Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 30 May 2015, 17:56 (Ref:3542985)   #51
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the question is, is the safety workers fine after that at end of race crash as a safety truck got invole as well
Old 30 May 2015, 18:01 (Ref:3542988)   #52
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
the question is, is the safety workers fine after that at end of race crash as a safety truck got invole as well
Seems everyone is ok, they showed the replay was a big hit for the #007 Aston Martin into the wall and then the safety truck.
Old 30 May 2015, 18:06 (Ref:3542990)   #53
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Jan Heylen being taken to the emergency room.
Old 30 May 2015, 19:05 (Ref:3543008)   #54
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That safety truck got hit hard. Look like all 4 tires
came off the ground. What a shame.
Old 30 May 2015, 19:07 (Ref:3543009)   #55
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently track workers are off to the hospital after that.
Old 30 May 2015, 20:10 (Ref:3543028)   #56
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not real smart, who put that truck there on a green wet track?
Old 30 May 2015, 22:35 (Ref:3543087)   #57
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was checkered flag out but yes not very smart with it being the first turn and a slick wet track. But better to hit a safety truck than a parked race car I guess.hope every one comes out ok.
Old 30 May 2015, 22:41 (Ref:3543090)   #58
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
It was checkered flag out but yes not very smart with it being the first turn and a slick wet track. But better to hit a safety truck than a parked race car I guess.hope every one comes out ok.
I hope you are Kidding RIGHT ! " Better to hit a Safety Truck than a Parked Race Car ?"

What Protection do the Safety Crews Have ?
Old 30 May 2015, 22:56 (Ref:3543097)   #59
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Said "I guess".

Yes safety workers won't have any protection but it's better than not having the truck there at all and the car crashing into everything and nothing slowing it down while the workers are doing their job on the parked car.

I'm wondering if it happened when Davidson hit the truck or when McNeil and pumpelly crashed onto the scene.
Old 31 May 2015, 01:06 (Ref:3543117)   #60
Rcz
Veteran

United States
The trucks and workers should not been on that at all.

On track the race car is built for impact and therefore is the safest place as long as the driver is still belt in.
Old 31 May 2015, 09:01 (Ref:3543224)   #61
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
That was all a bit of a shambles at the end of the race. Clearly quite a sizable accident back at finish line due to the wheel and body parts lying there. Not sure they ever showed what happened did they?

It's difficult but in hindsight they shouldn't have had safety vehicles that close to a green section of track - especially with cars racing each other full gas to the line.

I don't think any driver would pick hitting a service vehicle over a race car. A very high profile case last year brought that into sharp focus.
Old 1 Jun 2015, 14:25 (Ref:3543803)   #62
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ben's data analysis http://nasportscar.com/bens-analysis-2015-detroit/
Old 2 Jun 2015, 19:21 (Ref:3544301)   #63
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was just looking at the results from this race, I didn't realize that the lone Mazda actually finished on the lead lap.
Old 2 Jun 2015, 21:39 (Ref:3544346)   #64
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They just set the race broadcast to private on YouTube for some reason. Luckily it was right after I finished watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pvfCl2AYB0
Old 2 Jun 2015, 23:12 (Ref:3544369)   #65
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
They just set the race broadcast to private on YouTube for some reason. Luckily it was right after I finished watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pvfCl2AYB0
Maybe something to do with the incident?
Old 2 Jun 2015, 23:45 (Ref:3544375)   #66
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I was just looking at the results from this race, I didn't realize that the lone Mazda actually finished on the lead lap.
The Mazda was slower here than in Laguna. The car lost a lap and was mixed with the PC cars, but it recovered the lost lap in a yellow flag.
Old 3 Jun 2015, 00:53 (Ref:3544380)   #67
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
The Mazda was slower here than in Laguna. The car lost a lap and was mixed with the PC cars, but it recovered the lost lap in a yellow flag.
Thanks, that's what I figured. But ultimately they did finish on lead lap and that is what the results will show for history.
Old 3 Jun 2015, 01:51 (Ref:3544390)   #68
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Slowly but surely I suppose...

So about that accident at the end, should there been a yellow at the end? Have the race end in a yellow would be a bummer. I think would have allowed it to finish under green , but of course I wouldn't send the safety team out in there. As long as the driver can communicate, still buckled in and not injured, it would probably be fine.
Old 8 Jun 2015, 01:46 (Ref:3545976)   #69
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The race broadcast is back up, but they cut about 7 minutes out, from what I can tell, it's all from the end after the safety truck incident. The old link is still private.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCzDkAadEo8