Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 28 Jun 2015, 22:46 (Ref:3554606)   #151
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
But he could have caught them!
Only because the FCY's split the classes up. DP leader happened to be between the class leaders of each category.
Old 28 Jun 2015, 22:53 (Ref:3554608)   #152
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Looks like the Mazda will take a 5th, although way down in the overall order. Dont know if they would be happier with this 5th place and 16 laps down, or 6th place in Detroit but on the lead lap.

Quite surprised to see the PCs do better as a class than the Protos. PC's 5 of top 9 and Protos 4/9.
Was there a long stretch in the race where the GTLM cars were ahead of the LMPC cars. I think it was FCY's more than anything that put the LMPC cars ahead because the GTLM's are much faster in the rain in particular.
Old 29 Jun 2015, 01:07 (Ref:3554624)   #153
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Frustrated to say it...but tusc in its current form has lost its appeal almost complete ly for me. I know it was mixed conditions today, but many of the accidents were just the result of very poor driving. The P field is unwatchable and completely uninteresting. I really hope imsa breaks ties with aco regarding p2 and does something interesting that also increases the field of protos.
Old 29 Jun 2015, 01:21 (Ref:3554627)   #154
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Decent racing today in poor driving conditions that left a lot to be desired from this wonderful cirucit and historic race, but there was enough green running and changing conditions to mix up the strategies in all classes which turned into a not so terrible affair.

PC continues to get in the way and cock up the proceedings, unfortunately.

Congrats to Falken! Boy do they love the rainy, long events.
Old 29 Jun 2015, 02:25 (Ref:3554634)   #155
otisdog
Rookie

United States
Camano island, Washington
otisdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidder View Post
Frustrated to say it...but tusc in its current form has lost its appeal almost complete ly for me. I know it was mixed conditions today, but many of the accidents were just the result of very poor driving. The P field is unwatchable and completely uninteresting. I really hope imsa breaks ties with aco regarding p2 and does something interesting that also increases the field of protos.
Says the guy who just got back from the best race in the world….
Old 29 Jun 2015, 02:48 (Ref:3554636)   #156
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidder View Post
Fully agree.... I was in and out most of the day.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 29 Jun 2015, 03:14 (Ref:3554638)   #157
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
Was there a long stretch in the race where the GTLM cars were ahead of the LMPC cars. I think it was FCY's more than anything that put the LMPC cars ahead because the GTLM's are much faster in the rain in particular.
I was mostly following via radio today, but caught the first and last hour on video. The first hour was wet and half the gtlm grid was behind the gtd leaders due to tire choices. But nearly everyone had issues in this race including gtlm pros, this may be why the lmpcs started ahead. Also the downforce of the Oreca may have helped in the conditions.
Old 29 Jun 2015, 18:42 (Ref:3554759)   #158
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For the amount of water in the track I haven´t so much poor driving, I say the opposite. The last half an hour incidents were more a consequence of the yellows packing the race than the rain itself.
Old 30 Jun 2015, 03:42 (Ref:3554830)   #159
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by otisdog View Post
Fair point my friend..
Old 30 Jun 2015, 03:43 (Ref:3554831)   #160
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by otisdog View Post
Although..haven't seen you at laguna since the factories left p1....miss u buddy
Old 30 Jun 2015, 22:17 (Ref:3555038)   #161
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I was there, and enjoyed myself massively. Those Chevrolet DP's sound amazing, and the Ford farts under partial throttle.

Watched the broadcast today and it was pretty cool to see my car/sleeping quarters on television almost every lap.