Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 May 2014, 17:15 (Ref:3411396)   #26
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
And what about Mulsanne?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Mulsanne is ok, you can see over the fence there with your camera
agree, but you'll need a long lens
(these with a 400mm)
http://www.zoom-24.com/index.php/pho...0___Oreca_Judd
http://www.zoom-24.com/index.php/pho...he_997_GT3_RSR
http://www.zoom-24.com/index.php/pho...ari_458_Italia
Old 31 May 2014, 13:49 (Ref:3413151)   #27
Remus
Racer

Remus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While on the subject of stands, could someone please tell me how to get to the seats above the pits? Never made it up there on previous visits, and fancy spending some time up there during the night. In the past we have entered stands other than our allotted one - I suppose that is likely to be the case again? Many thanks.
Old 31 May 2014, 17:04 (Ref:3413236)   #28
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remus View Post
While on the subject of stands, could someone please tell me how to get to the seats above the pits? Never made it up there on previous visits, and fancy spending some time up there during the night. In the past we have entered stands other than our allotted one - I suppose that is likely to be the case again? Many thanks.
No chance of getting there without a ticket during the race. The rest of the week though the entrance is next to the lower entrance to the paddock. To the left of it is the Pit entrance next to the Toyota garage and to the left is the lower paddock entry.

Just look for the big steps that lead up to the top.
Old 31 May 2014, 19:38 (Ref:3413322)   #29
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

JoshuaLeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few questions for you all...
  1. Are you able to get into the Paddock at all with General Admission tickets?
  2. When is the best time to go to the Museum?
  3. Any good attractions in Le Mans? Restaurants? Other museums?
  4. Are you able to get onto the track when the track is closed on Friday or any other day? As thinking of walking the track if possible?

Thank you to all who can answer!

Joshua Smith
Old 1 Jun 2014, 08:32 (Ref:3413550)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remus View Post
Thanks for info guys; just to clarify, we have moved from stand to stand during the race before, but is it right therefore that this stand is manned throughout the race so we shouldn't bother going there at night? It looks like there are about 10 hardcore insomniacs in the early hours in there when I've visited!

Secondly, assuming the above is not the case, I really don't know the area that we'll, so could you please be more specific as to how to get there from the main tribunes on the other side? Thanks guys.
Use of the stands is largely free during practice and qually (aside from the ACO and Durand stands which require you to be an ACO member). During the race, all of the stands are marshaled, including T34. Of course, the marshals may have a 'nap' here and there which might allow you to get in, but as I understand it, strictly speaking, during the race, no ticket = no entry. But I stand to be corrected.

To get there, you need to use one of the tunnels at either end of the tribunes or cross over the Dunlop Bridge. You then walk right down the back through the Village (all the shops etc.) and then instead of going into the paddock (you can't ), you walk back along the main hospitality area and there is an entrance there (marshaled) which once through allows you to access all of the stairways that run over the back of the pits and up into the stand. Any area of T34 can be accessed from any one of those stairways.
Old 26 Mar 2015, 17:42 (Ref:3519950)   #31
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
can anyone tell me if the pit walk abouts/autograph sessions are free entry with a normal admission ticket or do you need a pit pass?
You do not need a pit pass. General entry ticket is good enough.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 02:43 (Ref:3532033)   #32
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anyone tell me if scooter karts are allowed at the event . I am a disabled veteran First timer
Old 30 Apr 2015, 07:08 (Ref:3532069)   #33
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have seen them there, yes.

However the surface in some areas is a bit, how shall I put it, rough! Not as bad as it once was though.

If you've got a four wheel drive one then all the better!
Old 7 May 2015, 10:22 (Ref:3535093)   #34
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is at least a specific concrete viewing area for disabled people on the outside of first corner just before Dunlop.
Old 7 May 2015, 23:14 (Ref:3535296)   #35
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Also at Tertre Rouge.
Old 14 Jan 2016, 21:26 (Ref:3604856)   #36
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaLeMans View Post
Does anyone know if there's any plugs to charge your items in the ACO areas. Because as many people are aware it's difficult to keep your phone or tablet charged up because you may use it to take photos or listen to Radio Le Mans.

Plus how many areas does the ACO have for you to watch the race from. Is it just the one near Dunlop Bridge.
Just the one at the esses/dunlop bridge. There is also a ACO grandstand, where there is available power plugs, but then you need a grandstand ticket for the grandstand.
Old 16 Jan 2016, 16:31 (Ref:3605366)   #37
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Just the one at the esses/dunlop bridge. There is also a ACO grandstand, where there is available power plugs, but then you need a grandstand ticket for the grandstand.
ACO members don't need a grandstand ticket to get to the restaurant where the power points are.
Good thing, as I have Dunlop grandstand seats this year
Old 29 Jan 2016, 15:21 (Ref:3609051)   #38
otisdog
Rookie

United States
Camano island, Washington
otisdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it possible to ride a bicycle all the way to Mulsanne?
Old 29 Jan 2016, 15:35 (Ref:3609058)   #39
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Yes.

Edit:
Here is a Google Maps direction from Beausejour, via Arnage, towards Mulsanne:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/47...!4e1!3e0?hl=en
Old 30 Jan 2016, 11:24 (Ref:3609229)   #40
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Yes.

Edit:
Here is a Google Maps direction from Beausejour, via Arnage, towards Mulsanne:
I have changed the end of the trip because the version you were given uses a part of the track :

If I recall, the part from the D139 to the "rue du stade" is one way, so it may be impossible to use this road in this direction. In this case you should go on until the D139 to the D338 (main road Le Mans - Tours).
In this case, the route is :
I don't know if this one way will be still mandatory this year, but it is long by bicycle.

Last edited by PascaLM; 30 Jan 2016 at 11:31.
Old 10 Feb 2016, 17:49 (Ref:3613730)   #41
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjd187 View Post
I am going...for the first time!
Been a dream for 15years.

Thought I had time to look things up after the holidays, I didn´t!

Need some advice from you experienced people.
I haven´t booked anything yet and had the plan to bring my caravan and be there sunday evening but as I found out all the good campsites are fully booked.
Maybe just take the car and jump on [LM24] International ten-tenths camp III (2016) if there is any spot left.
Or book the GE ticket, grandstand and just see if I get something when I arrive.
Reading around a little I get the impression that you always can get a spot late at Beausejour, Arnage or Mulsanne campsites?

Some agencies state that caravans are not welcome in some campsites, true or false?

// Carl
I stayed in the International ten-tenths camp last year and can give it nothing but high praise! It was not my first visit to Le Mans, but I think it would be a great choice for a first timer. Kenn who runs the camp and his group of friends are super nice, welcoming and knowledgeable. They've been doing it for many years and a first timer could learn a lot just from talking with them and getting their advice.

As far as Grandstand seats are concerned, I'm partial to the one at the Ford Chicane. Lots of good action there and a great angle of the cars going through those turns.
Old 3 Mar 2016, 21:02 (Ref:3619665)   #42
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We're wondering what to do away from the circuit. Over the last few years we've checked out the old Grand Prix circuits. this time we were wondering about checking out the Hotel de France. http://www.lhoteldefrance.fr/

However I kind of think that this will be heaving over the week of Le Mans and it would be best to check it out at another time.

It would be worth it if only for a photo of the car in front of it.
Old 25 Mar 2016, 13:49 (Ref:3627098)   #43
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
By the way KlBD, T34 is an excellent grandstand if you take photographs - one of the few places you can shoot without fencing getting in the way. I've sat in there many times - its a great place to be during the night.
Old 25 Mar 2016, 22:35 (Ref:3627324)   #44
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
By the way KlBD, T34 is an excellent grandstand if you take photographs - one of the few places you can shoot without fencing getting in the way. I've sat in there many times - its a great place to be during the night.
Echo the endorsement of T34. Of the ones along the pit straight it's the one I'd go for. The height and steep rake means you get a great view without fencing, and once the race gets properly underway you can wander down to the front and get a superb view of the pitlane. Being a more recently built grandstand the toilets are a bit better than some of the others too - which can make a difference.

The sole caveat is to be very careful in there on Saturday afternoon if it's a hot one - at the time there's no shade in T34 at all and you're exposed to very direct sunlight, which can get you into a little bit of trouble if you're not careful.
Old 12 May 2016, 12:58 (Ref:3641123)   #45
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone taken the helicopter ride during the week of the race? My son is turning 21 and thought it would be a nice birthday present. Searched this tread and couldn't find any info. A more general web search is suggesting cost ranges from 50 to 200 - quite a range! Anyone know what the actual cost might be and is there a site to reserve tickets? Thanks!
Old 12 May 2016, 21:49 (Ref:3641230)   #46
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We did it a few years back. It was great. Fantastic views and fun to go up in a helicopter as its not something I do often.

I pre-booked before I went and I think it was about 80 Euros, but it was quite a few years back. That got you a lap and a half; basically a full lap and then round to just after the first chicane and then cutting across back to near the airport. No idea who I booked with, but I don't think the experience varies that much by company.
Old 9 Jun 2016, 13:40 (Ref:3648471)   #47
vorspringing
Rookie

vorspringing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, another first-timer here. There's marvelous information here, thank you! I'm wondering how difficult it is during the qualifying sessions to get out to the back side of the track - are the buses completely useless, or is there some hope as long as I'm not in a hurry to get back? I figure it's not worth trying during the race.
Old 9 Jun 2016, 13:50 (Ref:3648472)   #48
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
no problem on wednesday and thursday to drive out to the viewing area's at mulsanne corner and arnarge, just follow the signs and all the other cars, walking is a little to difficult although you can do the porsche curve quite easily. You may find others in the camp site doing the same and perhaps room in their car
Old 13 Jun 2016, 20:40 (Ref:3649480)   #49
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piritos View Post
Hi guys,

I have a question about camping sites. I bought one camping ticket to Beausejour back in January for €57. I won't take a vehicle because I'll use public transport to get there. So I'll just have a tent.
The question is, it turned out that a friend of mine also comes to the race and we would stay in the same tent. Is the ticket also valid for him, or should he buy a ticket for himself? So is the ticket for person, or for tent?

If every single spectator has to buy a camping ticket for themselves, is it possible that my friend gets a ticket to Beausejour now, a few days before the race?? Or is it possible to pay for that at the campsite? How does it work?

Basic point is, he wouldn't need extra place, he would stay in my tent, is it possible?

Thank you in advance.
It is very simple, your camping ticket is for one car and the size of your place is 5x7 meters.
It does not matter how many people are in the car. Your friend does not have to buy a campingticket. Both of you do need entrancetickets to the circuit wich can be bought at the gate.
Have a great time.
Old 13 Jun 2016, 21:14 (Ref:3649492)   #50
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
It is very simple, your camping ticket is for one car and the size of your place is 5x7 meters.
It does not matter how many people are in the car. Your friend does not have to buy a campingticket. Both of you do need entrancetickets to the circuit wich can be bought at the gate.
Have a great time.
Camping ticket is actually for one pitch, that is big enough for a tent and a car, without a car you could pitch 2 tents if you want. As others have said, number of people not specified, which is useful as I have an extra person with me this year and we only made the arrangement recently. He will have to buy his entrance ticket before we go through the entrance to the camp site.

Sean