Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Feb 2009, 06:15 (Ref:2398302)   #26
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheadon
Yeah on a kart track!
That must be like racing in your bath tub. Crikey. Wonder what the top speed would be?

I like the AGS deal. Cost seems reasonable and they appear to have a nice set up.
Old 16 Feb 2009, 19:06 (Ref:2398629)   #27
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If yr gouing to pass commenst like only 3 laps make sure you add in teh fact that you have had a day at the track had X number of laps in saloon car FFord 1600 and F3 car
If u want more laps in f1 car you can arrange that
If u want more laps in F1 car consider paying £20k to rent f1 car for the day !! that will put it all into perspective
Old 17 Feb 2009, 21:02 (Ref:2399259)   #28
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I was offered a run in a Lotus88 some years ago. Deal was if anything broke i would have to pay so i declined. "lots of trouble usually serios"
Old 17 Feb 2009, 23:04 (Ref:2399320)   #29
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Best thing you could have done
i doubt Mrs Delta would have been happy at selling the house to fix the Lotus!
I never drive cars i cannot afford to either buy before i drive it or afford to fix if i crash it
Old 8 Mar 2009, 10:01 (Ref:2411463)   #30
chrisastley
Rookie

United Kingdom
Telford, Shrops
chrisastley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Everyman Motor Racing do an experience for driving an ex formula 1 (or grand prix if you prefer!!) car...

for £1500 you will arrive at a Hotel the night before your day, have a 4 course meal (for you and a guest) and a pre-experience brief by the senior instructor. After this you will be spoken to by an Ex-Driver (normally Mike Wilds)

On the 2nd day, you have breakfast at the hotel, you will then be transferred to Mallory Park. Another briefing will be given by the senior instructor, one of the instructors will then give you familiarisation laps in a BMW Alpina D3, then you will drive a GT car (Ferrari 360/Lotus Exige/Aston Vantage V8) for 6 laps to show competence of driving at speed around a race circuit. You will then have 7 laps in a Caterham to feel how it is to drive an open car, after this, you will drive a Formula Vauxhall Lotus for 10 laps to get the feel of driving a single seater. Finally you will then drive a Tyrell 019 for 8 laps. Then there is a de-brief and presentation by the senior instructor

Included in the price is a hot lunch for driver and guest, commemorative photo and Formula one experience gift pack and certificate, you will also have a passenger ride for 4 laps in either a Radical or Lotus 2-11 driven by an ex F1 Driver

HTH

Chris A
Old 8 Mar 2009, 10:28 (Ref:2411477)   #31
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have done one of the Everyman events (though not the F1 one) and, based on my one day experience, I was very impressed. The event was very well organised, the people were excellent and for me it is a memory to cherish driving some cars I could never otherwise get my hands on. Lovely sunny day helped too, I guess they probably don't manage to organise that for everyone
Old 8 Mar 2009, 10:31 (Ref:2411481)   #32
chrisastley
Rookie

United Kingdom
Telford, Shrops
chrisastley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which course did you do? and which circuit did you go to?

Chris A
Old 20 Mar 2009, 21:48 (Ref:2420533)   #33
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK bit tight gravity takes you in, getting out again can be the tricky bit when yer jesus shoes get caught under the clutch pedal!