Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 18 May 2008, 12:44 (Ref:2205444)   #26
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
be interesting for the second race seeing as ITV has just said one of the Seats failed the ride height check so will be starting from the back.... Little strange seeing as from earlier posts it seems the same person failed after qualifying....???
Old 18 May 2008, 12:47 (Ref:2205448)   #27
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
be interesting for the second race seeing as ITV has just said one of the Seats failed the ride height check so will be starting from the back....
It was Plato, second time this weekend he's failed ride height. He said they've got an extreme set-up, didn't think it would be an illegal one though!!
Old 18 May 2008, 12:48 (Ref:2205450)   #28
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought that race was quite good, what with the suspence of the battle for second. TOC did really well, class of his own really, Shedden was fast but i think he was pushing just that little too hard.

R2's gonna be good theough. Hope Turkington can get the win cos i think he deserves it. TOC's gonna be strong though, and surely Gio can go stronger than the first race.
Old 18 May 2008, 12:49 (Ref:2205452)   #29
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Starting from the back but still with P3 ballast... ouch.
Old 18 May 2008, 12:58 (Ref:2205459)   #30
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
eh? How come he has to keep the ballast if he's stripped of points and has to start from the back?
Old 18 May 2008, 13:02 (Ref:2205464)   #31
cos
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
eh? How come he has to keep the ballast if he's stripped of points and has to start from the back?
He just does unfortunately. He certainly didn't sound very happy about it... "Rules are rules, but it's stupid!"
Old 18 May 2008, 13:05 (Ref:2205467)   #32
Suze
Veteran

England
I guess then it's more of a penalty to have to keep it. But they're pretty silly to have failed on the same thing twice during the same weekend. Unfortunately my ITV4 seems to be struggling for signal so missed most of the interview!
Old 18 May 2008, 13:36 (Ref:2205502)   #33
cos
Veteran

England
When Neal and Turner went across the grass I swear Ben Edward's voice went out of human hearing range. Well done OC, that last lap puncture for Gio will keeps the championship race nice and tight... OC must be right up there with Gio and Plato now?
edit: indeed, VX drivers are 1-2-3 now.
Old 18 May 2008, 13:41 (Ref:2205508)   #34
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
btcckid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
first time we have seen fab angry-my brother was making a joke saying "i wonder if fab ever gets angry" ...........
Old 18 May 2008, 13:42 (Ref:2205511)   #35
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by cos
When Neal and Turner went across the grass I swear Ben Edward's voice went out of human hearing range. Well done OC, that last lap puncture for Gio will keeps the championship race nice and tight... OC must be right up there with Gio and Plato now?
edit: indeed, VX drivers are 1-2-3 now.
It definitely seems like Neal's playing the team game today. Will he hold some of the field up, if possible, to allow Giovanardi to progress in R3 (Assuming Gio doesn't get the lucky draw).
Old 18 May 2008, 13:48 (Ref:2205516)   #36
cos
Veteran

England
Oh dear, Jamie's interview with Neal just now, that was cringeworthy...
Young master Jordan gets the lucky dip for pole; Shedden or Plato then for race three..?
Old 18 May 2008, 13:54 (Ref:2205521)   #37
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cos
Oh dear, Jamie's interview with Neal just now, that was cringeworthy...
Indeed, whether it was her own error or whether she'd been given duff info, it was painful to watch. Credit to Matt Neal for being a good sport and seeing the funny side!

I'm hoping for a Plato victory in Race 3.
Old 18 May 2008, 14:08 (Ref:2205538)   #38
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jamie has been generally rubbish but that is a new and complete low for her.

The race is that thing with the cars circulating the track you are standing next to dear, try watching it next time yeah?

Ted Kravitz expressing man love for Tom Chilton there.

Last edited by Knowlesy; 18 May 2008 at 14:11.
Old 18 May 2008, 14:13 (Ref:2205540)   #39
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think that Janie's been that bad, and I htink she meant ot ask Neal bwt when he went off with Turner, but said chicane rather than complex, and then got horribly confused. So glad to have Ben Edwards back though.
Old 18 May 2008, 14:17 (Ref:2205545)   #40
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
Originally Posted by stedevil
Were did you find me saying you should only check at the end?!?

here..

Quote:
I must say I much prefer how WTCC is doing this.
I still dont understand what you are refering to. WTCC regulations clearly state that they can check a car at any point they like during an event. There is no difference there to BTCC.

Quote:
The race officials have a good idea of the relative performance of each car in the field and can spot when a laptime looks suspect.
Proper governing implies selecting who to check via randomization, not depending on who you shared a pint with at the pub last week or who ****ed you off the other day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by awrb
I suppose the reason the BTCC does let people have a 'second chance' in qualifying is because there isn't a lot of cheating in the BTCC, so they don't want to come down harsh on a team who made a simple mistake with the car and set it just too low.

And no one wants to see the title race ruined because of a simple mistake by the team. It's like when a car's made to do a drive through because the team wasn't off the grid quick enough, it seems totally unfair to punish the driver.
The issue here isn't that the punishment is too low, problem is that it's completely arbitrary. If you get "caught" at the beginning of a session, you get no punishment at all but can adjust the settings and go out to set a new time. If you get caught too late you end up at the very back of the grid. Same offence, two completely different penalties. How is that in any way fair or equal?

Add to this that apparently according to redshoes that it's purely down to the whim of the officials of how and when to pick out to check... gosh, you better have the right friends in the stweards office....
Old 18 May 2008, 14:21 (Ref:2205548)   #41
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
whats someone done to the porsches - there producing a good race
Old 18 May 2008, 14:25 (Ref:2205549)   #42
tin-top fan
Rookie

England
tin-top fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The issue here isn't that the punishment is too low, problem is that it's completely arbitrary. If you get "caught" at the beginning of a session, you get no punishment at all but can adjust the settings and go out to set a new time. If you get caught too late you end up at the very back of the grid. Same offence, two completely different penalties. How is that in any way fair or equal?
Surely just don't cheat and then there's no need for any punishments?
Old 18 May 2008, 14:33 (Ref:2205553)   #43
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin-top fan
Surely just don't cheat and then there's no need for any punishments?
Thats very cure and naieve of you In a perfect world...
Old 18 May 2008, 14:44 (Ref:2205568)   #44
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt
whats someone done to the porsches - there producing a good race
and thats why i let my brother watch the tv for a bit becasue i thought it was going to be boring
Old 18 May 2008, 14:46 (Ref:2205569)   #45
roachy101
Racer

roachy101 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Plato will probably win round 3 considering the pace the Seat has and that the vauxhalls are a couple of rows back. Though, if he leads, i bet the puncture jinx will hit him like it did with Shedden and Giovanardi
Old 18 May 2008, 15:54 (Ref:2205602)   #46
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Personaly i dont think we will ever see team 48.
Being an ex Roots Racing driver (the lineage is thus Roots racing - Windrush Motorsport - Team 48) I can fully agree - this team wasn't a goer from its inception a few years back - Roots had mileage but the later evolutions of it were a waste of time and the domain of dreamers
Old 18 May 2008, 16:01 (Ref:2205607)   #47
Suze
Veteran

England
shame the puncture / leader curse has struck again......!
Old 18 May 2008, 16:02 (Ref:2205610)   #48
cos
Veteran

England
On exactly the same lap for Shedden too... looks like Jelley's been involved in another incident as well.
Old 18 May 2008, 16:05 (Ref:2205613)   #49
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
WTCC regulations clearly state that they can check a car at any point they like during an event. There is no difference there to BTCC.
So why did you say "I must say I much prefer how WTCC is doing this" if they are doing the same thing?

Menu was sent to the back because he failed a post-qualifying check, the same checks take place in BTCC and the result would have been the same.

Quote:
Proper governing implies selecting who to check via randomization, not depending on who you shared a pint with at the pub last week or who ****ed you off the other day...

Add to this that apparently according to redshoes that it's purely down to the whim of the officials of how and when to pick out to check... gosh, you better have the right friends in the stweards office....
During qualifying drivers are stopped for a weight / height check at random. All cars will be checked at least once but when is at the digression of the officials.

Generally Alan Gow will be at the pit lane entrance checking the timing screens and will check anyone who has just set a quick time. It's got nothing to do with playing favourites and everything to do with using common sense. How is that so difficult for you to grasp?
Old 18 May 2008, 16:12 (Ref:2205620)   #50
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
real sorry for jordan-he made that race for me, guttted he went out
well done to plato and jackson