Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Apr 2015, 01:14 (Ref:3527549)   #101
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
3 drivers for 90 minute races. LOL.
Old 16 Apr 2015, 17:03 (Ref:3527998)   #102
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
3 drivers for 90 minute races. LOL.
But two races so total driving time for each driver is around 60 minutes, which is no different to other GT sprint series.
Old 17 Apr 2015, 15:21 (Ref:3528262)   #103
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Qualifying results DMV-GTC at Hockenheim

Looks like the Saleen didn't show up.

Not sure if I'm gonna drive down tomorrow, then. Their field is now basically the same old same old from last year and very heavy on the Porsche Cup cars.
Old 17 Apr 2015, 15:26 (Ref:3528265)   #104
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Aww the Mac and Saleen were the primary reasons to get excited.

Always funny to see Kuismanen on top of anything though lol... that old warhorse of his sure has quaranteed success against non comparable cars during the years!
Old 17 Apr 2015, 15:32 (Ref:3528271)   #105
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Aww the Mac and Saleen were the primary reasons to get excited.

Always funny to see Kuismanen on top of anything though lol... that old warhorse of his sure has quaranteed success against non comparable cars during the years!
I think Kuismannen and his Viper deserve a bit more credit than you usually give them. He acquitted himself quite well in Belcar, back when that was the hottest national GT-series in Europe in the early 2000s, scoring wins and podiums in a field of other Vipers, C5.R-Vettes and professionally built and run turbo Porsches, and usually not on the back of his codrivers (back then usually Karl Hasenbichler) either.

RCS-chassis-history of Pertti's Viper: http://www.racingsportscars.com/chas.../GTSR-C43.html
Old 17 Apr 2015, 15:46 (Ref:3528280)   #106
Deleted
Veteran

Fair enough. My opinion of him may be clouded not only by the GTWC year, where he blamed everything expect himself for being nowhere, but also the national Finnish Rata-SM & Finrace competitions where he turns up with superior machinery to everyone else's usual Cup Porsches and ancient hillbilly cars. And of course wins everything.

I guess the positive thing about is that there is someone rich enough to bring those awesome cars

Last edited by Deleted; 17 Apr 2015 at 15:54.
Old 17 Apr 2015, 16:50 (Ref:3528299)   #107
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Round 1 of French "GT-Tour" series this weekend at Ledenon.

Here's the entry-list:
http://www.gt-tour.fr/wp-content/upl...-10.4.2015.pdf

First weekend with the new 2x90minutes/3-drivers-per-car format.

And despite other plans over the winter still a GT3 only series with no silhouettes, GT-Cup-cars or Midjets. Looks like not many teams had much interest in playing second fiddle to the GT3s.

Still a lot of TBAs on the list, so I guess they'd be lucky to get all of those 19 cars (all of them Audis, Ferraris or Porsches) on the grid.
18 cars in first practise, among them one of the dreaded Midjets...
Old 22 Apr 2015, 18:07 (Ref:3530083)   #108
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I guess it counts as a 'lower league' - the GT Cup has an interesting entry list for Donington Park this weekend:

http://www.msvracing.com/media/1143/...5-26.04.15.pdf

I was planning to go, but the current weather forecast for Sunday is truly dreadful.
Old 22 Apr 2015, 18:21 (Ref:3530087)   #109
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob View Post
I guess it counts as a 'lower league' - the GT Cup has an interesting entry list for Donington Park this weekend:

http://www.msvracing.com/media/1143/...5-26.04.15.pdf

I was planning to go, but the current weather forecast for Sunday is truly dreadful.
Ah, I was wondering when that one would come out.

Good list, a bit light in the top class, but I guess some cars/drivers might be busy with the 24h in Silverstone this weekend. Dreadful scheduling as well!
Old 24 Apr 2015, 11:12 (Ref:3530438)   #110
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Do you know 86/BRZ one-make race?
There are two categories. Clubman series and Professional series.
Tire war is there. Only a market grooved tire is available.
However, an extreme tire is supplied there.
http://gazooracing.com/onemake/86brz/
http://ameblo.jp/nob-taniguchi/entry-12018170481.html
Old 24 Apr 2015, 13:21 (Ref:3530468)   #111
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There's a works Ginetta LMP3 entered in the Britcar 24 Hours this weekend.

I'm too busy with uni work to go unfortunately, and the entry list is a little low at 34. But James Tucker seems to be pushing for prototype entries, which I think would be great. The race desperately needs some momentum though.
Old 24 Apr 2015, 22:55 (Ref:3530617)   #112
Speed-King
Veteran

Another series abandoning the GT3-only format:
http://gtopen.net/article.php?cont=1311

Question is if there'll be any takers for that, though. Those mixed Cup-classes haven't been much of a success anywhere outside Italy.
Old 24 Apr 2015, 23:17 (Ref:3530625)   #113
Deleted
Veteran

I'm sure it'll be a success... ...

It's never technically actually been GT3 only series until now for these two opening weekends by the way. The reason GT2s (and the zombified GT1 Corvette) ultimately died off to dust during last year wasn't because they were "too costly" as Jesús Pareja puts it, it was because in addition to having GT3s in GTS they greedily allowed them into SGT as well, making owning faster upper category vehicle utterly pointless since they are just bopping them together anyway. Now that I look at their 2015 season opener happening this weekend (with another crappy 14 car entry and 50% of them being Ferraris) I also see they've basically wiped off SGT and promoted GTS as top category, which means nothing of course since they're all just GT3s anyway, but also created another GT-AM for GT3s because 'everybody needs to be a winner'. It's fascinating how horribly they managed to mess up this series up in few years time - though in truth the same could have been said of FIA GT.
Old 25 Apr 2015, 01:04 (Ref:3530644)   #114
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I agree with Chiana that having three drivers in a 90 minute race is ridiculous. Unless there are Hollywood or pop music stars in each car.

I disagree with Chiana on the GT Open changes. With 14 entries, they needed another class to fill the grid. It's a pro-am championship, let them have fun driving Ferraris and Porsches.
Old 25 Apr 2015, 01:15 (Ref:3530647)   #115
Deleted
Veteran

What? I didn't say that the onemake/filler class wasn't a good idea, of course you need to come up with some solutions, I - just like Speed-King - don't just have much confidence in it... because of history of one make cars running together. Anyway, there's no harm in having such class, it is something different at least.

The one I referred negatively was this GT-AM, which is secondary GT3 class (like GTS used to be last year when they allowed GT3s into SGT) when in the past they used to manage with one class for one kind of machinery
SGT = GT2
GTS = GT3

But since most series incl the world championship for sportscars are doing that sorta thing now, it's just IGTO jumping to the crowd...
Old 25 Apr 2015, 13:37 (Ref:3530747)   #116
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Another series abandoning the GT3-only format:
http://gtopen.net/article.php?cont=1311

Question is if there'll be any takers for that, though. Those mixed Cup-classes haven't been much of a success anywhere outside Italy.
GT Open was never a GT3 only series.
Besides GT3 it had GT1, GT2 and some exotics (SEAT, Sunred).
Old 25 Apr 2015, 13:59 (Ref:3530748)   #117
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
That point has been covered above. The intent was there, but it didn't match the result.

Anyway the first race (Paul Ricard) is about to start, delayed by 10 minutes owing to the intermittent rain. It'll be something to have in the background while I catch up on RCE at least.
Old 28 Apr 2015, 02:37 (Ref:3531358)   #118
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DMV GTC. The Red Pagani Zonda is fantastic!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq-VAqvjWcM
Old 30 Apr 2015, 20:32 (Ref:3532349)   #119
Speed-King
Veteran

The (formerly "Dutch") Supercar Challenge starts next week at Zolder. There isn't an official entry list yet, but I've distilled one from the promoter's preview:

Quote:
Super GT (7 cars):
2x Volvo V8 Silhouette
1x RaceArt Viper GT3
1x SRT Corvette C6 GTE
1x ProSpeed Porsche (2009 24h Zolder winner with Rudi Penders and Mark Goosens behind the wheel)
2x Mosler MT900

GT (4 cars):
2x Radical RXC
1x Solution F
1x Euser "Marcorelly"

GTB (9 cars):
1x DVB Ferrari 458 Challenge
1x Scud. Monza Ferrari 458 Challenge
2x Backdraft Lambo Gallardo
1x Marcos Mantis
1x Corvette C6 GT4+
1x Mercedes C63 (Herber, ex V8Superstars)
2x Porsche 997 GT3 Cup
So 20 cars in total for the big division... not their biggest field, but at least they have tons of variety....
Old 17 May 2015, 17:46 (Ref:3538628)   #120
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Victory of Pagani and Ferrari in DMV-GTC in OSCHERSLEBEN.
http://www.gt-eins.at/cms/index.php?...10148&Itemid=1
http://www.gt-eins.at/cms/index.php?...10150&Itemid=1
Old 19 May 2015, 06:41 (Ref:3539206)   #121
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Fantastic to see the Pagani still racing. Im guessing its a lot modified from its original FIA/ACO GTS spec, would be interesting to see what mods have been done apart from the obvious stuff such as aero.
Old 19 May 2015, 12:56 (Ref:3539307)   #122
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Fantastic to see the Pagani still racing. Im guessing its a lot modified from its original FIA/ACO GTS spec, would be interesting to see what mods have been done apart from the obvious stuff such as aero.
Yes is fantastic to see the Pagani still racing.
Another Germany category, the STT was racing in Oschersleben too. A Toyota mr2 turbo and a Triumph Dolomite won in the second division.
http://www.gt-eins.at/cms/index.php?...d=19&Itemid=34
Old 21 Jul 2015, 16:24 (Ref:3560060)   #123
Deleted
Veteran

I suddenly remembered that the SRO Ultracar Sports Trophy thing-cup-whatever existed and was supposed to show up this summer for the first time. So I checked and they did have their little display runnings at "Round 1" Paul Ricard last month, and it wasn't a total bust like the Revival Series and alike of the past as 16 cars actually did show up. Models:

Ferrari LaFerrari
Apollo Gumpert
Bugatti Veyron
Aston Martin One-77
Pagani Zonda R
Porsche 918 Spyder
Pagani Huayra
McLaren P1 GTR
Lamborghini Veneno Roadster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2zBwyS8dLQ

Old 28 Jul 2015, 23:21 (Ref:3562052)   #124
Deleted
Veteran

Class 10 cars in DMW-GTC this year (so far):

Hockenheim 1
Chrysler Viper GTS-R GT1
Pagani Zonda GR GT1
Porsche 997 GT2
Porsche 993 GT2
Porsche 997 GT2 (entered only)
Porsche 996 GT2 (entered only)
Saleen S7-R GT1 (entered only)
McLaren F1 GT-R GT1 (entered only but questionable if ever real?)

Ochersleben
Chrysler Viper GTS-R GT1
Pagani Zonda GR GT1
Porsche 996 GT2
Porsche 993 GT2

Red Bull Ring
Chrysler Viper GTS-R GT1
Pagani Zonda GR GT1
Porsche 997 GT2
Porsche 993 GT2

Hockenheim 2
Chrysler Viper GTS-R GT1
Porsche 993 GT2
Ford GT3
Pagani Zonda GR GT1 (entered only)
Ferrari 430 GT3 (entered only)

Hockenheim 3
Chrysler Viper GTS-R GT1
Porsche 993 GT2
Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3

Hasn't quite turned out to be the joyfest with McLaren and Saleen GT1s we had hoped for Pagani appears to have ha exited midway through too

For some reason, even if the header says "Klasse 10 über 5000ccm Gruppe A, H, GT1, GT2" and there is separate "Klasse 8 Gruppe GT3", they've still allowed GT3 cars in C10 later in season. Lamo

Last edited by Deleted; 28 Jul 2015 at 23:30.
Old 29 Jul 2015, 05:25 (Ref:3562092)   #125
Speed-King
Veteran

The Pagani had a pretty bad crash a few rounds ago, but should be back before the end of the year. The Saleen is testing and racing in another series.

As for the GT3 in class 10: that's for drivers that for some reason don't want to run their car as homologated and BoPed...