Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 6 Mar 2009, 09:42 (Ref:2410172)   #451
fasted
Racer

England
fasted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The early Galaxies are OK. Their slightly inadequate brakes and clutches meant Jim Clark was able to harass them in the Lotus Cortina. It is the Mustangs that always look out of place to me, I always thought of them as a GT car,
Old 12 Mar 2009, 18:49 (Ref:2414449)   #452
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Classic web site has finally provided some information, no news of ticket prices yet

http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/index.php
Old 12 Mar 2009, 19:34 (Ref:2414469)   #453
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks for finding that- at least no early alarm calls for us!

Mike
Old 12 Mar 2009, 21:24 (Ref:2414533)   #454
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice race selection (OK, I'm slightly biased, I may be able to do 4 races!)...but.....

......Wow, Santana!!

I presume he won't be playing at the Scarf & Goggles!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
The Classic web site has finally provided some information, no news of ticket prices yet

Old 12 Mar 2009, 22:14 (Ref:2414564)   #455
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Impressed by Timetable.Should be home by noon Saturday!
Old 12 Mar 2009, 23:18 (Ref:2414600)   #456
kjw
Racer

United Kingdom
East Kent
kjw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not impressed with the mini timetable
Old 13 Mar 2009, 06:24 (Ref:2414725)   #457
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Oh No just opened the site and theres a picture of "Muddley". That will bring the crowds.
Old 13 Mar 2009, 07:45 (Ref:2414733)   #458
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw View Post
Not impressed with the mini timetable
but you will be able to race in Carol's race as well and it seems a fairly open secret that Goodwood are having a mini only race so I would say that you are looking good....
Old 13 Mar 2009, 09:16 (Ref:2414772)   #459
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
timetable looks good for U2TC as well now

Santana where great when I saw them in 92 . . . . although he did start prattling on about rainforests after an hour or so which got a bit tedious, If I want politics I'll watch question time.
Old 13 Mar 2009, 12:40 (Ref:2414877)   #460
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Confirmed no big saloons then, I'll have to wait another year to tick that box
Old 13 Mar 2009, 13:45 (Ref:2414924)   #461
Alan Brown
Racer

Alan Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post

Must be hot stuff as the following suggests when I tried to access it at work!!!!!!

"Access denied, the requested page will not be shown.

Reason:
The Websense category "Sex" is filtered.

URL:
http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/index.php"
Old 13 Mar 2009, 13:51 (Ref:2414926)   #462
ford prefect
Racer

United Kingdom
Wellingborough
ford prefect should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Oh No just opened the site and theres a picture of "Muddley". That will bring the crowds.
Yet again the paying public are regarded as a nuisence by racers.

Believe it or not people like to be entertained, and that is the purpose of the festival.

Don't be a snob
Old 13 Mar 2009, 15:21 (Ref:2414970)   #463
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
if purported entry fees are accurate I predict slim grids and slim crowds

or more likely CC companies ****ing themselves laughing at the interest they charge on credit everyones calling on!
Old 13 Mar 2009, 16:15 (Ref:2414989)   #464
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
I would think that Silverstone would have decent grids as it is so much cheaper than a trip to Foreign Parts.The plan is to do Pre War and Pre 63 GT with possibility of Lola in Sat night race.
Old 13 Mar 2009, 16:22 (Ref:2414990)   #465
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford prefect View Post
Yet again the paying public are regarded as a nuisence by racers.

Believe it or not people like to be entertained, and that is the purpose of the festival.

Don't be a snob
Theres now way im a snob. I might have a chip on my shoulder as it looks like none of the cars i run are getting an entry.
Old 13 Mar 2009, 16:37 (Ref:2415000)   #466
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Ian,You must improve your selection of cars and I assume customers!
Old 13 Mar 2009, 16:38 (Ref:2415001)   #467
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Thought there was Historic FJ?
Old 13 Mar 2009, 18:34 (Ref:2415072)   #468
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Is it ?

IF I can get to HOlland/France in the same mileage as Silverstone and the race is 200+ euros less it more than offsets the ferry . . . . we're not all wealthy people and I think historic racing is having its plonker pulled in all directions in my opinion, prices have increased dramatically in the last 5 years, and I don't pay any prep money out, although the team eat and drink a salary

Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
I would think that Silverstone would have decent grids as it is so much cheaper than a trip to Foreign Parts.The plan is to do Pre War and Pre 63 GT with possibility of Lola in Sat night race.
Old 13 Mar 2009, 19:41 (Ref:2415123)   #469
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Theres now way im a snob. I might have a chip on my shoulder as it looks like none of the cars i run are getting an entry.
Elite in pre-63 GT?
Old 13 Mar 2009, 21:49 (Ref:2415203)   #470
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
We have entered the Elite but arnt that hopefull with the responce and Jim's miffed because he is only on the reserve list with the Lotus17 Im exagerating a bit as i will be looking after Juniors but its allways nice to have a drive. If im now classed as a snob maybe i will get an entry to Goodwood.
Old 15 Mar 2009, 12:02 (Ref:2415930)   #471
Philip Venables
Rookie

Australia
Philip Venables should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a chance Ian, you need the right car!
Old 15 Mar 2009, 16:19 (Ref:2416029)   #472
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Thanks Phillip. We have a Keift FJ drummer in the workshop and the owner says i can race her next year if we get an entry.
Old 16 Mar 2009, 11:33 (Ref:2416571)   #473
FMS
Rookie

FMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Less Historic F1 at Classic this year

I remember that there was some debate about this after last years' event but for me the Historic F1 cars were the main reason for going.

Last year was good for me as there was the HGPCA, Masters and FIA Historic F1.

I do appreciate that others would prefer to see less historic F1 but that's my personal preference.

However I see that, of the 3, the FIA Historic F1 will not be there this year so I'm not sure I will be attending.
Old 19 Mar 2009, 19:36 (Ref:2419611)   #474
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am not sure how good the U2TC cars will be on the GP circuit, I have only seen of these races before and it was boring, a 20 minute race would have been enough.

Tags
historic racing, pre '63 gts