Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 25 Feb 2015, 23:25 (Ref:3509038)   #26
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Noticed a very exciting addition to the Cota entry list.
Ricardo Perez driving the #62 Ferrari in GT-A.
The team listed is Risi Competizione!

I wonder if this is a one/off entry for Texas, or if we will see this car at other rounds.

http://www.world-challenge.com/image...ry-List-v5.pdf
Old 26 Feb 2015, 02:36 (Ref:3509107)   #27
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post

I wonder if this is a one/off entry for Texas, or if we will see this car at other rounds.

That's pretty cool!
Old 26 Feb 2015, 04:37 (Ref:3509116)   #28
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The field just keeps getting better and better. It's gotten to the point where for most guys a top 10 in this field is a pretty big accomplishment.

Something to watch for: Last year at COTA at the IMSA Porsche Cup race, Colin Thompson and Sloan Urry had an amazing battle. They'll be buried in the third class but it'll be cool to see if they can replicate it.
Old 26 Feb 2015, 18:39 (Ref:3509351)   #29
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So, I've been wondering about the three TBAs currently listed on the PWC COTA entry list.

The pro GT TBA is slotted between #20 and #28. This would very nicely fit the return of Reiter's #25 Lamborghini from last year.
One of the GTA TBAs is listed between #99 and #05, which would fit the #0 Reiter Lamborghini.

The difficult one to figure is the TBA car between #32 and #41.
Maybe a Lizard Audi? Their old #35 car has been being tested in what sure looks like GT3 spec.

Sonoma Raceway @RaceSonoma · Feb 24 Some killer cars going around our track today @FlyingLizard_MS #Testing #Racing

Since Brent Holden's GMG Audi has #44, running at as #35 would be possible, and it would fit the spot on the entry list.
Another possibility: Maybe the third TBA is the 3R Racing SaReNi Camaro GT3.

Fun to speculate, anyway!

Last edited by Mechanic Z; 26 Feb 2015 at 18:45.
Old 26 Feb 2015, 18:46 (Ref:3509353)   #30
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
yeah, total number of entries up to 110 and there could be a couple more, mainly in GT(A), perhaps the second Ferri M'sport Ferrari and - like you said - 1 or 2 Lambos.

Looking at the numbers in the different divisions, it would make more sense to let the Cup Porsches run with the GTS class, the GT(A)/GT cup combo now has almost 50 cars while GTS sits on a much leaner 20.
numbers-wise, it makes sense.

But GTS want, and deserve, to be the main show and get overall wins. I think eventually we could see more Cup classes added (think Ferrari Challenge, Maserati Trofeo, Aston Martin GT4 Cup, etc) and create a true GT Cup class
Old 26 Feb 2015, 21:33 (Ref:3509397)   #31
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post

Interesting! I wonder if this is actually Ferri's second car entered by Risi? I didn't think Risi had a proper GT3 chassis.
Old 27 Feb 2015, 03:26 (Ref:3509503)   #32
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Interesting! I wonder if this is actually Ferri's second car entered by Risi? I didn't think Risi had a proper GT3 chassis.
Wasn't there a rumor floated at some point over the off-season that they were going to run a GTD? I could have totally dreamt that but I thought I remember hearing that.
Old 27 Feb 2015, 05:31 (Ref:3509521)   #33
daallo
Rookie

Mexico
Mexico
daallo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very well deserved by Ricardo, he is a great, professional, hard-working driver that totally dominated touring cars in México and then last year the Ferrari Challenge North America, and particularly in Austin. With a Risi car don't be surprised if he pulls the victory in the opener.

Back in the day he used to compete with Mario DomÃ*nguez, Memo Rojas, Allen Berg (who made it to F1), David MartÃ*nez, Jorge & Patrick Goeters, Carlos Contreras, Homero Richards et al. All of them were very succesful internationally but Ricardo mostly stayed here.

Last edited by daallo; 27 Feb 2015 at 05:46.
Old 27 Feb 2015, 13:58 (Ref:3509668)   #34
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by daallo View Post
Very well deserved by Ricardo, he is a great, professional, hard-working driver that totally dominated touring cars in México and then last year the Ferrari Challenge North America, and particularly in Austin. With a Risi car don't be surprised if he pulls the victory in the opener.

Back in the day he used to compete with Mario DomÃ*nguez, Memo Rojas, Allen Berg (who made it to F1), David MartÃ*nez, Jorge & Patrick Goeters, Carlos Contreras, Homero Richards et al. All of them were very succesful internationally but Ricardo mostly stayed here.
I'm sure he'll find the competition in PWC this year much tougher though! But he might make a big impression in GT-A.
Old 27 Feb 2015, 18:49 (Ref:3509757)   #35
jross427
Racer

jross427 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi guys,
Just wanted to post as I am a regular at Sonoma test days, the #35 lizard r8 has seen lots of work across the last two weeks. It caught me off guard seeing the car as I remembered the Mclaren announcement. I didn't get a chance to see who was supporting the car, but lizard did not have the rig down in pit road like the did last year when they tested.

TRG have been testing like crazy all over California, I have seen them at Sonoma, been on track with them at buttonwillow, seen them again at Willow springs, it's almost creepy haha. There v12 fleet has grown to 3 last time I saw them at Sonoma (matte black with blue highlights, light blue car, and a full white car) they did test a naked car at button Willow that had enduro lights in the grill and most the body work was of the gulf racing colors. They also have been supporting 2 or 3 v8's on test days.

Lastly, there has been a naked R8 testing at Sonoma. Full black with silver roof and pillars, yellow headlights. No names, sponsors, etc. I have seen it 3 times, driver looked competent, so any leads on that?
Old 27 Feb 2015, 19:11 (Ref:3509761)   #36
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Originally Posted by jross427 View Post
Hi guys,
Just wanted to post as I am a regular at Sonoma test days, the #35 lizard r8 has seen lots of work across the last two weeks. It caught me off guard seeing the car as I remembered the Mclaren announcement. I didn't get a chance to see who was supporting the car, but lizard did not have the rig down in pit road like the did last year when they tested.
Mentioned my GTA Audi theory on Twitter, and Lizards pretty much reaffirmed the program is still McLarens with KPax only.

Kind of surprised they haven't revealed the McLarens liveries yet, it's going to be hard for them to top last year's livery on the 12c.
Old 27 Feb 2015, 19:51 (Ref:3509776)   #37
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Could this be the silver and black Audi that you were talking about at Sonoma?

http://sportscar365.com/world-challe...ameron-racing/

Old 27 Feb 2015, 23:53 (Ref:3509853)   #38
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
One Lambo announced, good guess above: http://sportscar365.com/world-challe...ghini-for-pwc/
Old 28 Feb 2015, 01:54 (Ref:3509873)   #39
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
One Lambo announced, good guess above: http://sportscar365.com/world-challe...ghini-for-pwc/
Nick Catsburg, that's another great drver in World Challenge!
Old 1 Mar 2015, 01:22 (Ref:3510182)   #40
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Should be a fun pair of races, as long as there isn't any yellows.
Old 1 Mar 2015, 01:37 (Ref:3510185)   #41
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
James Sofronas' GMG Audi #14 livery:

Quote:
GMG Racing @GMGRacing · 6h 6 hours ago We have officially unveiled the new look for 2015! Huge Thanks to our partners @spyderantidote… https://instagram.com/p/zqDZPWyknQ/

And NGT's Ferrari (and GT-Cup Porsche) officially announced:

http://sportscar365.com/world-challe...e-pwc-program/

Old 1 Mar 2015, 01:48 (Ref:3510190)   #42
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Also, Duncan Ende's Scuderia Corsa Ferrari:

Quote:
Duncan Ende @DuncanEnde · 23h 23 hours ago One last test in the books and now on to Austin. @ Buttonwillow Raceway Park https://instagram.com/p/zoPUH-CKm_/
And Martin Fuentes' Ferrari:

Quote:
Martin Fuentes @MFT07 · 6h 6 hours ago

Terminamos el ultimo dia de entrenamientos previo a Austin y el Caballo si trota y muy duro!!!… https://instagram.com/p/zqHTIygyzj/
Old 1 Mar 2015, 19:31 (Ref:3510438)   #43
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Should be a fun pair of races, as long as there isn't any yellows.
That's a big ask!
Old 2 Mar 2015, 02:13 (Ref:3510543)   #44
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Updated PWC COTA entry list now lists Madison Snow in the #21 GMG Audi, and Guy Cosmo in the #23 M1 Audi!

http://www.world-challenge.com/image...ry-List-v6.pdf
Old 2 Mar 2015, 05:33 (Ref:3510574)   #45
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
A new S365 article on the insanity that is PWC 2015 (in a good way).

http://sportscar365.com/world-challe...season-opener/

Man, this is going to be fantastic to watch!
Old 2 Mar 2015, 14:47 (Ref:3510768)   #46
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So we still have 2 TBAs on the entry list. One is the Reiter Lambo, right? Do we have any idea who the other one is?

This is fun, reminds me of the ALMS days when we'd get several publishings of the entry lists with lots of TBAs and we'd all speculate who we thought those TBAs would be.
Old 2 Mar 2015, 16:28 (Ref:3510803)   #47
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
3 TBA's I believe, 1 of them being the announced (but not yet updated in the entry list) Lambo for Catsburg (#25?) with possibly a second Lambo in the wings, maybe there entry fees are not yet in PWC's bank account?!

Third TBA is a big guess, going by the numbers most likely to be another Audi or Ferrari or even Aston Martin (RSR???).

Then again, they might not materialize at all, we'll see, close to 50 cars in the fastest group gonna be a hoot anyway!
Old 2 Mar 2015, 16:29 (Ref:3510805)   #48
ttdriver2009
Racer

ttdriver2009 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there and can't wait to see all of the rest of you at the track. With this series growing by the second, it's going to be bigger than Sebring. I can't wait.
Old 2 Mar 2015, 18:24 (Ref:3510833)   #49
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The COTA pick 'em is live. Winner gets an autographed magazine from Mike Skeen http://nasportscar.com/2014-pwc-pick-em/
Old 2 Mar 2015, 18:42 (Ref:3510848)   #50
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Looks like one of the Nissans will be in black & teal.

And this looks pretty similar to Nissan's Bathurst livery. Probably the other car?