Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 26 Jun 2013, 12:48 (Ref:3269997)   #101
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I listened fairly consistently through the night and only remember him having one spell.....
Old 26 Jun 2013, 13:28 (Ref:3270015)   #102
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I listened fairly consistently through the night and only remember him having one spell.....
He did a three hour spell, in a rotation. Same as last year if my memory serves me right, although I'll happily be corrected.

Off the top of my head it went:
Start - Hindy (with Johnny Palmer in the background and taking over after the sad announcement)
Johnny Palmer and Paul Tarsey
Jim Roller and Sam Collins
Hindy
Johnny and Paul
Jim and Sam
Finish - Hindy/Jim

Although now I think about it the J+S and J+P may have been the other way around.
Old 26 Jun 2013, 13:31 (Ref:3270019)   #103
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The looks detailed enough for me - must be right!
Old 26 Jun 2013, 13:33 (Ref:3270022)   #104
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought the Jim/Sam partnership was brilliant to listen to, I really enjoyed them together.
Old 26 Jun 2013, 16:04 (Ref:3270069)   #105
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I also notice that Hindy kept popping in bbc radio 5 live.
Old 26 Jun 2013, 16:18 (Ref:3270078)   #106
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Really? He was doing updates on Five Live?
Old 26 Jun 2013, 16:27 (Ref:3270083)   #107
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
If he was, it wouldn't be the first time......
Old 26 Jun 2013, 16:43 (Ref:3270089)   #108
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I recall hearing someone on RLM (Eve?) saying that the technical crew had done something for this year to reduce the dropouts, and breakthrough of local radio stations onto the 91.2 frequency. It was certainly MUCH better quality this year than last (using the same equipment at my end).

The only thing I regret is that only one of our group was able to snag an RLM radio in the Village on Friday. The rest of us had popped in to see Uli Ehret at his booth and missed the vendor.
keke
Old 27 Jun 2013, 19:00 (Ref:3270753)   #109
hindy
Racer

hindy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhindy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
thanks from all at radio le mans

as ever a big thanks to everyone who listened in and also who gave us their support via the Internet in what was a very difficult year for all of the paddock and indeed all of those associated with the race.

Just to clear up a few things;

thanks for the concern but I did exactly the same shifts as last year - It's a team event and I lnow my style is not everyone's cup of tea - epecially for 24 hours , plus with JP and Roller we have two very experienced and capable brodcasters. Remember its not just about commentating, all the lead announcers are producing, co-ordinating the pits reporters, mixing sound etc... so it's quite a lot to do all at once!

As for the comments about no music - we dropped daytime music at the track some time ago in response to comments from listeners who told us basically "if we wanted to listen to music we'd listen to our iPods" - we can't play music on the Internet for rights reasons but the FM regulations allow it so if it's thought that we should do it we can certainly look at it.

Advertising - just to underline - unlike the days before 2006 when Radio Show Limited took over the running of Radio Le Mans, we don't play the 8 minutes of advertising allowed by French Radio Authority regulations, indeed we don't have any 'spot' ads at all we never have on any of our broadcasts. As enthusisats, breaking away for 3 -4 minutes of ads just seems to interrupt the race too much. So we find other ways of giving our commercial sponsors value. Some of these are in the pre recorded programming we play when there's no track action. We always try to make these shows relevant and interesting, alhough I accept that one man's meat etc, but we do our best. Other ways we give value is through Hourly Updates, weather and other sponsored informaion like timing data, track temps etc. We'd do all this anyway so no-one should have an issue with us getting trackside by using these items.

Remember without a considerable amount of sponsorship we simply couldn't provide the FM service at the track. Taking into account the ACO licence fees, technical costs, travel and accomodation - it's now a VERY considerable sum. Thankfully the Internet helps us reach a huge audience, not just during Le Mans week and so our partnerships are now built on far more than just one race and three partial days of broadcasting as was the case before we took over. Frankly there is now no way that the FM service at the track could exist in isolation. Although ironically it would be far easier and probaly much cheaper, for us just to do the Internet - however before any of you have a heart attack - I'm not suggesting that, just giving you a bit of background. Indeed we do even more live broadcasting than previous years, including once again the ONLY live broadcast from test day, also on 91.2FM at the track in addition to Internet by the way.

In addition to a continued commitment to the FM service at Le Mans for the time that RSL has the licence from the ACO, it remains Radio Show Limited's belief that providing radio, at Le mans or from any of our other events should have a primary service that is;

a)Free at point of listening, either at the track or elsewhere, so no subsciptions no sign up fees

b)Available to all - ie NOT geoblocked or restricted in any way

It's by no means the easiest way to do it commercially and I'm sure there are people who would do it differently but we believe in the democracy of radio as a 'public broadcast' medium in every sense.

Finally thanks to the French Fadio Authority and our 'brilliant' bob Dawson for getting a handle on the issue fo the French station break through we have suffered - off and on - over the last couple of years. i'm not going to say very much here but we wern't doning anything wrong and our transmitter was running well within our licence and technical parameters

Your support and any comments always greatfully received - for those who have already been in touch with our sponsors thank you - it does make a difference, they and by extension we, appeciate it.

next up WEC Brazil! oh joy!

on behalf of the whole team

JH
Old 27 Jun 2013, 19:07 (Ref:3270759)   #110
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks very much John - to you and all at RLM.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 19:37 (Ref:3270784)   #111
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Seconded, and I'd like to also reiterate the thanks that I put to Hindy in person on Friday after the Nissan event. Top man to take the time to talk to us fans when being approached.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 20:01 (Ref:3270818)   #112
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thank you John!, and the whole RLM crew!.
Great to see you in here, hope you will pop in again
Old 27 Jun 2013, 20:17 (Ref:3270841)   #113
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll reiterate the thanks to John and the crew, keep it up, I know I and Simmi would be a little lost without you guys at times during the race.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 20:18 (Ref:3270842)   #114
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
John, none of us could ever thank you guys and girls at Radio Show Ltd enough. To nitpick I think is in our nature sometimes but we're lucky to have you and in my three Le Mans visits I can't even begin to quantify how much RLM has improved my experience and enjoyment.

Keep it up!
Old 27 Jun 2013, 23:58 (Ref:3270956)   #115
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
At risk of it becoming a love in, I'm delighted to add my thanks to all at RLM for all they did this year (and do every year).

I know I've at times expressed a difference of opinion with them, either here, or via other social media channels, but at all times this has been me being a concerned friend expressing a hopefully helpful opinion rather than the throwing of stones. This year however I think we all need to take our hat off to them. The dignity with which they all conducted themselves in what must have been impossible circumstances was humbling, as was the way in which they weren't ashamed to show emotion at the end. In retrospect this shouldn't have been a surprise - they've always rightly worn hearts on sleeves, and long may that continue.

Over the years the podcasts of Le Mans and other races have provided background to long drives around the UK and further afield - and I suspect when, at some point in the future, 2013 rolls around on the playlist I'll have cause to be grateful for how the whole team delivers a great performance.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 07:29 (Ref:3271048)   #116
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Agreed - as one who remembers Le Mans before RLM its value is amazing. This year was imo the best and most focused I have listened to, please keep it up.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 07:41 (Ref:3271051)   #117
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
nothing left to say , but THANK YOU !
Old 28 Jun 2013, 08:33 (Ref:3271071)   #118
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
My thanks to you John and all at RLM great show.

You might want to be aware that the radio signal improved from wednesday so that by the race itself Iwe had no breakthrough from any french stations
Old 28 Jun 2013, 08:43 (Ref:3271075)   #119
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I had no breakthrough at all for the entire week.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 09:42 (Ref:3271112)   #120
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I have a Roberts radio with analogue tuning that was very hard to tune to RLM without hearing breakthrough from a French station.
So I switched to a Nokia phone with digital tuning which held the signal perfectly
Old 28 Jun 2013, 21:36 (Ref:3271391)   #121
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The signal definatly was better compared to 2012, but sitting on GS leonard at times I had a breakthrough.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 23:28 (Ref:3271423)   #122
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Had no issues with either a Microsoft Zune (retro, I know) or Sony portable FM radio. Both held signal perfectly.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 23:48 (Ref:3271424)   #123
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep, another outstanding 'performance' by Hindy and the team, in what was a very difficult year to be a broadcaster. Thank you, and well done!

And, whilst RLM would not be RLM without (for me) Hindy, Bradley and 'The Glue'....all three are very much my 'cup of tea'....I increasingly find myself looking forward to Sam Collins's contributions, which add a fascinating and insightful technical dimension to the coverage...most enjoyable!
Old 29 Jun 2013, 06:48 (Ref:3271505)   #124
chrisgr31
Racer

chrisgr31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
The signal definatly was better compared to 2012, but sitting on GS leonard at times I had a breakthrough.
So did I, in the same Grandstand, and mainly from the circuit radio. I have found over the years that the mobileusing a radio with an analog phone has offered the best way to pick up RLM. This year this year that wasnt possible as the battery life on the smartphone has dropped to 6 hours and it takes hours to recharge in the car, so was using a radio with analogue dial.

However the coverage was good.

Incidentally does anyone know why the commentary booths were down by the Ford Chicane this year?
Old 29 Jun 2013, 07:51 (Ref:3271522)   #125
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgr31 View Post
Incidentally does anyone know why the commentary booths were down by the Ford Chicane this year?
They were there last year too. Was it something to do with hospitality in/around the old perch?