Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Jul 2011, 07:52 (Ref:2926941)   #26
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
I would expect they have more than one set and just change the packs when its in the pits.

I would be amazed if the tech is at a stage where an all electric car could run in the main race and set a realistic pace. If it is good luck to them and it will bring more variety to the race.
Actually I don't think pace is the problem, it is re-charging the batteries during the race that's the big difficulty. Many have seen how fast the Tesla can go, particularly when it is accelerating.

If they are allowed to change the packs, then the diesel/petrol teams will ask to be able to change the tanks, won't they?
Old 15 Jul 2011, 08:51 (Ref:2926965)   #27
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa View Post
If they are allowed to change the packs, then the diesel/petrol teams will ask to be able to change the tanks, won't they?
Not if they are in the 56th pit. They can do what they want within reason.
Old 15 Jul 2011, 09:10 (Ref:2926978)   #28
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even if they competed against the LMP cars they'd probably be given a minimum time to be in the pits to even it out, something like the same amount of time it takes a petrol P car to refuel to swap the batteries out (if they do actually go that route).
Old 15 Jul 2011, 09:44 (Ref:2926991)   #29
Javi
Veteran

Javi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
Even if they competed against the LMP cars they'd probably be given a minimum time to be in the pits to even it out, something like the same amount of time it takes a petrol P car to refuel to swap the batteries out (if they do actually go that route).
I don´t know if there´s anything in the regulations preventing a team from changing a battery. What could be is a limitation in the maximum number of mechanics working in the pìtlane. But if they put the car inside the box, they can do whatever they want, i guess...

If Drayson and Lola come with a car that needs no refuelling and that saves time in pits, good for them... You can not stop innovation. Didn´t Audi get an real fuel consumption and torque advantage with the diesel in 2006??? Same applies to electric power...
Old 16 Jul 2011, 04:42 (Ref:2927312)   #30
F50GTPlus
Rookie

F50GTPlus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This seems to be the standard as far as EV prototypes go... hopefully the Drayson Lola will have a bit more pace

http://green.autoblog.com/2011/07/05...-tt-breaks-ow/

The Kleenspeed ran a 1.38:858 at Laguna Seca about 20 seconds off of the RS Spyder's 1.10:528 comparable lap time
Old 1 Aug 2011, 15:33 (Ref:2934557)   #31
cdsvg
Racer

Australia
cdsvg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This may have already been posted elsewhere (saw it on Mariantic):

http://www.fox44now.com/story/151476...cle-motorsport

So the idea is the car charges itself as it is on track through transmitters buried under the track surface. Full-scale scalextrics! Sounds pretty mad, but I would be very impressed to see them pull it off.
Old 1 Aug 2011, 16:00 (Ref:2934572)   #32
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where are they building there own track to then? i cant see any track letting them dig up the track surface to lay the transmitters and cables for some tree huggers 1 off project.
Old 1 Aug 2011, 16:08 (Ref:2934575)   #33
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
I really hope Cocker isnt stuck and finds a good ride in sports car racing, or even open wheel, because what a great talent he is.
It seems that Cocker is stuck as he has not raced at all this year as far as I know, assuming you don't count the Autosport/D Brabham Karting race!

The comment from Dan Friel warrants either an explanation or an apology to a very determined and tallented young man
Old 1 Aug 2011, 17:21 (Ref:2934606)   #34
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Where are they building there own track to then? i cant see any track letting them dig up the track surface to lay the transmitters and cables for some tree huggers 1 off project.
I am guessing that there may be some kind of tape they can put down on the track that has the charging wiring in it. If they had to tear up a track to bury something beneath what's the point?
Old 8 Sep 2011, 09:19 (Ref:2952564)   #35
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Meanwhile, 30 miles away in the Rockingham Concrete Bowl...
http://www.lola-group.com/newsstory.asp?NewsId=358
http://www.lola-group.com/newsstory.asp?NewsId=359

The future's bright. The future's GREEN. Just so long as it can make SOME sort of interesting noise...
Old 8 Sep 2011, 10:01 (Ref:2952583)   #36
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ugh. Not more electric crap!
Old 8 Sep 2011, 10:15 (Ref:2952589)   #37
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Like I said, So Long As It Makes Some Interesting Noise...
Old 8 Sep 2011, 10:18 (Ref:2952591)   #38
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Yeah but I can't help thonk that there's a freakin battery under the bonnet.
Old 8 Sep 2011, 12:05 (Ref:2952656)   #39
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsandmotorracing View Post
Ugh. Not more electric crap!
Actually not, technically it's very interesting. Wouldn't want to see it at LM of course, but still it is some part of the future of road and race cars.
Old 8 Sep 2011, 12:17 (Ref:2952665)   #40
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
Actually not, technically it's very interesting. Wouldn't want to see it at LM of course, but still it is some part of the future of road and race cars.
I don't care how interesting it is, it's still electric. And if it is the future of road cars, then I don't belive it. People will get ****ed waiting 12 hours to charge them.
Old 8 Sep 2011, 12:20 (Ref:2952670)   #41
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsandmotorracing View Post
I don't care how interesting it is, it's still electric. And if it is the future of road cars, then I don't belive it. People will get ****ed waiting 12 hours to charge them.
They're also developing methods for wireless charging for that car... charging on the go then, not stopping for hours to recharge. See the last technology partner for that project, a company which is doing research into this technology.
Old 8 Sep 2011, 12:43 (Ref:2952690)   #42
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The last 7 posts on this thread have been moved ftom the Silverstone thread.