Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 4 Jan 2013, 08:07 (Ref:3184495)   #51
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigs fly View Post
SORRY ladies and gents i've been away since boxing day, reading all posts since has made me smile and giggle at your antics over there, for those of you who won't drive 2-3hours to a race meeting shows your not really into motor racing. TRY driving 13 hours one way to attend a race.
I would doubt you would drive that far if there was a choice of a nearer one !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 4 Jan 2013, 08:21 (Ref:3184500)   #52
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Pah, you were lucky. I remember when I had to get up two hours before I went to sleep, just so that our dad could beat us within an inch of us lives and then........................... ah I think perhaps I've missed to point.
Old 4 Jan 2013, 08:27 (Ref:3184502)   #53
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
The English Channel proves a psychological barrier to some...............

Not least the French.
Old 4 Jan 2013, 08:28 (Ref:3184503)   #54
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
On a more serious note, we attended Aline Clarke's funeral yesterday. I have to say that these things are usually very solemn. Aline however, insisted that nobody wear black and that there were no prayers (other than personal prayers) and that it should be a celebration of her life.

Not often you can say that a funeral is uplifting, but yesterday was. Condolences to Ken, Hannah, Tim and the rest of Aline's family and friends but she will be remembered fondly.

We met up with many old mates from times past and reckoned we could raise a grid of old gits! Food for thought.
Old 4 Jan 2013, 08:46 (Ref:3184508)   #55
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigs fly View Post
SORRY ladies and gents i've been away since boxing day, reading all posts since has made me smile and giggle at your antics over there, for those of you who won't drive 2-3hours to a race meeting shows your not really into motor racing. TRY driving 13 hours one way to attend a race.

Ever thought of moving?
Old 4 Jan 2013, 10:09 (Ref:3184529)   #56
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
We met up with many old mates from times past and reckoned we could raise a grid of old gits! Food for thought.
I thought that's what the Victor Meldrew was all about?
Old 4 Jan 2013, 10:16 (Ref:3184532)   #57
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Ah yes, very true. Thought it was a good idea.
Old 4 Jan 2013, 11:11 (Ref:3184552)   #58
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I thought that's what the Victor Meldrew was all about?
Pete ain't old enough, just a whippersnapper
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 4 Jan 2013, 11:22 (Ref:3184554)   #59
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I think it's mother had an unwise liason with an off-road buggy, but your question still stands!!!
You wasn't too far off the mark Mike !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrfHHS9TMjM
Of course somebody had to do it, and not a Yank !
Old 4 Jan 2013, 12:14 (Ref:3184566)   #60
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
You wasn't too far off the mark Mike !
Rogered by a Unimog- Ouch!

Victor Meldrew- I do like the thought that middle-aged racers can be told to come back when they are old enough.......

Old 4 Jan 2013, 12:25 (Ref:3184570)   #61
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Wow now we have Lord of the Flies references! A bit too edjumacashonal for this thread.
If I was feeling very deep I would point out that we ARE The Inheritors

But I'm not, so I won't
Old 4 Jan 2013, 13:20 (Ref:3184587)   #62
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has war been declared and I missed it?

I know that footballers have an interesting take on cars but I wonder what 'WO' would have thought to the sight of an (albeit modern day) Bentley painted in camouflage?

https://twitter.com/danroan/status/2.../photo/1/large
Old 4 Jan 2013, 13:25 (Ref:3184588)   #63
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Well at this moment I am at the Almeria test circuit, beautiful day blue sky not a cloud in sight.
I popped up on the off chance that there might be some winter testing of WTC but it's a bike day.
Mostly Germans but a fair few Russians, one of them is very quick on a twin KTM RC8 easily beating a field mostly made up of 4 cylinder bikes !
Old 4 Jan 2013, 13:28 (Ref:3184590)   #64
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Hat doffed to Aline, That's the way it should be! the sending off that is . . .not the geriatric race series

Quote:
On a more serious note, we attended Aline Clarke's funeral yesterday. I have to say that these things are usually very solemn. Aline however, insisted that nobody wear black and that there were no prayers (other than personal prayers) and that it should be a celebration of her life.

Not often you can say that a funeral is uplifting, but yesterday was. Condolences to Ken, Hannah, Tim and the rest of Aline's family and friends but she will be remembered fondly.

Old 4 Jan 2013, 14:16 (Ref:3184598)   #65
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Has war been declared and I missed it?

I know that footballers have an interesting take on cars but I wonder what 'WO' would have thought to the sight of an (albeit modern day) Bentley painted in camouflage?

https://twitter.com/danroan/status/2.../photo/1/large
I wondered that too, also and as well.
Old 4 Jan 2013, 14:27 (Ref:3184601)   #66
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I wondered that too, also and as well.
So sorry, but the difficulty with 'in' jokes is the No. of people whose head is zoomed over.
Old 4 Jan 2013, 14:29 (Ref:3184602)   #67
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
LOL, not sure it is an 'in'joke. Just a turn of phrase.
Old 4 Jan 2013, 15:25 (Ref:3184625)   #68
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
LOL, not sure it is an 'in'joke. Just a turn of phrase.
Ock maybe its just me - probably is! but the reference to 'WO' just goes woosh
Old 4 Jan 2013, 15:33 (Ref:3184628)   #69
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah, in that particular case I think WO would be Walter Owen. Mister Bentley to his staff.
Old 4 Jan 2013, 15:33 (Ref:3184629)   #70
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Theres a nice smart boy! I hope that isn't a shirt though Gordon.
Did you have it done "Because you're worth it"
Old 4 Jan 2013, 16:16 (Ref:3184645)   #71
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMD View Post
Oh right, I thought you meant my response. Yes Walter Owen Bentley. The picture is of a car belonging to that Italian footballer who plays for Manchester something. He has a Bentley painted in camouflage.
Old 4 Jan 2013, 16:26 (Ref:3184650)   #72
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Oh right, I thought you meant my response. Yes Walter Owen Bentley. The picture is of a car belonging to that Italian footballer who plays for Manchester something. He has a Bentley painted in camouflage.

These camouflage paint jobs AND the matte black ones very often turn out to be adhesive foil jobs, in my recent experience
a fraction of the cost and removable

I am actually looking into a foil job for my Citroen CX Prestige, not in camou but in glossy black, to put some prestige back into it.

Rudolf
Old 4 Jan 2013, 16:43 (Ref:3184658)   #73
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, almost certainly wrapped rather than painted.
Old 4 Jan 2013, 17:14 (Ref:3184674)   #74
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
Yes, almost certainly wrapped rather than painted.
"Car wrapping" can be quite impressive. I've recently designed a colour scheme for a Formula Ford which would be virtually impossible to paint so it will be interesting to see how it turns out (if it's ever produced).

Apparently various cars were wrapped in the new film "Rush" to change their look.
Old 4 Jan 2013, 17:16 (Ref:3184676)   #75
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMD View Post
Sam, you are obviously a Rolls-Royce man rather than a fan of those lesser, rather common, Bentley automobiles!

I thought the ball-kicker blokes car pic was a spoof but looking on t'net it would appear that it is real. Not sure camouflage a good idea considering his accident rate. Found bent R8 Audi and Bentley pics also. Perhaps a dayglo hue would be better.....

Maybe a candidate for the celebrity race at Silverstone this July.