Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 3 Mar 2015, 14:33 (Ref:3511183)   #51
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezPutz View Post
As has been mentioned by credible outlets many a time, the Austin WEC race has the least amount of sponsorship involvement of any WEC event. If there were a viable market for these cars to race here, they would be. It's a sad fact.
WEC choosing to race at that Tilkedrome has nothing to do with anything here.
Old 3 Mar 2015, 16:31 (Ref:3511227)   #52
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
WEC choosing to race at that Tilkedrome has nothing to do with anything here.
Well... after they were told they couldn't keep the Sebring 12 as a standalone WEC event... which really was the right thing to do from an owners perspective, even if it sucks for the fans.
Old 3 Mar 2015, 16:45 (Ref:3511230)   #53
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Well... after they were told they couldn't keep the Sebring 12 as a standalone WEC event... which really was the right thing to do from an owners perspective, even if it sucks for the fans.
If TUSC and WEC can get on the same page from a prototype perspective in 2017. And GTD/GTE figures itself out, I don't think it'd be far fetched to see another combined event.

Granted. That podium event would take 6 more hours but...who cares!
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 3 Mar 2015, 17:15 (Ref:3511235)   #54
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Biggest reason we won't see a combined event is because TUSC cars would look foolish on TV—they'd only be on TV because of the TV contract; otherwise, who would follow a bunch of slow, struggling mid-pack cars?

Hard for TUSC to roar loudly about how wonderful its racing is, when it is barely able to keep up with a bunch of third-class Pro-Am teams.
Old 3 Mar 2015, 22:01 (Ref:3511357)   #55
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
If TUSC and WEC can get on the same page from a prototype perspective in 2017. And GTD/GTE figures itself out, I don't think it'd be far fetched to see another combined event.

Granted. That podium event would take 6 more hours but...who cares!
WEC has what, 35 cars full season this year? How many full season entries for IMSA? Do you really expect to get them all on the same grid?
Old 3 Mar 2015, 23:34 (Ref:3511396)   #56
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
WEC has what, 35 cars full season this year? How many full season entries for IMSA? Do you really expect to get them all on the same grid?
No, GTD and PC would get axed. I started to make the same comment, but figured TUSC would have no problem dropping the Pro-Am classes is it could get the extra eyeballs the WEC cars would bring. TUWSC would probably have a Pro-Am race Friday and add Lites at GT3 Cup to fill the grid.

They still wouldn't do it, because of the negative impact on the P cars, both is apparent speed and lost sponsorship. They'll PO TRG or AJR without a worry, but not GM or Ford.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 02:34 (Ref:3511451)   #57
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
pdxracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll toss this out there again. We had all plans in place to go this year. Found out recently that we cannot. We have four 4-day Supertickets and two car parking passes that we're offering for sale. If anyone is interested in going and didn't get discount tickets, we'll let our's go at discounted prices. Also, the owner of the house we had rented is trying to re-rent it, but I'll pass along their contact information if you're interested, please PM me for details.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 04:07 (Ref:3511476)   #58
FLGTFAN
Racer

United States
Naples, Florida
FLGTFAN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Try sebringfans.com

Keep in mind that the ticket jocks sell 4-days on the road into the track for $70 - last time I checked. Good luck.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 05:26 (Ref:3511496)   #59
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGTFAN View Post
Try sebringfans.com

Keep in mind that the ticket jocks sell 4-days on the road into the track for $70 - last time I checked. Good luck.
Thanks,

I'm checking.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 15:04 (Ref:3511674)   #60
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Entry list is out. 47 cars: 14 P, 7 PC, 9 GTLM, 17 GTD. Basically the same as Daytona except for six fewer cars. These would be:

#66 RG Racing -- Riley/BMW DP
#02 Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates -- Riley/Ford DP (the second Ganassi car)
#61 BAR1 Motorsports -- ORECA FLM09 PC (the second BAR 1 car)
#51 AF Corse -- Ferrari 458 Italia GTLM
#28 Konrad Motorsport -- Porsche 911 GT America GTD
#64 Scuderia Corsa -- Ferrari 458 Italia GTD (second Scuderia Corsa)
Old 4 Mar 2015, 15:53 (Ref:3511685)   #61
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by toledo47 View Post
I see a few spots on that map show that there are scoreboards. Are there any viewing areas with a big monitor, like at Road Atlanta?
There is a monitor in the Hairpin.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 16:44 (Ref:3511701)   #62
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's another in the fun zone - not a track viewing area but in front of the Patron bar and big and close.
The one at the hairpin is far enough that binoculars are nice for the text.
I don't have one but I would think a smartphone with the t&s app would be the bee's knees.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 17:34 (Ref:3511716)   #63
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
Entry list is out. 47 cars: 14 P, 7 PC, 9 GTLM, 17 GTD. Basically the same as Daytona except for six fewer cars. These would be:

#66 RG Racing -- Riley/BMW DP
#02 Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates -- Riley/Ford DP (the second Ganassi car)
#61 BAR1 Motorsports -- ORECA FLM09 PC (the second BAR 1 car)
#51 AF Corse -- Ferrari 458 Italia GTLM
#28 Konrad Motorsport -- Porsche 911 GT America GTD
#64 Scuderia Corsa -- Ferrari 458 Italia GTD (second Scuderia Corsa)
Link?

L.P.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 17:41 (Ref:3511722)   #64
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Link?

L.P.
Sebring entry list is here: http://sebringracewaynews.com/TUDOR-...Entry-List.pdf
Old 4 Mar 2015, 18:03 (Ref:3511728)   #65
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
Thanks

L.P.
Old 6 Mar 2015, 03:24 (Ref:3512332)   #66
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxracefan View Post
I'll toss this out there again. We had all plans in place to go this year. Found out recently that we cannot. We have four 4-day Supertickets and two car parking passes that we're offering for sale. If anyone is interested in going and didn't get discount tickets, we'll let our's go at discounted prices. Also, the owner of the house we had rented is trying to re-rent it, but I'll pass along their contact information if you're interested, please PM me for details.
Update, for anyone who's interested in going: My son and daughter-in-law were going with us, but will also not be going. So we have four 4-day Supertickets and two parking passes we can't use. Total price for is $230. That's half price for the lot. PM me if you're interested. Helluva deal.
Old 11 Mar 2015, 17:45 (Ref:3514205)   #67
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMSA.com only coverage of Sebring from 7-10 pm. Well only be beneficial for that 7:00 hour though. I can't watch night racing on a TV screen too dark and the headlights makes me squnit my eyes. But i understand why Sebring can't be lit up like Daytona is at night.

I tell you what an LMP2 car could pull an overall win perhaps both the #60 and the #1 could do it. For the #60 the key is to get John Pew the weakest driver in the seat early and often and to make sure while he is driving he keeps the car no worse than 1 lap down. Assuming FCY wave arounds can assist them later with the faster Negri/Wilson.
Old 12 Mar 2015, 17:46 (Ref:3514531)   #68
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I decided to upgrade the "pre-race" thread to the actual race thread. I have updated the first post with the usual race thread links.
Old 13 Mar 2015, 00:27 (Ref:3514644)   #69
FLGTFAN
Racer

United States
Naples, Florida
FLGTFAN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Not a criticism, but for those fans on the start/finish straight, there is new catch fencing that adorns the walls on both sides of the track - for the entire front straight. I understand why, but something amazing has quietly gone away.
Old 13 Mar 2015, 00:37 (Ref:3514652)   #70
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGTFAN View Post
Not a criticism, but for those fans on the start/finish straight, there is new catch fencing that adorns the walls on both sides of the track - for the entire front straight. I understand why, but something amazing has quietly gone away.
This is what everyone thought would happen when the track "ownership" changed hands.
Old 13 Mar 2015, 01:43 (Ref:3514666)   #71
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
This is what everyone thought would happen when the track "ownership" changed hands.
As much as I hate to see changes to a classic circuit, I can't really fault then for making safety improvements.
Old 13 Mar 2015, 03:51 (Ref:3514671)   #72
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
As much as I hate to see changes to a classic circuit, I can't really fault then for making safety improvements.
Exactly.

No changes to the circuit itself, just making it safer for crews and spectators.

But, ya know, if your agenda is hating everything NASCAR and IMSA, then it's a terrible, horrible thing.
Old 13 Mar 2015, 03:55 (Ref:3514674)   #73
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Another round of AoP yesterday.....

http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/fi...%20REVISED.pdf

http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/fi...%2315-09_0.pdf

L.P.
Old 13 Mar 2015, 05:34 (Ref:3514685)   #74
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
honestly Imsa isnt ruining it for me,it's the stupid broadcast deal with fox that is.how many of us are going to be able to watch the hours and ending on fs2? Hell most of the season is going to be on fs2,why even bother paying attention.i hope they let the geo block go during the fs2 hours.....
Old 13 Mar 2015, 11:42 (Ref:3514781)   #75
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
honestly Imsa isnt ruining it for me,it's the stupid broadcast deal with fox that is.how many of us are going to be able to watch the hours and ending on fs2? Hell most of the season is going to be on fs2,why even bother paying attention.i hope they let the geo block go during the fs2 hours.....
Lots of us cut the chord when it comes to cable/satellite TV. The broadcast schedule is irrelevant to me. However I ended up enjoying following Daytona live using just imsa.com onboards/Rooftop Ray, RLM radio, and live timing. If you really enjoy the GTLM class in particular like me it works out because most of the onboards are from cars in that category. Especially knowing that the network broadcast would be up on youtube 1-2 days later anyway.