Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 11 May 2013, 19:30 (Ref:3245839)   #1
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Are you serious

Just thought I would mention that in the spirit of passing on good news I just had a look to see how much tickets were for Goodwood this year

Was a little surprised to see they were £85

ON A BLOODY FRIDAY!

Now I know times are tight, but Jesus Christ that is simply inhumane.
Old 12 May 2013, 14:35 (Ref:3246218)   #2
sublimao
Rookie

Italy
Alassio Italian Riviera
sublimao should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You totally right sir !
Le Mans costs EU 70.00 just entrance plus grandstand.
Monaco GP keeps same astronomical prices of last year, on Thursday practice costs EU 70.00 !
As far we can see the top races keep more or less the same pace which
is out of time especially during this endless crisis, on top of that meals, transport and hotel do not drop either. I'm surprise to see full grandstands on today Spanish GP. Last year after many years in blanc I went to several race meetings including Monaco Historique, Le Mans Classic, Montmelo Classic, twice at Monza, Paul Ricard but this year I take another rest, but I'm afraid the things will not improve until the sad speculation is at this level.
Old 12 May 2013, 14:51 (Ref:3246227)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't mention Le Mans to chunder......

The best value you'll find anywhere.....
Old 12 May 2013, 15:26 (Ref:3246255)   #4
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Don't mention Le Mans to chunder......

The best value you'll find anywhere.....
I know!!! When I heard I got grandstand seats for that cheap I was like "you're joking, right?" Simply amazing... I don't know how they do it.
Old 12 May 2013, 20:07 (Ref:3246395)   #5
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't think Le Mans is overly expensive really

When you consider you are there for a long time!

But 85 quid to watch some rich and famous people usually plod up some blokes drive!

Now that is just a little ridiculous!
Old 12 May 2013, 20:10 (Ref:3246396)   #6
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
When you see the facilities at La Sarthe you might realise how they do it.

As for Goodwood, one has an awfully expensive house and estate to upkeep!
Old 12 May 2013, 20:28 (Ref:3246404)   #7
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Just thought I would mention that in the spirit of passing on good news I just had a look to see how much tickets were for Goodwood this year

Was a little surprised to see they were £85

ON A BLOODY FRIDAY!

Now I know times are tight, but Jesus Christ that is simply inhumane.
It's £41 for the Friday, they ve changed their website and the first page is packages, you need to click on the "tickets" tab

£85 is entrance, grandstand and voucher for programme.

That same weekend Lydden looks promising with the Pickups, which used to first class in the old eurocar package days.

And the proposed Historic Hot Rods vs Retro Rallycross.

Even cheaper there is the Grand Prix of the Sea at Eastbourne for P1 powerboats, which is free to view (though you may have to pay to park the car)
Old 12 May 2013, 21:14 (Ref:3246419)   #8
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Ahah

I see, I did try and click a few buttons Stehen

IN which case mdos, could you delete this thread or close it?

Thanks
Old 13 May 2013, 05:11 (Ref:3246535)   #9
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GP at Nurburgring 89 Euros.
Old 13 May 2013, 07:35 (Ref:3246578)   #10
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Well if I lived there sir I would go!
Old 13 May 2013, 08:30 (Ref:3246598)   #11
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Indy500 is only $85 for a grandstand seat at Turn 1. Bargain.
Old 13 May 2013, 08:54 (Ref:3246603)   #12
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Exactly, not quite suer I could cope with watchin the INdy 500 these days, but there is so much other stuff to do there its worth it for the history and atmos alone.

And I was wrong, you can go and watch Goodwood for under 60 quid and its only 40 quid on the Friday which I might pop along to.

But still, when you compare it to other events, we in the UK are being fleeced

As for Germany terry, if I lived where you do I woudl ahve little need to watch motorsport anywhere else in the world! BGut then again familiarity might breed contempt, so I like being able to go there, revel in it and look forward to next time.

Let's hope it is still there forever!
Old 13 May 2013, 12:23 (Ref:3246702)   #13
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
GP at Nurburgring 89 Euros.
that place is spectacularly good value. witness my 99 euro first corner weekend grandstand ticket there a few years ago

the ring will cost you a maximum of 100€ in fuel for a diesel, and 50€ return for a ferry plus they do weekend camping for about €40-50 - i think that was for the pitch. split that between a bunch of you and it's a pretty cheap weekend for f1 in europe. from calais it's about 4 hours.

people have such little imagination...

ps. to be fair to monaco, in past years the secteur rocher has been free of charge on thursday, letting those who can't afford the weekend and are local in particular have a look at f1. there was a near revolution last year when they wouldn't open it. hopefully the same thing won't happen this year. before then you could see f1 practice and a gp2 race for nothing, get a saturday flight back to the uk and watch the race on telly on sunday.

Last edited by bella; 13 May 2013 at 12:29.
Old 13 May 2013, 15:43 (Ref:3246785)   #14
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
4 hrs???????? On a bike?
Old 13 May 2013, 15:46 (Ref:3246787)   #15
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
4 hrs???????? On a bike? But you are right,classic Circuit like Nuerburg where,if your in the right place,you can actually see a lot me than just one or two corners! If you live close enough,it doesn't cost anything.
Old 13 May 2013, 18:26 (Ref:3246863)   #16
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
what can i say, i usually cut it fine on the ferry crossing times and i use dunkerque
Old 14 May 2013, 21:41 (Ref:3247540)   #17
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
ps. to be fair to monaco, in past years the secteur rocher has been free of charge on thursday, letting those who can't afford the weekend and are local in particular have a look at f1. there was a near revolution last year when they wouldn't open it. hopefully the same thing won't happen this year. before then you could see f1 practice and a gp2 race for nothing, get a saturday flight back to the uk and watch the race on telly on sunday.
what happens on the Friday, there is a Porsche qualifying and a GP2 race listed, but no tickets advertised for sale.

Is it free and do they open the grandstands?
Old 15 May 2013, 11:28 (Ref:3247793)   #18
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
yeah, the grandstands are open and free of charge to sit in. you really need to know how to get access to them already though, the fire-breathing jobsworth is alive and well at monaco. they tend to use a live track as an excuse to stop you getting round to them because the access routes are a bit hairy. i always get up too late, miss the train and end up back on the secteur rocher for the gp2 if you get there in good time you can grab a seat in the grandstand on the outside of the final corner which is really good for being dead close to the cars.

last year there was a gp3 race but since they're not invited this year it's just the porsches and the gp2. about an hour or so after the gp2 guys are done they open the track to traffic and pedestrians and there's a pitlane walkabout for 3 day grandstand ticket holders at about 2pm.
Old 15 May 2013, 12:02 (Ref:3247799)   #19
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
When you see the facilities at La Sarthe you might realise how they do it.
The facilities have come on leaps and bounds in recent years. In all honesty, most of the toilets at the track are as clean or cleaner than Silverstone, it's just a shame there's not enough of them.

Toilets on camp sites are proper flushing, seated, white and citrus-fragranced these days. Makes you wonder what on earth music festival organisers are playing at when you pay £200 for a ticket and the toilets would probably have repulsed a 12th century peasant.

Both Goodwoods are expensive though. We went one year as a whole family of four...then I turned 12, and had to pay full adult price! With the dressing up, it's prohibitively expensive.

As for the Festival of Speed, the Cholmondeley Pageant of Power represents much better value for money (and Top Gear mag are offering free tickets...if you live in the North West and aren't going to Le Mans the week after, you have no excuse)
Old 15 May 2013, 12:45 (Ref:3247832)   #20
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i can tell you're not a girl! the ladies bogs still left a bit to be desired at le mans, for example broken locks, loo roll everywhere, just things that could have been dealt with simply by checking them more often.

for women spectators outside of the paddock area most european circuits have a lot to do. we in the uk have a lot more respect for the fact that ladies do go to motorsport events, and really do deserve clean, friendly toilet facilities. i won't go to spa or monza during the f1 races without some sort of privileged access mostly because the bathroom facilities out in the spectator areas are absolutely grim.
Old 15 May 2013, 12:50 (Ref:3247838)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can't speak for the ladies, of course, but the loos at Le Mans are an improvement beyond compare over what they were like in the 80's and 90's. In those days it was into the trees with your own loo roll....
Old 15 May 2013, 13:22 (Ref:3247854)   #22
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
As for toilets at big music events, Mrs S managed to blag her way into the "stars" toilet block at a big event and said it was another world !!!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 31 May 2013, 14:27 (Ref:3256012)   #23
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
As for the Festival of Speed, the Cholmondeley Pageant of Power represents much better value for money (and Top Gear mag are offering free tickets...if you live in the North West and aren't going to Le Mans the week after, you have no excuse)
what's the offer? Has it closed, rarely get to a newsagents these day, so tend to miss magazine offers. Which day were the tickets valid for?