Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Jun 2002, 08:42 (Ref:320214)   #26
green-blood
Rookie

green-blood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a bit of a review:-

The touring cars were pretty damn impressive, especially the production class that saw 2 BMWs defeated by (shock) front wheel drive Alfa 156s (whata sound) and a couple of buzzy Jap Honda Civics!!! oh and can Muller drive or what!!!

Anyway, the historics had a field brought together mainly by the Aston Martin Owners club, stunning DB4 and DB5 racers with a couple of 70s V8s and a simply gorgeous Vantage Zagato...mmmm these were joined by earth shatteringly loud Mustang and Camaros - one such driven by ex touring car hero Andy Rouse - wha hooooo, mixing it with these beasts was a lightweight E-type, a Lotus Elan, a Lotus Cortina, Anglia and the absolute star of the show a fully prepped Austin A35 - the tinyest wheel base you could imagine, but boy was he having fun, huge slides around the back of the circuit, and the public loved him for it....A bit of crude stopwatch timing showed the top BTCC lap time about 1'46", the quickest Aston a stunning DB5 about 1'58" and the wee A35 at 2'13" - not too bad at all..

A pity about the sunshine and showers, I got a sunburned face and a cold - only in Ireland...

Oh and well done Brazil (come on lads tis a joke!!!)
Old 24 Jun 2002, 15:10 (Ref:320464)   #27
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I WANT AN A35!!!!

The big rumblers are really impressive, but that A35 had everyone cheering for it by the end, and having had a good look round it in the paddock, it was well enough prepped to eat your dinner off! Gorgeous! That orange Aston had amazing singing brakes too, and the tail-out slides it was getting into turn 2 were something else!
Old 24 Jun 2002, 16:23 (Ref:320498)   #28
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
MagnetON took some great pix of the A35 - a fab car with an absolute sweetie of a driver - I'll see if I can get him to post.

I nearly cried when I saw the damaged Sunbeam Tiger though.
Old 24 Jun 2002, 18:21 (Ref:320576)   #29
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Here it is - the car you've all been waiting for...
Attached Thumbnails
02622059.jpg  

Last edited by EvilPumpkin; 24 Jun 2002 at 18:22.
Old 24 Jun 2002, 19:04 (Ref:320600)   #30
Shinners
Racer

Shinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridShinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Myself and WW thought this little car was fab ! Great fun to watch these fantastic cars - the silver Aston Martin, No. 55 (the "James Bond" car) was my favourite though
Old 25 Jun 2002, 03:44 (Ref:320925)   #31
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
just for info.

The Classic Touring Car Racing Club has A35's, Mustangs, Falcons, Capris, Rovers, Anglias, Classics and many other saloon and tourng cars in its four Championships.

Perhaps you could get us an invite to Mondello?
Old 25 Jun 2002, 07:53 (Ref:320998)   #32
Slowcoach
Racer

Slowcoach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
....and just to add to PM's comment there are 2 A35's entered in this weekends Classic Package at Snetterton one of which is running in the 1 hour on Sunday.....
Old 25 Jun 2002, 08:10 (Ref:321013)   #33
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Maisie
That orange Aston had amazing singing brakes too, and the tail-out slides it was getting into turn 2 were something else!
Rumour has it that one of the Astons (and I've been told it was the orange one) did a little bit too much during testing and left some very nice headlamp imprints in the bank at Turn 3, in the same place that Annie T left her mark on Saturday.
Old 25 Jun 2002, 08:29 (Ref:321033)   #34
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
just for info.

The Classic Touring Car Racing Club has A35's, Mustangs, Falcons, Capris, Rovers, Anglias, Classics and many other saloon and tourng cars in its four Championships.

Perhaps you could get us an invite to Mondello?
LOL - I doubt if I could get anyone an invite to the opening of an envelope!

However, I can give you the contact for the Historic class over here and he's probably the best person to contact as we'd LOVE to see you guys!
Class Co-ordinator is Mr. Edmund Cassidy, Green Oak, Kilsallaghan, Co. Dublin, Ireland or email Stephen Boden - bodenste@ie.ibm.com

Don't forget Kirkistown as a potential venue either!
500 MOTOR RACING CLUB OF IRELAND: Mr. Richard Young, Kirkistown Circuit, Rubane Road, Kircubbin, Co.Down BT22 1AU. Phone: 0044 28 42771325 (race days only), Fax: 0044 28 42771894.

Come and play!
Old 25 Jun 2002, 08:35 (Ref:321046)   #35
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks Ms P.

I'll make sure it gets to the necessary peeps.
Old 8 Jul 2002, 05:34 (Ref:329121)   #36
White Knight

Another racing A35
Attached Thumbnails
n10dp135a.jpg  

Old 9 Jul 2002, 02:04 (Ref:329877)   #37
mickj
Racer

mickj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A couple of years ago I say an a35 racing at Phillip Island driven by Graham Hill.
Old 9 Jul 2002, 03:33 (Ref:329897)   #38
White Knight

This one is a recent build, debuting at Wakefield Park earlier this year.
Attached Thumbnails
n05ag30wp02.jpg