Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 14 Jul 2003, 09:32 (Ref:660535)   #126
Attila
Racer

Attila should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where was Hungary's motorsport history prior to the first F1 race???
Old 14 Jul 2003, 11:12 (Ref:660618)   #127
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"My point is that countries should be given the chance to develop it's motorsport industries by promoting to it's people and by what better way as to let them host a round."

Great, fine, but when it's at the expense of an already existing and well-established round, I object. The teams have complained that there are too many rounds as it is - the schedule is overcrowded and will lead to race-erosion (ie each race becomes of less importance to the championship result, less need to risk overtaking etc.)

I DOUBLY object to it being in a time zone that means that the MAJORITY of F1 fans (ie Europeans) will either be forced to wake up at 4am or watch delayed coverage.*

I TRIPLY (is there such a word?? There is now!!) object if the motive for us getting up at sparrowfart is NOT to "promote motorsport around the world" but to sell the Chinese more cigarettes.

*HOWEVER, IF, as I have heard rumours of, they choose to run the Bahrain GP at NIGHT, I would object less. That would put the GP into the reach of European audiences and add something genuinley new and different to the championship. As for Shanghai - I wait to see a redeeming feature. I hope it's as good a track as Sepang (thankfully) is.
Old 14 Jul 2003, 12:24 (Ref:660668)   #128
Tareq
Rookie

Tareq should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Attila,

I hope to make it one day.. Its the work schedule that keeps messing my holiday/travel plans.
Cheers
Old 14 Jul 2003, 12:32 (Ref:660682)   #129
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
China and Russia: ok, fair enough, two of the last places that I'd like to see Grand Prix held, but the Belgium Government is the one to blame, not Bernie, for the Spa-Francochamps circuit being wiped, i love the track, just like us all, but that is not enough, the teams need to make money, to finance their car developement, the structure of their teams and sponsors, they can't go forward without having their sponsorship run on the cars - you Euros are too old fashioned, time to move on.
If the Belgium Government sorted it's **** out, we wouldn't have the problem we have now. Several of the European tracks do not suit modern F1, one or two have been modified, with some success, but that is not enough. And how can you have a motorsport history? YOU HAVE TO START FROM SOMEWHERE. And Australia (and New Zealand) does have a very big motorsporting history thankyou very much. Australian V8 Super Cars make the BTCC look like a pack of amateurs. And as I said before, we have 3 possibly 4 drivers on their way to become serious championship contenders and possibly world champions that are not from Europe.
Old 14 Jul 2003, 12:44 (Ref:660697)   #130
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Attila
first Hungarian GP was in 1936. ETCC and F.Junior were run in the 60s.
Old 14 Jul 2003, 14:06 (Ref:660779)   #131
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Francochamps circuit being wiped, i love the track, just like us all, but that is not enough, the teams need to make money, to finance their car developement, the structure of their teams and sponsors, they can't go forward without having their sponsorship run on the cars"

Williams seem to be doing alright...

"Several of the European tracks do not suit modern F1"

Which??

...and when did I mention anything about Australia/NZ??!!
Old 14 Jul 2003, 14:15 (Ref:660797)   #132
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
hey .. can't i dream for a Romanian GP just because .. Dacia never raced .. in F1 .. but still a Romanian won Nurburgring ..

Ciao Marco
Old 14 Jul 2003, 14:37 (Ref:660810)   #133
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tristan
I DOUBLY object to it being in a time zone that means that the MAJORITY of F1 fans (ie Europeans) will either be forced to wake up at 4am or watch delayed coverage.*
Awww, you poor baby.

Typical Eurocentric bull****.

There are MILLIONS of F1 fans around the world you know.
Old 14 Jul 2003, 14:44 (Ref:660813)   #134
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What??
Where??

Old 14 Jul 2003, 14:58 (Ref:660835)   #135
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Australia and NewZealand were never assaulted andrew
I would've seen that, in act OZ was supported because of its history and used to establish rules as to where a new GP gets placed, and how is the F1 calender over croweded? the teams are sissies.
Overcrowding is seen in that NASCAR juggernaut38 races 38!
F1 has what 17 - they don't want how much its too much
please.even CART runs wbout 20 and they go to europe and austarlia, the used to go to Japan but...damn IRL
Old 14 Jul 2003, 15:51 (Ref:660890)   #136
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Attila
First Grand Prix winner was Hungarian...
Old 14 Jul 2003, 16:49 (Ref:660941)   #137
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for that ensign14 . He was a Franco-Hungarian driving a Renault called Ferenc Szisz at, of course Le Mans in 1906. Not the same circuit as today, but a 65mile whopper.

Here is his bio at grandprix.com http://www.grandprix.com/ft/ftjs032.html

Last edited by Adam43; 14 Jul 2003 at 16:51.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 00:18 (Ref:847655)   #138
bahraini spirit
Rookie

bahraini spirit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well hi ppl this is my first post and am a bahraini. just reading through the replies that ppl are posting, it just seems many ppl dont know what theyre talkin about and second, never want change. for whomever said bahrain is behind the money, ur soooo wrong. To whomever thinks this race is money driven, its ur personal opinion to go on and on saying that its all about money and u dont want it to be like sepang or whatever money driven race u classify. ppl here have passion for cars and we have the oldest and most established motor sports federation in the region dating back to 1952. we have 24 hour go cart racing with top ppl in the sport, we have drag races, rallies, etc. And besides, it'll amaze you how much ppl know about cars here.

You dont compare a country the size of australia whos a whole continent in itself with a country like bahrain which is a few thousand times smaller. and besides, aussie didnt establish itself overnight, it took years and years and this is what bahrain is trying to do, but apparently, some ppl are willing to accept a the fact that their industries develop and others are not allowed or given the chance to do the same thing.

to clarify the point about pit babes and alcohol, if u think a race is not worth it without these regardless of what happens on the track (many ppl do think this way), then really u shouldnt consider urself a true passionate fan of f1, cause u basically dont really care about the race itself, just about some other minor stuff that compliment it.

just one more point, in the sports world, change is continuous, so expect new tracks and venues in f1, some go out and others come in, thats the way it goes in sports, so mourning whatever just happened and wishing that others become a failure or never make it wont get u anywhere.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 02:03 (Ref:847747)   #139
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
bahraini spirit
The previous posts reflect the veiws only of those who choose to by into all that stuff.Put yourself in the shoes of an American,Pom or Aussie for that matter and think about the stuff that came from Saddams or Osamas big mouths.
Now look at how the media will manipulate a population to suit there needs.When it comes to media it doesn't where you are they are the same.You get what they want you to know for the shock value which enables them to sell more papers etc.You do have to accept that most fears do arrise as most suicide bombers are Muslim.The fact that they are miguided and manipulated to do others bidding is not reported.The only difference between Islam and Christianity is that preists have a liking of haveing sexual relations with children rather then covincing someone to blow themselves and others up.(Hey the truth hurts).
Some people find change hard to accept.I remember the same basic coments roll out when they said F1 was coming back to Aus
and Im pretty sure there would of been those in the US who said the same.
Don't let it worry you and I hope all goes well and please for the love of god(you pick which one suits you)don't let shuie win the first ever GP there.

The Grumpy1

Last edited by grumpy1; 23 Jan 2004 at 02:05.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 03:03 (Ref:847780)   #140
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
/write multi paragraph oratory into F1, governments, social structure, life and times of the world.
/delete all that work and KISS.

The western governments are no less abusive, undemocratic, rigged, biased and generally corrupt than anywhere else in the world. They just encourage their companies to do all the dirty work in somebody elses backyard and get them into such monetary debt they have them under ball and shackle.

I see no reason other than safety and motorsport driven to select a track just about anywhere. China's fairly safe, and if the tracks good it's in Australia (non-euro fans) and New Zealand's (non-euro fans) time zone roughly, so I'm for it, so most probably are the massive Japanese fanbase (non-euro) and the increasing Malaysian fanbase (non-euro) as well as the soon to be Chinese fan-base (non-euro).

I know what China is like with Human rights, but F1 being there or not, won't change it. The fact is, the Western countries have now based too much of their economies there to revert easily, and we've been sucked in and trapped by our own greedy leaders, corporations & shareholders.
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 10:17 (Ref:848013)   #141
bahraini spirit
Rookie

you know the thing about bein an american, aussie or a british, its been goin on for ages now and it doesnt make a difference in most cases. we have a lot of british, americans and aussies in bahrain and most dont even care about what comes out of saddam's or osama's mouth. and besides i live in england at the moment and all those threats, people here dont seem to be bothered a bit, no one talks about it, the only thing u can c is maybe a tighter police security barrier and checks, bout it. and id suppose, bahrain will have very tight security during the race, and besides weve got the 5th fleet navy base and its the largest outside nato.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 14:25 (Ref:848268)   #142
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm glad it's off!
Old 23 Jan 2004, 15:37 (Ref:848339)   #143
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Rennen
I'm glad it's off!
What's off Rennen? If you mean the Bahrain GP perhaps you should look at the date of the first post of this thread!!
Old 23 Jan 2004, 15:54 (Ref:848354)   #144
bahraini spirit
Rookie

the race is on if thats the case and its on the best date possible (04,04,04)
Old 23 Jan 2004, 17:48 (Ref:848483)   #145
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My, a lot of people have issues with the Middle East (or indeed, any other part of the world besides themselves).
Old 23 Jan 2004, 18:08 (Ref:848500)   #146
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What abt Malaysia? it is an islamic country.....
Old 24 Jan 2004, 04:08 (Ref:848976)   #147
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I see little point in keeping this one open (Jesus, how old is this thread?)