Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Closed Thread

Old 23 Nov 2005, 00:13 (Ref:1467951)   #76
Adam Ferrington
Racer

Adam Ferrington should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grd 372 021

Rob,

Good to hear of another vintage GRD alive and well.

I have a couple of (snapshot) photos of your car when raced by Pierre-Francois Rousselot in F3. I also have a feeling that it may have been featured in colour on the cover of Autosport at some time in 1972.(will check)

In the next few days I will send you an e-mail with the photos I have, plus a list of the appearances I believe it made in Rousselot's and Passadore's hands.
In the meantime could you send me your e-mail address, as I don't believe Ten-Tenths PMs allow the attachment of photos.

Hope this helps,
Old 22 Dec 2005, 21:49 (Ref:1488953)   #77
Matthew Sturmer
Rookie

Matthew Sturmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adam

I was just flicking through the new Autosport A to Z Motorsport Directory and saw that there was an entry for Classic Team GRD. I wondered if there had been any response from Ekkehard Krause.

Matthew
Old 22 Dec 2005, 23:05 (Ref:1489002)   #78
Adam Ferrington
Racer

Matthew,

No, no response from Classic Team GRD as yet.
I found an alternative address by Googling, so I'll try that after Christmas.
Old 16 Mar 2006, 15:20 (Ref:1550278)   #79
Ekkehard Krause
Rookie

Ekkehard Krause should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello all GRD enthusiasts out there,

I am astonished and delighted to find so many people discussing GRD's history: At the moment unfortunately there are very few occasions surfing in the www on this subject.

Seems someone was trying to contact me (Classic Team GRD)? I am not racing GRD's anymore already since 1998 mainly due to reasons within my profession, but of course still enthusiastic and owning two cars, one being the ex Tim Brise 372 034, which I have bought from Marcus Pye.

Ekkes
Old 16 Mar 2006, 15:26 (Ref:1550282)   #80
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome Ekkes

Allen
Old 16 Mar 2006, 22:59 (Ref:1550638)   #81
Adam Ferrington
Racer

Ekkes,

Welcome - I have sent you an e-mail, re any GRD info you may have.
Old 19 Mar 2006, 08:53 (Ref:1552569)   #82
Ekkehard Krause
Rookie

Ekkehard Krause should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Adam and Allen,

thank you for your welcome. At first I wondered if I should start with: Please find attached with all the official data from GRD. But then I thought you might become a heart attack before I could apologize: no unfortunately I have no official data from GRD at all.

To my knowledge nothing like this exists, at least not anymore. Mike Warner should know, to whom I had no contact myself at all. I asked Peter Denty for this many years ago. I understand he has anything got from Mike Warner there was left.

I think you know - by far - more than I do on GRD's history anyway. What I started with was a list of all persons being involved with GRD, being it employees or customers, drivers et al - trying to collect and beware the history. There was a small article on this in Autosport in the mid 90's. I have had some correspondence with former and current owners, mainly on specific cars.

As well I have been in contact with James W. Bamber. He worked as fabricator/welder from the very beginning at GRD until some point in 1973 and had made some personal notes just for himself. Because of this I managed to be helpful with some details on early GRD's he had worked on. This is what someone obviously meant. If you have any questions concerning a specific - early - car maybe I can be helpful; just ask.

Ekkes

P.S. The other GRD I have is S73 - 054. I know it was raced by Andreas Christopherus from Greece (to my knowledge the drummer of the mid 70's band 'Aphrodite's Child'). But history of this car is still very incomplete: I never managed to find out very much on GRD's sportscar history - not even the number of cars which were really built - mainly because there seems to habe been a huge interest in Japan: I simply cannot read these damn letters!! If you know something on this matter, please help.
Old 19 Mar 2006, 14:45 (Ref:1552754)   #83
Adam Ferrington
Racer

Ekkes,

Thanks for your reply.
Interesting that you have one of the S73 sportscars. I had 054 down as the number of Kazato's 273 F2 car, but it's not the first time that such inconsistencies have appeared.

I have sent you an e-mail with a list of the first (1972/early 73) cars as we know them, in case you can fill in any gaps.
Old 20 Mar 2006, 09:03 (Ref:1553636)   #84
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This thread is now closed following the merging of threads; see here:-

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...14#post1553614
Closed Thread