Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 20 Mar 2009, 20:55 (Ref:2420496)   #1
MIGUEL DO VALLE
Rookie

MIGUEL DO VALLE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Racing Rover SD1 3500

hi dear friends
i´m new at this, my first day infact.. i´m looking for any help on building an rover sd1 3500 racing in line with the one´s racing in the 80´s. I live in Portugal and here there are less then an handfull of these cars in private collections. i will be gratefull for any info on enginen tuners in the UK that I can use to build propoer race spec engine, as well as for the car itself..

many thanks guys
yours
Miguel
Old 22 Mar 2009, 07:41 (Ref:2421827)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome, Miguel. I'm sure that some of our posters can point you in the right direction.
Old 23 Mar 2009, 08:15 (Ref:2422490)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome Miguel.

Have a look through this thread. http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81326

Then you might see what the variety was between Group 1 and Group A versions. From there I suspect you'll find a few posters who can assist.

Also I can direct you to Ken Clarke who operates out of Hinckley in Leicestershire. His phone number is +441455 615768. He worked on the competition cars in the TWR days.

Are you building it for the track and if so, where will you race it?
Old 23 Mar 2009, 08:53 (Ref:2422520)   #4
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
We have a good collection of the cars still running with Classic Touring Car Racing Club that Ken Clarke still has involvement with. I think we should have about 5 or 6 maybe more out racing with the club this year so keep an eye on the club site for any snippits, in fact if you log on to the forums and go to media downloads (or uploads can't remember) there is a great bit of in car action footage between father and son Tim and Tony Scott Andrews both in SDi's that is well worth a look, both cars featured have Kens involvement and I believe have in period racing history.