Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 2 Jan 2015, 09:58 (Ref:3489472)   #251
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
mariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Mariantic has created a sub-site for LMP3.
Thanks for the plug Mike!

A couple questions arising from the exercise:

1. the rules say "ELMS will take charge of refuelling the cars in the race (but not tyre changes)" - any suggestions how that will work? Will they run 4 hours without refuelling or will there be a central "filling station" - with queue...

2. Common Parts - from unique suppliers e.g. Shock absorbers except fixations, Battery (lithium), Main Switch box, Safety belt, etc.
Presumably the makers have been agreed as Ginetta have assembled their first car?

There are a few more of these questions.

Anyway - interesting times

Mariantic

Edit: now found this in ELMS 2015 regs. - confused...http://tentenths.com/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif

Refueling Towers
Any competitor entering 2 cars in the LMP3 category or entering 1 car in the LMP2 category as
well as 1 car in the LMP3 category, must use only one refueling tower

Last edited by mariantic; 2 Jan 2015 at 10:09. Reason: New info
Old 2 Jan 2015, 12:38 (Ref:3489493)   #252
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariantic View Post
Thanks for the plug Mike!

Refueling Towers
Any competitor entering 2 cars in the LMP3 category or entering 1 car in the LMP2 category as
well as 1 car in the LMP3 category, must use only one refueling tower
I guess this is a cost control measure? Or else pitlane space?
Old 2 Jan 2015, 14:12 (Ref:3489513)   #253
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
I guess this is a cost control measure? Or else pitlane space?
Space could be an issue this year with all the interest from competitors. Interesting to see how this plays out during the first race as everybody tries to adjust to the new P3 cars and rules.
Old 2 Jan 2015, 14:21 (Ref:3489515)   #254
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its a cost control thing - maybe they could have gone for cans like DTM or Nascar?
Old 2 Jan 2015, 18:08 (Ref:3489559)   #255
TR.
Rookie

United Kingdom
TR. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So then presumably LMP3 is running an SAF45 and not the cheaper ATL option for fuel fill?
Old 2 Jan 2015, 18:33 (Ref:3489565)   #256
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
mariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariantic View Post
"ELMS will take charge of refuelling the cars in the race (but not tyre changes)"
Sorry to quote myself but it was the "ELMS will take charge..." that got my attention initially.

I pictured a filling station at the back of the pits - some of the Gulf State(?) long distance races do that if I recall correctly.

Is this superseded by the fuelling tower rule do you think?

Mariantic
Old 2 Jan 2015, 18:47 (Ref:3489569)   #257
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dubai 24 has a gas station island type thing. Cars are filled by gun pumps like a street car would be.
Old 7 Jan 2015, 05:56 (Ref:3490565)   #258
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/0...-race-car.html

Ave Motorsports and Riley Technologies Announce New LMP3 Race Car
Old 7 Jan 2015, 06:19 (Ref:3490568)   #259
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you think IMSA should adopt P3 into its ranks, perhaps next year? Or wait a little bit longer?
Old 7 Jan 2015, 14:15 (Ref:3490688)   #260
BullMan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcz View Post
Do you think IMSA should adopt P3 into its ranks, perhaps next year? Or wait a little bit longer?
It wouldn't be done until 2017 since they foolishly told LMPC participants their cars would be eligible until then.
Old 7 Jan 2015, 14:46 (Ref:3490699)   #261
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/0...-race-car.html

Ave Motorsports and Riley Technologies Announce New LMP3 Race Car
I wonder what the market is for one of these cars stateside to run in the stated NASA and SCCA series, or as a track day car?

I know Dyson/Caterham sell a lmp style track day car, but I don't know what types of lap times that car can do and if it would be similar to the LMP3.
Old 8 Jan 2015, 18:44 (Ref:3491040)   #262
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You know when Ginetta-Juno spoke of nine cars, I thought it included like track day chassis and whatever else, but at the Autosport show today they said they hope to have all of those 9 cars out for the first race and that there are (hoped to be) 6-7 GJ customers teams in addition to LNT.

So I guess if these all head to Silverstone you'll have
Adess Team 1 - 1x LAS
GJ Team 1 - 2x LNT
GJ Team 2 - 2x SVK by SF
GJ Team 3 - 1x Greaves
GJ Team 4 - 1x RLR/Bolton
GJ Team 5 - 1x Rollcentre
GJ Team 6 - ???
(GJ Team 7 - ???)

Doubt Riley gets there or even cares about non-US market (?) but others unannounced maybe

It's getting rather intriguing, pretty much as much interest already as there was for 2009 FLM, but in non spec formula (assuming Adess/Loeb/Sora and/or others actually do show up to contest GJ armada). Really interested to see how it folds up, even though the likely scenario of these cars being in the same exact performance limbo as the LMPCs since they're scared of speeding up P2 isn't particularly inviting prospect. But still, it's looking good

Btw I love how in that AS show interview today the Bolton dude said he had had zero interest towards motorsport prior getting the university to prepping up this thing, honesty is always nice
Old 8 Jan 2015, 19:09 (Ref:3491055)   #263
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
What does the Ginetta-Juno car cost?
Old 8 Jan 2015, 19:15 (Ref:3491060)   #264
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh and add 1x Lanan to those Ginettas so it's 8 prospected cars from them with X additions. Whether all show up for the same series is another thing

They say they cost 160,000 pounds

Last edited by Deleted; 8 Jan 2015 at 19:20.
Old 8 Jan 2015, 19:15 (Ref:3491061)   #265
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Can't remember where I read it, but apparently LAS are still waiting for someone to actually order their car before they start building it.
Old 8 Jan 2015, 19:37 (Ref:3491066)   #266
Deleted
Veteran

Makes sense...

Though I thought they'd run at least one themselves but maybe not
Old 8 Jan 2015, 21:15 (Ref:3491097)   #267
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, they have orders for more than 9 cars total (LMP3 + track day car). Shame the car wasnt next to the Ginetta girls today ...
Old 8 Jan 2015, 22:52 (Ref:3491127)   #268
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Can't remember where I read it, but apparently LAS are still waiting for someone to actually order their car before they start building it.
I thought Loeb is running one or two cars themself?
Old 9 Jan 2015, 01:13 (Ref:3491155)   #269
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've read sowhere about 15 Ginetta frames, but I can't remember where :/
Old 9 Jan 2015, 09:02 (Ref:3491214)   #270
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcz View Post
I don't think they should adopt the class at all, but I won't be surprised if they do at some point.
Old 9 Jan 2015, 09:03 (Ref:3491215)   #271
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocomics View Post
I've read sowhere about 15 Ginetta frames, but I can't remember where :/
In the DSC interview with Lawrence Tomlinson in August this year
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2014/0...much-more.html
He said, " “We are setting up to build an initial run of 10-15 cars. For one thing it isn’t worth doing fewer than that, and for another I am very confident indeed that we will have demand for that level of build either as sales to race, or as spares. I will be very surprised indeed if we don’t have at least seven cars racing in 2015. Six or seven in ELMS is very doable with every prospect of two or three in Asia too."

Mariantic
Old 15 Jan 2015, 17:03 (Ref:3493100)   #272
Deleted
Veteran

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/0...t-the-nec.html

Riley's P3 track debut expected for late Q3 or early Q4 and they hope to have customers on both sides of the pond. Too many linkup mentions to Riley DPs in this story to my liking but whatever

Also re-confirms that somewhat foolishly LAS is not going to bother running their Adess-whatever cars themselves at all.
Old 15 Jan 2015, 19:19 (Ref:3493126)   #273
BullMan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/0...t-the-nec.html

Riley's P3 track debut expected for late Q3 or early Q4 and they hope to have customers on both sides of the pond. Too many linkup mentions to Riley DPs in this story to my liking but whatever

Also re-confirms that somewhat foolishly LAS is not going to bother running their Adess-whatever cars themselves at all.
When is the last time Riley built a contemporary prototype? 1998 when it was still Riley and Scott?
Old 15 Jan 2015, 23:28 (Ref:3493181)   #274
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At the Autosport show I spoke to a couple of the University of Bolton guys (driver Rob Garofall amongst them) and they were really great.
I really hope they do well.

There's apparently a decent possibility that James Littlejohn (who made an excellent ELMS appearance at Silverstone in 2014) will be driing for them.
I'd hoped he could get a full season LMP2 ride somewhere, but full season LMP3 would be great too.
Old 16 Jan 2015, 04:54 (Ref:3493215)   #275
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
When is the last time Riley built a contemporary prototype? 1998 when it was still Riley and Scott?
Built? Mk.III C, first one is 2001, don't know when the last one was built.
Designed? Mk.XXV was on the table since the start of the new LMP2 rules but who was going to buy a US P2 instead of a Lola when nobody in the US raced P2?

LMP3 cars aren't exactly bleeding edge anyways and Riley has sold a lot of race cars over the years.