Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 11 Nov 2015, 13:46 (Ref:3589727)   #26
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Except there is no HSCC Donington Park race at the moment. Shame.
Peter, the dates dikko quotes are for HFF, and not sure if that series attends all HSCC race meetings? Until have complete calendar am keeping an open mind.....

Old 11 Nov 2015, 21:09 (Ref:3589803)   #27
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike
Provisionally the HSCC dates are:

April 16/17 Castle Combe
May 21/22 Silverstone International
June 4/5 Snetterton
June 18/19 Cadwell Park
July 2/3 Brands Hatch Superprix (GP)
August 6/7 Croft
August 27-29 Oulton Park Gold Cup
Sept 24/25 Brands Indy
October 15 Silverstone Finals

Many of the above will be double header events for most of the usual HSCC series.
Old 12 Nov 2015, 08:45 (Ref:3589892)   #28
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
8/9/10 July

Only doing three teams so get in early
Old 12 Nov 2015, 08:45 (Ref:3589893)   #29
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
That's Le Mans Classic,
Old 12 Nov 2015, 11:17 (Ref:3589909)   #30
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
St Marys is A35 Accademy cars only, I believe all the engines come from one place, they're pretty standard and relatively cheap, I guess, and from what I've heard all very very close performance wise. 90BHP +/- 1 expect a train like the mini race a few years back. not my cup of tea.

Spa classic is My No1 Target, Dijon and LMC would be nice too!
Old 12 Nov 2015, 11:41 (Ref:3589913)   #31
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
St Marys is A35 Accademy cars only, I believe all the engines come from one place, they're pretty standard and relatively cheap, I guess, and from what I've heard all very very close performance wise. 90BHP +/- 1 expect a train like the mini race a few years back. not my cup of tea.

Spa classic is My No1 Target, Dijon and LMC would be nice too!
I thought the A35s would be 'Academy' cars, so good news for one A series engine builder, then!

LMC- Sure you can find reference to a Cortina GT competing at Le Mans, just as I can find same for a Gilbern GT!

Hope to be at all 3 of those events, fingers crossed.....
Old 12 Nov 2015, 12:21 (Ref:3589915)   #32
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Pity about VSCC not having Snetterton.

They will have problems unless they decide why the club exists and what are its aims long term . It cannot last based on the needs of those who continue to live in the fifties.
Old 12 Nov 2015, 12:23 (Ref:3589916)   #33
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

What about a 356 in LMC Mr Bell?

No Mogs available?
Old 12 Nov 2015, 14:21 (Ref:3589929)   #34
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Pity about VSCC not having Snetterton.

They will have problems unless they decide why the club exists and what are its aims long term . It cannot last based on the needs of those who continue to live in the fifties.
I raced at VSCC ay Mallory this year every grid was packed ,cant see them having problems, Nice people as well.
Old 12 Nov 2015, 14:30 (Ref:3589931)   #35
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Snetterton was a different story.
Mallory is always full
Old 12 Nov 2015, 16:55 (Ref:3589950)   #36
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I thought that the two years AMOC and VSCC split a weekend at Snetterton between them was good, but that was from a spectator point of view!

Few more big dates-

May 21/22 Pau Historique

Sept 02-04 Zandvoort Historic GP- Doesn't clash with Oulton Park Gold Cup for once!

And in Scandinavia-

May 13-15 Kinnekulle Historic Meeting

July 30/31 Copenhagen Historic GP

Old 12 Nov 2015, 16:58 (Ref:3589953)   #37
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Circuit des Remparts d'Angoulême
16-18 September 2016
Old 12 Nov 2015, 17:40 (Ref:3589957)   #38
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe the Spa Summer Classic meeting will be on the 24, 25 & 26 June.
Old 12 Nov 2015, 19:50 (Ref:3589984)   #39
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Thanks Andrew, I was wondering about that meeting! That's 3 Spa trips provisional then....

Old 12 Nov 2015, 22:24 (Ref:3590013)   #40
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Looking forward to Monaco and then on to Pau .
Old 13 Nov 2015, 07:29 (Ref:3590090)   #41
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Looking forward to Monaco and then on to Pau .
Mmm, Monaco clashes with Spa Classic and Pau with HSCC Silverstone International meeting!
Old 13 Nov 2015, 11:11 (Ref:3590126)   #42
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
We're still 'ageing' our freshly printed 'Autosprout 1962' with a works Tornado on the LeMans grid In all seriousness, we are still investigating an International entry for a 1498 as opposed to the 1340. we're trying to find info on the Tulip Rally at present. It's frustrating that nearly all the cars were 1500's and raced as 1500's but was initially homologated as 1340.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
LMC- Sure you can find reference to a Cortina GT competing at Le Mans, just as I can find same for a Gilbern GT! .
Old 13 Nov 2015, 15:03 (Ref:3590175)   #43
sublimao
Rookie

Italy
Alassio Italian Riviera
sublimao should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2016 Historic Racing Calendar

I hope all the dates once confirmed will be placed on the calendar section of the Tentenths homepage. Thank you and good racing to all.
Old 13 Nov 2015, 17:38 (Ref:3590193)   #44
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by sublimao View Post
I hope all the dates once confirmed will be placed on the calendar section of the Tentenths homepage. Thank you and good racing to all.
That's the plan..... (Historic Racing Calendar, that is. )
Old 13 Nov 2015, 17:41 (Ref:3590195)   #45
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Mmm, Monaco clashes with Spa Classic and Pau with HSCC Silverstone International meeting!
Cest la vie . I've said it before and now I will say it again " there is tooooo much historic motor sport " Someone is gonna loose out
Old 13 Nov 2015, 17:48 (Ref:3590196)   #46
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post

Also I understand that the Donington Historic Festival meeting is over the May bank holiday weekend, 3th April - 2nd May.
Sounds like one heck of a weekend Brian!

Last edited by grantp; 13 Nov 2015 at 17:54.
Old 13 Nov 2015, 17:57 (Ref:3590198)   #47
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Sounds like one heck of a weekend Brian!

Yes - sorry about the typo. Of course it is the 30th April/2nd May
Old 13 Nov 2015, 20:52 (Ref:3590228)   #48
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
Yes - sorry about the typo. Of course it is the 30th April/2nd May

A shame really. Could have been fun ....

Would certainly have kept the restaurants in the village busy.
Old 13 Nov 2015, 20:58 (Ref:3590231)   #49
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

HSCC Finals meeting on 15th Oct 2016 seems to co-exist with a BRSCC meeting on 15/16th Oct on the International circuit. (According to the Porsche Racing boys. http://www.porscheracingdrivers.co.u...nts.php?id=108)

Is that possible with the Silverstone configuration?
Old 13 Nov 2015, 21:42 (Ref:3590237)   #50
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Is that possible with the Silverstone configuration?
Yes. HSCC will use the normal club layout whereas the BRSCC meeting will operate out of the Wing and the circuit will follow the GP configuration until the Loop before taking a short section of infield tarmac before rejoining the GP circuit just before Chapel.