-raff. He should be very proud of himself.
Old 5 Nov 2017, 11:28 (Ref:3778793)   #108
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I thought he did quite well, all things considered.

Raced for positions, stayed largely out of trouble during the first lap riff-raff. He should be very proud of himself.
It is what a low budget team should be capable of every weekemd, not waiting for parts to run out of life, or for the flat tow to bring the car back scratched...
Old 5 Nov 2017, 11:59 (Ref:3778799)   #109
Umai Naa
Veteran

In stark contrast to the other car in that outfit, that appeared to be wobbling around, avoiding a non-appearance fine.
Old 5 Nov 2017, 12:25 (Ref:3778806)   #110
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
In stark contrast to the other car in that outfit, that appeared to be wobbling around, avoiding a non-appearance fine.
Wonder if Mr Perkins shall want to be in that car in Newcastle?
Old 5 Nov 2017, 12:45 (Ref:3778813)   #111
Umai Naa
Veteran

Depends if it's a free ride or not.

However, there's still the matter of the sponsorship commitments to his Super2 program...
Old 5 Nov 2017, 13:59 (Ref:3778819)   #112
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
amazing pass by Chaz on Jason bright on last lap. chaz started the lap 3/4 of a second behind and caught and passed Bright.
Brighty backed off on the last lap to allow Chaz a few extra points, he still has an outside hope in the Championship.
Old 6 Nov 2017, 05:37 (Ref:3778941)   #113
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
amazing pass by Chaz on Jason bright on last lap. chaz started the lap 3/4 of a second behind and caught and passed Bright.
Brighty moved aside for Chaz, a good Team player, unlike his youngest Team mate. Anyway was it payback from Cam after Chaz red mist moment at Bathurst?
Old 6 Nov 2017, 08:21 (Ref:3778960)   #114
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
Brighty moved aside for Chaz, a good Team player, unlike his youngest Team mate.
Not a happy camp in the PRA shed champcarman?
Old 6 Nov 2017, 21:22 (Ref:3779092)   #115
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the revelation that it was an unintended gear selection issue by Mostert and Coulthard not leaving space for Reynolds that caused the crash on Saturday, the penalty to Mostert looks unfair now. Mind you I thought that before the neutral story broke because it was a decent distance past the 'redress' that Reynolds and Coulthard tangled, while Mostert was well out of the way on the side of the track. Arguably had Mostert not redressed the same crash could have occurred; what would Coulthard have done differently?
Old 6 Nov 2017, 22:06 (Ref:3779101)   #116
champcarman
Veteran

I believe there was a bit of discontent between 3 of the drivers post race! The other one was happy enough.
Old 6 Nov 2017, 22:11 (Ref:3779103)   #117
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
Brighty moved aside for Chaz, a good Team player, unlike his youngest Team mate. Anyway was it payback from Cam after Chaz red mist moment at Bathurst?
Even the normally over the top Race Control crowd couldn't find a reason to penalise Waters.

Frosty moved to the inside to either try to overtake Chaz or stop Waters at about the same moment Waters tried to overtake Frosty. Racing accident - nothing to see here - please move along.

Of course the real questions from the weekend are how SVG escaped without a penalty, and how anyone can justify driving at 10/10s under the Safety Car.
Old 6 Nov 2017, 23:33 (Ref:3779119)   #118
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I assume SVG must have been under 40k after drilling Slade (lucky they didn't ping him?), or on a more serious note they leave it to self-inflicted penalties a lot of the time.

Can't comment on the other issue as I don't remember it being mentioned on the Ch10 "highlights". A lot of room for improvement there, instead of just cutting down the original broadcast they should task one of their junior commentators with adding some voiceover to link where necessary to fill in the story of the race, I'm sure they would jump at the opportunity to display their abilities.
Old 6 Nov 2017, 23:34 (Ref:3779120)   #119
champcarman
Veteran

What about the non PRA cars that had their races ruined by the needless incident.
Old 7 Nov 2017, 03:38 (Ref:3779152)   #120
Jamolad
Rookie

Jamolad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Of course the real questions from the weekend are how SVG escaped without a penalty, and how anyone can justify driving at 10/10s under the Safety Car.
I'm assuming they let the SVG and TS one go as contact occurred just prior to the pit-limiter line (so was not contact in pit lane). Was nose-to-tail contact and, although he copped damage, Slade was not turned around and was able to continue.

What lap time did SVG and Frosty do under safety car? Was their supposed speed exagerated by the SC momentarily picking up the wrong Reb Bull as leader?

I'm surprised Chaz copped a drive through for the bump on Reynolds - whether he meant to or not, he did redress, but given it did cause Reynolds to lose a few spots maybe one of their naff 10 second penaltys. If they gave The Chaz a drive-through for what happened between Fabian and Reynolds then that is just plain wrong - can't hold Chaz liable for what happened at the following corner when he is several car lengths behind, that was all down to Fabian.
Old 7 Nov 2017, 06:14 (Ref:3779169)   #121
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
An odd question to all you flaggies and marshalls that hang around here.

Exactly when is it safe to go on to the track?

I always though that if the SC boards and yellows were waved it would be OK to race out and grab a bit of plastic or a busted mirror off the track.

But now these clowns are flying around at warp speed under yellow to get back onto the queue, I don't think I'd ever venture over the barriers..........
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 7 Nov 2017, 06:37 (Ref:3779175)   #122
old fart
Racer

Australia
a racetrack -wish it was Mt Panorama.
old fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridold fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post

I always though that if the SC boards and yellows were waved it would be OK to race out and grab a bit of plastic or a busted mirror off the track.

But now these clowns are flying around at warp speed under yellow to get back onto the queue, I don't think I'd ever venture over the barriers..........
I assume you are referring to Supercars - Any official should only enter onto the track after approval granted by race control. Race control has the car tracker system showing where every vehicle is and in this modern era of electronic coverage the cameras can be utilised to check things.

In other events where the tracker may not be available race control calls the shots once they are sure where cars are by referring to the timing monitor which can indicate sectors plus doing a progressive radio check with all points.

Even then you can get caught out when somebody parked well off the track in a safe position decides that the malady has resolved itself and they can re enter the track,often without requesting permission from the nearest post and sometimes very unexpectedly.
Old 7 Nov 2017, 07:55 (Ref:3779181)   #123
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post

Like old timers reply, Race control dictates when we can go onto the track.
Some times they will allow a Marshall to go and remove an item , once the "train" has passed, under safety car control.

Unless the track is open , between events, the course car goes around with its green lights on, track is open, red lights track is closed, event due to start.

We do not go out unless race control approves it.

cheers
Old 9 Nov 2017, 05:55 (Ref:3779582)   #124
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Five talking points - ITM Auckland SuperSprint

this one was the most interesting i thought. MS refereed to sort of suggesting Jamie may have gone slow to hold Scott up

Safety Car, scrambled

Quote:
As well as the time it took for the SC to identify it was Whincup and not leader van Gisbergen approaching, and hence change its lights from yellow to green to let him through, there was an additional delay of almost 7s between the green and Whincup accelerating by.
Old 9 Nov 2017, 21:45 (Ref:3779689)   #125
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Five talking points - ITM Auckland SuperSprint

this one was the most interesting i thought. MS refereed to sort of suggesting Jamie may have gone slow to hold Scott up

Safety Car, scrambled
An additional benefit of introducing minimum sector times when the safety car is deployed would make such mistakes mute.