Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Nov 2014, 22:21 (Ref:3478007)   #276
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And not a mention of Mr Stone leaving..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 23 Nov 2014, 23:27 (Ref:3478033)   #277
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When you’re asking people for millions of dollars in sponsorship, I suspect it’s significantly harder to paint a picture of forward momentum when the guy who built the (formerly very successful) team and the guy who’s fairly publicly been called upon to head up the hunt for the solution to your biggest issue (engine) is leaving....
Old 24 Nov 2014, 08:38 (Ref:3478126)   #278
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
When you’re asking people for millions of dollars in sponsorship, I suspect it’s significantly harder to paint a picture of forward momentum when the guy who built the (formerly very successful) team and the guy who’s fairly publicly been called upon to head up the hunt for the solution to your biggest issue (engine) is leaving....
Funnily enough, there are stories wandering around the garages at the moment that the engine is now, finally as near as bang on, and that the aero/chassis mix needs some serious love and attention.

Bringing a pay driver into the second seat rather than a driver chosen on ability may well compromise the go forward...
Old 24 Nov 2014, 09:16 (Ref:3478142)   #279
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If that's the case, it's even worse... The new couldn't get the engine to work, so the old jumped in and sorted it.... The new can't get the chassis to work, the old has left the building.......

On a brighter note, even if they replace Holdsworth with someone with a large chequebook and my driving ability, they still have a pretty handy peddler in the other car..... And as A certain young Kiwi in a Volvo proved, you don't need to have a fast team mate to win races.
Old 24 Nov 2014, 11:11 (Ref:3478164)   #280
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Betty at erebus motorsport
Quote:

SOMEDAYS , it is wiser to not read articles, and somedays its better to put your head under a blanket and scream !

Anyway isn't aero about to be 'balanced' again.

If they can sort that, Will can deliver.
Old 24 Nov 2014, 11:48 (Ref:3478172)   #281
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Erebus isnt participating in the 'aero rebalance' though..
Old 24 Nov 2014, 17:25 (Ref:3478273)   #282
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Why not?
Old 24 Nov 2014, 21:50 (Ref:3478375)   #283
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Why not?
I'm guessing dollars and no love from AMG. Which means little chance of improving their performance next year.
Old 2 Dec 2014, 00:08 (Ref:3480909)   #284
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Nongshim To Erebus

Old 2 Dec 2014, 01:00 (Ref:3480916)   #285
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Betty's best bet going forward is to spend the dollars and poach BJR's sponsorship guy. BJR always seem to be able to bring in new sponsors, for seasons in the main game and seemingly at will on a race by race basis in the Dev series. Erebus have been a mishmash of small sponsors at irregular intervals and blank cars
Old 2 Dec 2014, 02:59 (Ref:3480947)   #286
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev Campbell View Post
I think Betty's best bet going forward is to spend the dollars and poach BJR's sponsorship guy. BJR always seem to be able to bring in new sponsors, for seasons in the main game and seemingly at will on a race by race basis in the Dev series. Erebus have been a mishmash of small sponsors at irregular intervals and blank cars
Does Mr K.Jones want to change teams?

The one good thing about Ford leaving, if there is actually a good thing, is that FPR/PRA is going to have to price their deals commercially, and not fill the space paid for already by the factory Ford involvement...

If the industry rate card goes up, everybody wins.

Except Erebus. They seem to be trawling the local food court at Westfields looking for brands to stick on the car...
Old 2 Dec 2014, 03:31 (Ref:3480956)   #287
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The one good thing about Ford leaving, if there is actually a good thing, is that FPR/PRA is going to have to price their deals commercially, and not fill the space paid for already by the factory Ford involvement...
I am worried about this, surely 80% of their prior funding has been coming from Ford, so this is a definite worry.

Mind you maybe they won't look like a horrible mishmash of colours so they'll have that going for them...
Old 2 Dec 2014, 04:27 (Ref:3480961)   #288
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fords outlay had been decreasing almost annually for some time now.
Old 2 Dec 2014, 05:12 (Ref:3480966)   #289
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I note that Frosty is having a cry and insinuating that Ford has had an "unequal" car and hopes that it will be "equal" next year.

Kinda funny that the 888 FG was pretty "equal"
Old 2 Dec 2014, 09:43 (Ref:3481007)   #290
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Kinda funny that the 888 FG was pretty "equal"
equal against a VE, but things have moved on from there, particularly in the aero, which is what FPR have not been happy with. The VF, S60 and E63 (not sure about the Altima) are slipperier than the FG. I remember Frosty getting excited when people were suggesting Ford would homolagate a Mondeo rather than a Falcon, because the frontal area is smaller. Add to that the aluminium bonnet and boot issue, and you have a couple of aspects that add up when tenths can be the difference between pole and mid-field.
Old 2 Dec 2014, 11:54 (Ref:3481033)   #291
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I note that Frosty is having a cry and insinuating that Ford has had an "unequal" car and hopes that it will be "equal" next year.
Since the introduction of the COTF Ford has one Bathurst twice and beat every single Commodore in the field except for 888.

The Falcon isn't the problem. It's the ego of the organic component constantly writing cheques its ass can't cash that is the problem.
Old 3 Dec 2014, 01:17 (Ref:3481287)   #292
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
Since the introduction of the COTF Ford has one Bathurst twice and beat every single Commodore in the field except for 888.

The Falcon isn't the problem. It's the ego of the organic component constantly writing cheques its ass can't cash that is the problem.
Agree - well at least partially.

Winning Bathurst, winning races, being right at the front of the championship against a driver and team who may well be the best the sport has seen - those things indicate that there is no cause for any complaining from FPR about what they have under the rules.

Merely a need to do the job better and rise to the challenge - same thing that HRT need to do as an example.
Old 3 Dec 2014, 02:51 (Ref:3481304)   #293
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Agree - well at least partially.

Winning Bathurst, winning races, being right at the front of the championship against a driver and team who may well be the best the sport has seen - those things indicate that there is no cause for any complaining from FPR about what they have under the rules.

Merely a need to do the job better and rise to the challenge - same thing that HRT need to do as an example.
Exactly. Now stand by and wait to be shunned for our logic.
Old 3 Dec 2014, 02:58 (Ref:3481306)   #294
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikuni View Post
equal against a VE, but things have moved on from there, particularly in the aero, which is what FPR have not been happy with. The VF, S60 and E63 (not sure about the Altima) are slipperier than the FG.
I am actually making the point that Ludo at 888 designed the Blueprint FG, but FPR designed the COTF FG....
Old 3 Dec 2014, 04:20 (Ref:3481319)   #295
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mr Lacroix only designed the aero in the FG. Up til now, FPR haven't done anything on it with regards to homologated parts. All the aero carried straight over onto CotF.

Mind you, they've had plenty of chances to do so, since Triple Eight jumped ship.
Old 28 Dec 2014, 02:30 (Ref:3488183)   #296
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Interesting assessment of Erebus Here

Not too special a response from the CEO when asked directly about MBAuP support...

Odd..
Old 28 Dec 2014, 02:45 (Ref:3488186)   #297
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
The Erebus Way....

Yeah seemed to sidestep answering that elephant in the room. Maybe he doesn't have an answer as discussions may be ongoing or the answer is no and he'd rather not say that even before next year starts. Sponsors probably don't want to hear that the team doesn't have manufacturer support.
Old 29 Dec 2014, 23:01 (Ref:3488511)   #298
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Betty's fed up with people asking her if they will be fine, says it ok and it's a business. Doing ok for a 2yr old team.

Erebus and Nissan say it takes time to switch and get the perforamance. Remember 888 were on pole for their first Holden race, had a one-two and won second race! Won Bathurst in first year too. And was after developing the FG for Ford.
Old 29 Dec 2014, 23:12 (Ref:3488514)   #299
Umai Naa
Veteran

Bare in mind, the 'Holden Motorsport' V8 engine had been around for some time, with a well-trodden development path. Aside from the supposedly defficient aero, the rest of it carried over from the FG program, along with assistance from existing Holden runners, PMM.

With Nissan and Erebus, they're learning and developing the aero, the engines, and the chassis all at once, and from scratch.
Old 29 Dec 2014, 23:16 (Ref:3488515)   #300
mspence
Racer

mspence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Bare in mind, the 'Holden Motorsport' V8 engine had been around for some time, with a well-trodden development path. Aside from the supposedly defficient aero, the rest of it carried over from the FG program, along with assistance from existing Holden runners, PMM.

With Nissan and Erebus, they're learning and developing the aero, the engines, and the chassis all at once, and from scratch.
Yes, and GRM / Volvo is making them both look a little silly.

Reckon Volvo have put in as much money as Erebus or Nissan?

I don't.