Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 26 Oct 2017, 07:33 (Ref:3776537)   #176
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I did not realise there were two layouts, maybe going t'other way? Not sure theyc an as the jump is profiled one way only?

I would think it is juts as start line thing, the track and gravel only has one layout.

Perhaps not using joker runde!!
Old 26 Oct 2017, 20:14 (Ref:3776674)   #177
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I'm not sure there's much difference in actual circuit layout - it's just the world championship (and round 1 of the British) use the shiny facilities of 'The Wing' (presumably the British gets to use them as a test run for the World event). The second British event (after the World event) isn't allowed to use the F1 facilities and will have to make do with the Stowe facilities (none ). So paddock location will be different but I'm not sure how much else will be.
Old 13 Nov 2017, 17:16 (Ref:3780214)   #178
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another track update from the Silverstone Facebook page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstone Official Facebook Page
The Silverstone team are busy installing new tyre walls and resurfacing the rallycross track ahead of SpeedMachine FIA World Rallycross Championship & British Rallycross Championship next year - exciting times!

Looks like there will be some tarmac sections on the layout!

(Looking at the earlier image, I think the above photo might be the joker lap?)
Old 14 Nov 2017, 08:20 (Ref:3780350)   #179
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bit of an odd thing to do, but quite common in a transition to make the surface different!

No idea yet where people are going to watch and tyre walls are going to restrict viewing a little, but obviously necessary
Old 16 Nov 2017, 11:29 (Ref:3780715)   #180
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RX2 confirmed at seven rounds in 2018, one of which will be Silverstone.
Old 8 Dec 2017, 01:00 (Ref:3785749)   #181
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well sure your all as blown away as I am over the named music acts! Dizzee Rascal, Basement Jaxx dj set and ministry of sound dj set. I commented sometime ago that the only way I could see them selling tickets for this thing was to pull in top music acts, well so far they have failed there. I'm assuming more acts will be named but at the moment they might as well have saved themselves some money and just had the monster rig going!

In all honesty this whole event is becoming more and more of a very expensive embarrassment with the weakest in numbers of rallycross catagories, a pathetic music event and I'm not even going to bother mentioning the other stuff the are despatately trying to market. IMG you have a responsibility to the fantastic sport of rallycross and its fans and yes I'm all for encouraging the fan base to grow but this is not going to do it, infact quite possibly bearing in mind the extortionate admission prices quite the opposite could happen.
Old 8 Dec 2017, 20:32 (Ref:3785921)   #182
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I really couldn't care less

This is not just about IMG it is about Silverstone aswell, they are the ones marketing it, not IMG, they just sold the rights to Silverstone.

I would not touch this rotten garbage with a bargepole, it is a simply a way of trying to make money, that is why the tickets are so dear, to pay for this crap.

All you can hope is that the numbires and the uneducated stay away or this will be the same for years to come.

I always said IMG would be the death of rallycross, the WRX series has been appallingly rubbish this year, gone to some awful places and now this.

Hate to say I told you so, and to think initially I was quite excited about them getting involved.
Old 8 Dec 2017, 21:40 (Ref:3785932)   #183
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Unfortunately, I think this will be a success judging by the comments that are on their facebook page. You can get a very good idea of the type of people who this whole pile of crap is being pitched too from looking on there, i.e. people who have little to no interest in rallycross.

There is also a chance it could get a lot worse, the event is being advertised as being a 3 day event, so dose that mean the rx race on all 3 days like the did at Hockenheim and Holjes last year?

The reason i bring this up is because if that turns out to be the case, for your £50 on Saturday you will see a grand total of a practice session, and at most 12 races (this includes RX2) !

I was so looking forward to going to this as i only live half hour down the road and i was telling everyone i know how good this would be, now I'm telling everyone to stay clear of it as its such a rip off. Rant over!
Old 9 Dec 2017, 14:05 (Ref:3786004)   #184
mivec
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
mivec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry folks, Dizzee Rascal, Basement Jaxx dj set and ministry of sound dj set etc... are no crap!
If this was a summer festival they had some great names.

As a rallycross event, they are on the wrong place.
A world RX event should be using Solberg, Doran, Kristoffersson, Loeb etc. for marketing.
Old 9 Dec 2017, 14:19 (Ref:3786005)   #185
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It’s a shame Brands Hatch doesn’t have a rallyx circuit anymore
Old 9 Dec 2017, 15:06 (Ref:3786014)   #186
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Oh not that old chestnut, it will never happen. Palmer doesnt want it, and it wouldn't make him any money, he hates paying for hosting rights and rarely holds any event where he has to. Will never happen, and the track is long gone.

This is being done by Silverstone, not IMG, Brands would probably do the same as they would know that WRX does not get a huge crowd, Lydden used to say they did but perhaps 10 thousand at most, it can just about hold that.

Craig is right, it will be a success, it will appeal to the cretinous masses, you only have to look at the average F1 racegoer to see that. 200 quid a pop to watch that rot

You only have to look how the Classic works, the vast majority of people who go to that are not even slightly interested in the racing, the old cars yes, but mainly music and stalls etc. And they pay a premium, a sort of council house Goodwood.

The British public are easily pleased, sadly rallycross has been drawn in

Well I say rallycross, WRX is about as far away from what rallycross should be, so from my point of view i couldn't care less, I haven't been to Lydden WRX for a year so and not to finals day for 10 years due to to crap supports and would never dream of going here.

They don't want us there, that is clear. But sadly if it works, Lydden will never be back, nor will anywhere else. IMG have no sense of history and would rather go to who pays the most
Old 10 Dec 2017, 10:12 (Ref:3786115)   #187
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Firstly no the music acts are not crap but neither are they headline acts, dj sets are usually found in a dance tent or used to fill gaps, not headline acts on main stage.

They may well sell tickets and some may even go and watch the little racing there will be but its new and people are naive. Many a festival etc has sold out in its first year then struggled afterwards before quietly disappearing.

Reading the music press they feel the festival bubble has or is about to burst, unfortunately the same maybe true of WRX until it goes electric. At least 2 of the European catagories are still strong but of course Silverstone don't have those.
Old 10 Dec 2017, 10:57 (Ref:3786119)   #188
mivec
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
mivec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From 2019 on i see WRX and ERX races on other tracks.
This could be good for Lydden and ERX, ERX has very little coverage at the moment.
Good races most of the time, hard to find any video online.
Or is it just me looking at the wrong place?

ERX has to get out of the WRX shadow to survive, a lot of drivers, top cars, good racing... there it stops.
Old 10 Dec 2017, 11:53 (Ref:3786122)   #189
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
AS has been said before, you can buy ERX from IMG if you want.

Cost would probably be 2 mill or more

Good luck, they know exactly what theya re doing, blame the commission for selling everything to them lock stock and barrel!!!