Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Where will Richie Stanaway drive in 2018?
prodrive full time VASC seat 16 55.17%
prodrive enduros VASC seat 1 3.45%
prodrive Super2 seat 1 3.45%
LDM VASC seat 6 20.69%
LDM Super2 seat 0 0%
prodrive SuperUte 1 3.45%
Nowhere at all.... 4 13.79%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14 Apr 2018, 11:19 (Ref:3815412)   #101
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Some cash might be even handier...
Absolutely.
Allegedly discounting long time existing deals as recently as this year perhaps because of a distinct lack of alternatives, and hanging around the garages in Adelaide hoping Castrol would take title sponsorship of #56 doesn’t send the market great signals, nor the bank managers...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 14 Apr 2018, 11:47 (Ref:3815415)   #102
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There are some wonderful rumours belting around about this team at the moment, including where their drivers will end up in 2019 despite existing contracts...

Or even where their RECs could end up.
Old 25 Apr 2018, 01:19 (Ref:3817259)   #103
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
There are some wonderful rumours belting around about this team at the moment, including where their drivers will end up in 2019 despite existing contracts...

Or even where their RECs could end up.
Some rumours and not all good.
Old 7 Aug 2018, 01:29 (Ref:3841975)   #104
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Never knew Stanaway was a big fan of the TOCA games back in the day. Interesting read.

Quote:
"It all started about 20 years or so ago playing car racing games on PS1. Gran Turismo, Need for Speed etc. Naturally, I purchased a wheel and pedal set which I can only imagine must have surely been one of Fanatec’s first ever products in that line of hardware," Stanaway said.

"When Codemasters created V8 Supercars: Race Driver for the PS2 it really set off my passion for gaming and heavily exposed me to the world of motorsport and was probably one of the most significant influences on my career choice. It's a surreal thought that a lot of the cars and tracks I played as an 11-year old kid I was fortunate enough to experience in reality later in life."
https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/08/ho...-v8-supercars/
Old 7 Aug 2018, 04:43 (Ref:3841989)   #105
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So SMP was a track where Richie had raced (recently) and he didn't do much.
Old 7 Aug 2018, 05:54 (Ref:3841994)   #106
Joshua Anderson
Rookie

Australia
Joshua Anderson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
So SMP was a track where Richie had raced (recently) and he didn't do much.
That car is massively underfunded mate. No go fast bits. The guy can steer, he was right up the front of Super2 on debut....
Old 7 Aug 2018, 07:52 (Ref:3842013)   #107
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Anderson View Post
That car is massively underfunded mate. No go fast bits. The guy can steer, he was right up the front of Super2 on debut....
Super2 is a little bit different to the main series....

Who is it up to to find the $$$ to fund the car adequately then if the go-fast bits aren't on it?? I'm sure that Richie Stanaway didn't give up a factory Sportscar drive to come to Australia and race a car that isn't getting the latest bits compared to his team mate??

Given the effort Tickford went to to get him in that seat, I find it hard to believe they wouldn't be giving him the same gear that the other three cars have
Old 7 Aug 2018, 09:35 (Ref:3842030)   #108
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well they're not going to tell that to his face are they?
Old 7 Aug 2018, 10:48 (Ref:3842043)   #109
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Like Simona...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 28 Aug 2018, 03:21 (Ref:3846647)   #110
champcarman
Veteran

Quote:
Was there much to beat in Super 2 last year?

The 2017 Champion is not exactly setting the Supercars world on fire this year!

That weekend at SMP was a poor indicater because drivers saved their tyres for different races and Richie used his for the race he won.

Brighty basically was removed from this Team at the end of last year because the "Team" felt he was not performing.

But Richie is supposedly a star of the future!
Old 4 Sep 2018, 02:00 (Ref:3848022)   #111
naca
Racer

naca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is rabble.club? I type in their address and get taken to a Instagram page. Their number is just a mobile that doesn't answer. How are they making money and what are their aims? Seems a bit fishy to me.
Old 4 Sep 2018, 03:29 (Ref:3848041)   #112
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe it's the ICS Smart Card of the fitness world?

It seems like its a website and an app. That can afford to sponsor a Supercar...

http://www.rabble.club/
Old 4 Sep 2018, 03:59 (Ref:3848044)   #113
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

It seems like its a website and an app. That can afford to sponsor a Supercar...

And that site is poorly designed IMO
Old 4 Sep 2018, 08:56 (Ref:3848088)   #114
champcarman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
And that site is poorly designed IMO
Just like the Tickford Supercar! Seems like a marriage made in heaven.
Old 5 Sep 2018, 00:43 (Ref:3848251)   #115
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

And their "ambassador" recently got carried out of Kylie Jenner's 21st, face down on an ambo stretcher, after partying a little too hard
Old 5 Sep 2018, 02:16 (Ref:3848258)   #116
champcarman
Veteran

Quote:
And because of the brilliant performances from that car this year Frosty has decided he wanted it back!
Old 7 Mar 2019, 23:16 (Ref:3889024)   #117
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And now for some training at the Dude Ranch Here
Old 8 Mar 2019, 00:48 (Ref:3889033)   #118
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
And now for some training at the Dude Ranch Here
Old 8 Mar 2019, 03:09 (Ref:3889049)   #119
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Maybe he really DID need that season in Super2 (being coached by Mr Morris) after all?
Old 8 Mar 2019, 09:03 (Ref:3889085)   #120
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hopefully not coached in ego...
Old 10 Mar 2019, 00:58 (Ref:3889395)   #121
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Hopefully not coached in ego...
Richie could do with a bit of ego.
His persona doesnt seem much "as yet"
Old 17 Mar 2019, 01:46 (Ref:3891198)   #122
Mixer
Veteran

Starting to look like Richie could do with a year or two in the Super2 series:

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/03/17...eYyg1OWgKBRPWA

When was the last time somebody was excluded from a race for contact?

Pretty funny how GRM demanded the investigation. They obviously didn't watch the in car footage from their own brilliant driver!

Richie is fast no doubt but he has no self-control. GRM have put him in a position with 2 rookies in a team and I am not sure he will last the season.
Old 17 Mar 2019, 08:06 (Ref:3891285)   #123
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The team brander has his back...

And slings off at the team’s former pilot in the process

#winning
Old 17 Mar 2019, 08:25 (Ref:3891291)   #124
Mixer
Veteran

If Adderton wants fans he should try not stoking that fire.

If he wants to create a bad boy persona like Verstappen someone might suggest we look for some results first.

It isn't a good look.
Old 17 Mar 2019, 08:26 (Ref:3891292)   #125
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you want a Verstappen / Ricciardo team dynamic. Then you need to start with Verstappen / Ricciardo type talent.....

Jones jnr was sporting a Boost cap in an interview this arvo. New for the weekend, or existing sponsorship?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Driver TBA; 17 Mar 2019 at 08:32.