Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 8 Nov 2005, 05:02 (Ref:1454918)   #1
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Lavaggi LS1 (merged threads)

I supposed it was posted hundred times before, but as I missed the news, I opened a small thread about the new LS1 built by Giovanni Lavaggi.

The car passed the crash test successfuly, and will enter LMS and other series, even LM if there's an invitation.

The the news is smoked for a long time, I'll delete the thread...
Old 8 Nov 2005, 06:07 (Ref:1454931)   #2
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
It looks like a reworked Dallara to me ..... Hope its not !!! It doesnt even look like a Hybrid to me ?
Old 8 Nov 2005, 06:33 (Ref:1454935)   #3
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OK. Whatever? What is this, everybody building there own LMP cars now? They should have some kind of homoligation.

Anyways, why does every Italian web-site have to have cheesey techno music in the back ground?

My name is Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaarco. I am Maaaaaaaaaaaaaarco from Spaaaaaaaaarco!
Old 8 Nov 2005, 07:52 (Ref:1454954)   #4
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Well , it beats gangster rap mate !!!
Old 8 Nov 2005, 12:01 (Ref:1455120)   #5
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Did he draw it on a bar napkin????

If the thing has been crash tested, wouldn't there be more accurate renderings of it than this???

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 8 Nov 2005, 12:36 (Ref:1455154)   #6
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Theres a picture of it in the wind tunnel, albeit not very clear.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 13:25 (Ref:1455191)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorentina 1
OK. Whatever? What is this, everybody building there own LMP cars now? They should have some kind of homoligation.

Anyways, why does every Italian web-site have to have cheesey techno music in the back ground?

My name is Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaarco. I am Maaaaaaaaaaaaaarco from Spaaaaaaaaarco!

Jeez.

That has to rank as one of the most appallingly designed websites I have ever visited........
Old 8 Nov 2005, 14:29 (Ref:1455239)   #8
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That artist's sketch is missing the secondary rollover structure for the passenger, the raised front splitter, the raised sides...
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 8 Nov 2005, 14:35 (Ref:1455243)   #9
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
That artist's sketch is missing the secondary rollover structure for the passenger, the raised front splitter, the raised sides...
.........so let's not beat around the bush, it is in fact nothing like a new regs LMP1.........!!
Old 8 Nov 2005, 14:40 (Ref:1455246)   #10
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins

anything even remotely resembling the "2nd Seat Space" in shape or size.....

This looks like an SCCA CSR chassis rendering....

Yet this thing has allegedly been crash tested????

BTW...where is the site that you have been referring to....

Old 8 Nov 2005, 14:48 (Ref:1455248)   #11
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
.........so let's not beat around the bush, it is in fact nothing like a new regs LMP1.........!!
Thats why I have a suspicious feeling it is a modified Dallara LMP1 . The nose and rear wing remind me of that , as well as the lower ride height .
Old 8 Nov 2005, 15:16 (Ref:1455265)   #12
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Assuming that is the car, you can make out the long rear endplates and raised front section, which are not on the sketch.

Old 8 Nov 2005, 15:16 (Ref:1455266)   #13
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Disagree, seems they released a rendering of the car as per the LMP900 regulations, i.e. it was all that they had to release. They haven't gotten around to getting someone to sketch the new car and since they already have it in the wind tunnel there is really no reason; they'll be able to release images of the 'tunnel model at some point (one would assume, so why bother with a new rendering?).
Old 8 Nov 2005, 15:22 (Ref:1455270)   #14
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Ha, just checked my inbox and I have a reply from the Director of Sport for the project. He's sent me an image of the windtunnel model (heavily obscured by Lavaggis standing in front of it!) but you can see clearly it is based on current regulations. Will post these up later tonight when I get home from work.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 15:24 (Ref:1455272)   #15
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
boo! not replied to mine!
Old 8 Nov 2005, 15:26 (Ref:1455274)   #16
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
Ya...but doesn't matter, some one else will most certainly post the images before the end of the day (DSC?). So much for the exclusive...
Old 8 Nov 2005, 15:30 (Ref:1455278)   #17
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike
Ha, just checked my inbox and I have a reply from the Director of Sport for the project. He's sent me an image of the windtunnel model (heavily obscured by Lavaggis standing in front of it!) but you can see clearly it is based on current regulations. Will post these up later tonight when I get home from work.

Thanks as always, Mike!!!!

Look forward to seeing the "Lavaggi-Obscured" tunnel model.....

Old 8 Nov 2005, 15:44 (Ref:1455292)   #18
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
windtunnel modell is printed in german "MSa" today. but only a small one, 40% or so
Old 9 Nov 2005, 01:17 (Ref:1455879)   #19
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
Well it took something like 12 hours, but here it is!

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/news.html
Old 9 Nov 2005, 01:52 (Ref:1455896)   #20
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Great stuff MMike! Manufactured in Monaco? Jeepers, the real estate costs in this endevour put them up in Audi budget area, don't they?

robert
Old 9 Nov 2005, 01:58 (Ref:1455902)   #21
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Hey, Giovanni....

How about moving YOU (and your stupid little sign) out of the way?????

We want to see the model....

Old 9 Nov 2005, 02:12 (Ref:1455908)   #22
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt
Hey, Giovanni....

How about moving YOU (and your stupid little sign) out of the way?????

We want to see the model....
Yeah, I got a chuckle out of that too. I mean, he might as well be sitting on it! We get it, you don't want everyone to see it just yet...well, all of it just yet. Clearly enthused though (rightfully).
Old 9 Nov 2005, 03:04 (Ref:1455925)   #23
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Leaning on the model seemed like it may have some effect on repeatability of lift and drag results........
Old 9 Nov 2005, 18:45 (Ref:1456550)   #24
grandprixdiary
Racer

grandprixdiary should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Giovanni Lavaggi is back !?

Anybody else remember Giovanni Lavaggi ? (literal translation - unless any Italian member can prove me -wrong 'Johnny Carwash')
As far as I can remember Giovanni who 'raced' in F1 for Pacific, was a 'gentleman racer' (pay-driver to you and I) but now I read this from Autosport:

Former Grand Prix driver Giovanni Lavaggi has confirmed he will race his own sports car in the Le Mans 24 Hours and the LMES in 2006, subject to entry approval.
Lavaggi, who raced for the Pacific and Minardi teams in 1995 and 1996, has designed the LS1 prototype himself, and the machine will be powered by a six-litre Ford V8 prepared in America by PME.
According to Autosprint magazine, the chassis will have some rather original aerodynamic solutions developed in a wind tunnel in England and has already passed the FIA crash tests.

He designed it himself ? Can anybody tell me more about this man - I really thought he was just a rich guy racing cars, and here is is, a decade later at the cutting edge of sportscars. What next, Aguri Suzuki running a semi-works F1 team ?

Rob
Old 9 Nov 2005, 18:52 (Ref:1456558)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There's a thread on this in the obvious location here..........

Lavaggi