Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Apr 2004, 09:08 (Ref:940189)   #1
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Caruso? HRT

I have heard a whisper that Michael Caruso and HYL may have parted company. No word on if there is or isn't a replacement for the next round.
Old 15 Apr 2004, 09:12 (Ref:940193)   #2
pete55
Veteran

Just heard another rumour that a current Carrera Cup runner may be lining up in a Konica Car. Wonder if there is any connection there?
Old 15 Apr 2004, 09:12 (Ref:940194)   #3
CooperS79
Racer

Australia
Wollongong
CooperS79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is a very short press release about this on www.racetime.com.au
Old 15 Apr 2004, 12:24 (Ref:940390)   #4
Vee8
Racer

Vee8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One James Whincup knows Winton better than most, tested earlier this year with the HYL and probably isn't doing anything else this weekend ...
Old 15 Apr 2004, 12:37 (Ref:940406)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nah, its already announced.... Steve Owen has the gig for the weekend
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 15 Apr 2004, 12:52 (Ref:940418)   #6
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good choice to GTR,
Old 15 Apr 2004, 14:25 (Ref:940520)   #7
TBA
Rookie

TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But isn't the idea of HYL to groom young drivers, if so then how can you expect them to be on the podium at each round?
Old 15 Apr 2004, 18:59 (Ref:940776)   #8
pete55
Veteran

Steve Owen should acquit himself well at Winton barring car problems. This could be one of the best races of the year if everything falls into place.
Old 16 Apr 2004, 08:09 (Ref:941239)   #9
moffman
Veteran

moffman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The mail I'm getting suggests that HRT want to bring this program (young lions) inhouse as the cars are buckets of shyte & reflects poorly on their team.Might have been why Mr.Grech advised Mr.Caruso he was doing himself no favors by staying......
Old 16 Apr 2004, 20:57 (Ref:942098)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Caruso has no less than KB advising him in some capacity. KB is no fool, and had he advised against the program, I doubt the driver would have completed it.

I think the interesting part is where some conversations are taken out of context...

... if I wandered up and down the field, I could find 20 opinions on a driver and team, and they would likely be very different to that same opinion if asked publicly.

There are curious forces at work here, in the background, where few people see....

... and if people sign deals with their eyes open, and not live with a hyped up expectation... they wont be disappointed.

What was the old saying... hope for the best, expect the worst, and the reality will be somewhere in between....
Old 17 Apr 2004, 00:34 (Ref:942248)   #11
moffman
Veteran

Aah GTR the driver did not complete the program,hence the thread...
Old 17 Apr 2004, 03:39 (Ref:942275)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
By completed I meant signed the deal in the first place
Old 17 Apr 2004, 07:44 (Ref:942333)   #13
livingdead
Rookie

livingdead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Moffy - you must be kidding yourself if for one second you would have us believe that you are privy to such conversations held between Grech and any driver! I'd lay off the weed - the rest of us live in the real world.
Old 17 Apr 2004, 08:09 (Ref:942345)   #14
moffman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by livingdead
Moffy - you must be kidding yourself if for one second you would have us believe that you are privy to such conversations held between Grech and any driver! I'd lay off the weed - the rest of us live in the real world.
Do drivers live in a different world to the rest of us?Is Grech some sort of messiah?Child I would strongly advise you know what you are talking about, before attacking what I may or may not be privy to......
Old 17 Apr 2004, 08:20 (Ref:942350)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
It isnt consistent with the noise I have heard from inside the red palace, but it doesnt mean it isnt true...
Old 20 Apr 2004, 01:34 (Ref:944922)   #16
Also a Believer
Veteran

Moffman,
I suppose that with his history and success Grech would be one of those that you would listen to if he did advise.

I hope sincerly that Mr Caruso goes onto better things and maybe he should follow the other F3 guys and try and get a drive or test overseas. Seems that our uys are equally competitive in this class in all corners of the world.

Interestingly I wonder what changes where made to the car to make it so fast last weekend, If HRT where to bring the programme in house then I guess we would have to wait and see the results, personally I dont think the team and in particular JF do a bad job...Component failure is exactly that, and 95% inforseeable.
Old 20 Apr 2004, 01:35 (Ref:944925)   #17
Also a Believer
Veteran

unforseeable (need a dictionary) and a better education
Old 20 Apr 2004, 02:16 (Ref:944948)   #18
Big Voice
Racer

Big Voice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
can someone tell me if the HYL drives are paid for or are they free???.
Old 20 Apr 2004, 05:22 (Ref:944991)   #19
Also a Believer
Veteran

Big Voice,

Like most drives in the series the drivers are required to bring along some funds, I have no idea how much or little they need, I believe that the concept is that the divers find sponsors and nurture them hopefully taking them on a successful journey into the big league. The team also does a great job through there front man of keeping their sponsors both large and small abreast of the teams movements and relevant information.....It is true that if we give HYL time we will see them constantly at the front of the pack, we need to remember that they do take on inexperienced drivers as part of the teams ethic.
Old 20 Apr 2004, 06:33 (Ref:945030)   #20
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How much time do you expect they would need, seeing they were formed from a level one team?
Old 20 Apr 2004, 06:47 (Ref:945041)   #21
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rdmdog
How much time do you expect they would need, seeing they were formed from a level one team?
I doubt that you could make to much out of the Level 1 team thing,JFR were struggling in the main league and were not really performing as well as plenty of the other L1 teams,since then they have relocated twice so much of the staff etc would have been lost in the transitian. I don't know what sort of facilitys they have now days or if they just have a corner down at HRT to use???
Walking around the pits on the week end they seemed to be fairly well equiped but not to the same level as say a DJR with quite a few little Level 1 luxuries that other teams don't always have.

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 20 Apr 2004, 07:03 (Ref:945050)   #22
Raceonly
Racer

Australia
Raceonly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Big Voice
can someone tell me if the HYL drives are paid for or are they free???.
Well isn't that the $64,000 question! In short, those of us not directly involved do not know. It is fair to say that many drivers in both Konica and the main series do pay. However, i would imagine that if a team makes contact (targets was the word used) i imagine they will either pay him or give a free ride. But as i said, i have no idea. I asked a mechanic i knew in one of the V8 main series if one of their drivers who was with the team last year, but not this year, was a pay driver, and he did not know. or was not able to say. Generally, the ones that know say nothing, the ones that do not know will tell you all.
Old 20 Apr 2004, 07:26 (Ref:945067)   #23
Also a Believer
Veteran

Raceonly I think that most drivers in the Konica series pay soemthing either in cash or by the introdustion to their sponsors.
Old 20 Apr 2004, 07:33 (Ref:945072)   #24
Raceonly
Racer

Australia
Raceonly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i would go along with that.
Old 20 Apr 2004, 08:57 (Ref:945141)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
If this thread goes on with the same junk as the other, it will be shut down too!
Closed Thread