Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Jul 2016, 17:58 (Ref:3661511)   #1
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
James Allison leaves Ferrari

Now confirmed: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/125471/technical-chief-allison-parts-with-ferrari

Not a huge surprise, given his family circumstances. Wonder if he will go back to Enstone?
Old 27 Jul 2016, 19:47 (Ref:3661520)   #2
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Cue music....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWqKPWO5T4o
Old 27 Jul 2016, 22:50 (Ref:3661545)   #3
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Internal promotion instead!
Old 28 Jul 2016, 18:12 (Ref:3661673)   #4
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
so lots of stories about the reasons why he left and rumours of greater turmoil within Ferrari...adding to that pot, Ross Brawn may be on his way to the German GP.

doesnt specify if he will be a guest of Merc or Ferrari though.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns34487.html
Old 28 Jul 2016, 18:16 (Ref:3661675)   #5
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Or what about FOM
Old 28 Jul 2016, 18:19 (Ref:3661676)   #6
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
There's a lot of 'claiming' in that article. I don't believe for a moment that Brawn is returning to front-line motorsport, though nostalgia is a disease which seems to affect posters on this forum (and I don't spare myself in that) rather more than the general population. The one thing I can well believe is that Allison's replacement is a temporary one, allowing Ferrari breathing space to find a longer-term, perhaps big-name replacement. But everything else seems to be speculation.
Old 28 Jul 2016, 18:48 (Ref:3661684)   #7
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
haha, yes...lots of 'claiming' going on in that article.

but nostalgia is a thing...for all we know Brawn (if he is even going) is just going to a race because he has fond memories of the place and the sport.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 12:33 (Ref:3662022)   #8
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brawn spotted in Hockenheim.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 13:06 (Ref:3662026)   #9
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
....to attend a Michael Schumacher foundation event.
Old 31 Jul 2016, 15:37 (Ref:3662631)   #10
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Yelling at back markers and not a lot of confidence coming from the pit wall.

There are more deeper issues within the team going on.
Old 31 Jul 2016, 18:39 (Ref:3662664)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well today was not going to help, they have fallen behind Red Bull on the track and radio comments seem to indicate some friction IMHO
Old 31 Jul 2016, 22:13 (Ref:3662720)   #12
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well today was not going to help, they have fallen behind Red Bull on the track and radio comments seem to indicate some friction IMHO
Might be lack of full belief in each other rather than friction but they certainly didn't sound like a team based on those radio messages.

Ferrari certainly aren't the team that they were at the moment and need some work to sort themselves out.
Old 1 Aug 2016, 07:10 (Ref:3662773)   #13
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Ferrari would be as well buying Force India and consuming the ingredients into Ferrari, whilst allowing them to keep the UK facility. The points achieved per dollar spent at FI must make them the most efficient team in F1.
Old 1 Aug 2016, 09:56 (Ref:3662812)   #14
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I really thought James Allison had bought some sort of resurgence to the team, but seems not.

So, Enstone or McLaren then? Will Ferrari enforce gardening leave?
Old 3 Aug 2016, 16:37 (Ref:3663264)   #15
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Arrivabene hinting at adopting a Mclaren style team structure:

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...le-restructure

thinking back i question how successful the approach (often described as design by committee) has been for Mclaren on track.

although given that they are not relying on an outside engine supplier perhaps makes the idea more favourable for Ferrari?

also curious to know if it extends to the corporate side restructuring as Ferrari look for a new operational model post IPO.
Old 21 Apr 2017, 07:41 (Ref:3728120)   #16
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
An article today from Andrew Benson on BBC Sport, and in there is a chapter asking the question 'Is this really James Allison's car?' regarding the 2017 Ferrari SF70H.

I think the paragraph quoted below suggests that it is Allison's baby.
Quote:

The teams knew the fundamentals of the 2017 rules as long ago as the summer of 2015 but the regulations were not finally signed off until early March 2016. At the very least, the fundamental concept of this year's Ferrari - its wheelbase, dimensions, basic aerodynamic philosophy and so on - was done on Allison's watch.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/39647299