Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 26 Nov 2009, 15:12 (Ref:2589712)   #51
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Oh if only the "lower" public knew what I knew a fair while back Terry they would have been in the local betting shop sticking a few quid on this !

Likewise Gordon,but would that come under 'insider dealing'?
Old 26 Nov 2009, 15:54 (Ref:2589731)   #52
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Then again, you'd hardly expect JP to be waxing lyical about how cheap and easy it will be to start making money from the venue, in advance of any negotiations, would you......?

Cynical, moi?
Pretty much what I was thinking (but didn't have time to post).
(I have been known to be accused of being cynical too at times!)
Old 26 Nov 2009, 15:59 (Ref:2589733)   #53
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Al, I explained on the F1 thread that I can't divulge it. Otherwise it would cause lots of problems with confidentiality with one of my oldest mates, sorry !.
I thought that was Eric or did you mean mates you've known a long time.
Old 26 Nov 2009, 16:02 (Ref:2589736)   #54
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Do they? I'm no lawyer but I don't think that's right. Surely if DVLL goes bust, the lease returns to the Wheatcroft family and either they run it, lease it to someone else or sell the whole package for someone else to run. In the mean time, the creditors of DVLL have to chase Gillet & Co for their dosh & will finally be forced to right off ther own debt or come to some sort of arrangement, say 10p i n the pound, if he has any assets to claim against.
In my experience the receivers will try to get as much for the property as they can. The lessor is just one of the creditors and as possibly the largest they'll want a massive financial settlement. If they can't get that then they'll sell it to whomever will pay the most. So, if you want Donington to survive you'll need to cover the cost of the debt so that you can then rebuild it.
Old 26 Nov 2009, 20:24 (Ref:2589850)   #55
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
RiP Donington, its gone.
Old 26 Nov 2009, 20:40 (Ref:2589865)   #56
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
In my experience the receivers will try to get as much for the property as they can. The lessor is just one of the creditors and as possibly the largest they'll want a massive financial settlement. If they can't get that then they'll sell it to whomever will pay the most. So, if you want Donington to survive you'll need to cover the cost of the debt so that you can then rebuild it.
It depends what happens. If the Administrators (not receivers) sell it off they may well want to get rid of some of the debt.

BUT if the lease is either disclaimed or it reverts to the landlord in some other way then it is up to the landlord to do another deal and that wouldn't include the debt.
Old 27 Nov 2009, 10:39 (Ref:2590043)   #57
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
It depends what happens. If the Administrators (not receivers) sell it off they may well want to get rid of some of the debt.
Same thing different name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
BUT if the lease is either disclaimed or it reverts to the landlord in some other way then it is up to the landlord to do another deal and that wouldn't include the debt.
The landlord being the lessor(?) will want a big slice of any equity which was my point really. They were owed many months rent before all this went tits up.
Old 27 Nov 2009, 11:26 (Ref:2590068)   #58
Peter Dunne
Tea Addict And Summoner Of Safety Cars
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
RiP Donington, its gone.
Sounds like you heard something pretty concrete there Al. Care to share?
Old 27 Nov 2009, 12:03 (Ref:2590087)   #59
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I wouldn't have thought that anyone would want to have anything to do with Donnington as the investment would be long term just for a race circuit. A leisure company could do it but it would probably restrict the circuit use as it would have to make it a multi venue (theme park etc)
OK someone with amazing amounts of spare cash could do it if they are interested enough in motorsport.
Even multi billionaires that could be interested are first and foremost businessmen because that's how they got there in the first place.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Nov 2009, 12:39 (Ref:2590113)   #60
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Same thing different name.
Nope, different in my opinion, the Administrators will usually try to sell the whole shebang as a going concern. Receivers are much more likely to asset strip and flog it all off piecemail.

If the Administrators try to assign the lease to a new tenant (if it's permitted by the lease) then the Administrators and/or the LL MAY want some of the arrears paid as part of the deal. However, the LL is likely to be so bleeding relieved that there is a prospect of someone taking on the smoking wreckage that they will take a pragmatic view re the arrears.

Quote:
The landlord being the lessor(?) will want a big slice of any equity which was my point really. They were owed many months rent before all this went tits up.
The LL's claim is against DVLL limited (in Administration) and any guarantor that there may have been. If the lease is forfeited or disclaimed then all the LL def get's back is possession of the property. They are free to do another deal with another party - they are also free to go after DVLL for the arrears but these are seperate transactions.

They do not have the right to try to claw back any outstanding arrears from the other party.

Equity? I doubt there is much of that...
Old 27 Nov 2009, 12:58 (Ref:2590126)   #61
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its also worth bearing in mind that since the original deal was done between DVLL & the Wheatcrofts, the circuit has lost the Moto GP round, WSR & Super League, probbaly 3 of its biggest pay days. On top of the restoration work thats required to be paid for, the lease isn't worth anywhere near the rumoured £2M that Gillett agreed to pay. The business pln just wouldn't stack up on a diet of UK Club racing, Track days, the Download concert and a single BTCC round as its one high(ish) profile event. Personally, I hope that the Wheatcrofts sell the freehold (inc the Donington Collection) to Dr JP. I think thats the only hope.
Old 27 Nov 2009, 13:35 (Ref:2590154)   #62
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Having been there I'll have to agree to differ.
Old 27 Nov 2009, 14:17 (Ref:2590189)   #63
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Having been there I'll have to agree to differ.
Recently? As in, during the last few days (or weeks)?
Old 27 Nov 2009, 15:23 (Ref:2590232)   #64
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Equity? I doubt there is much of that...[/QUOTE]

Nor Goodwill!

As I understand the law, The Wheatcrofts' still own Donington, regardless of what DVLL did, or have done to them. No one can chase them for money owed by DVLL. No one can chase a new operating company for money owed by DVLL, unless they sign an agreement to that effect.

That is good news. The bad news is, it won't be back next year. No way. So whoever spends out, sees no income for 12 months plus. That philanthropy, not business.
Old 27 Nov 2009, 15:47 (Ref:2590238)   #65
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Recently? As in, during the last few days (or weeks)?
Lol I was responding to Piglet.
Old 27 Nov 2009, 19:12 (Ref:2590345)   #66
Dave 455
Racer

Dave 455 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Donington Grand Prix Collection has been closed down today, staff layed off and the collection is in the hands of the administrators.

What a sad day for all!

Just hope you all recently paid a visit before this very sad occasion for all.
Old 27 Nov 2009, 19:40 (Ref:2590357)   #67
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Dunne View Post
Sounds like you heard something pretty concrete there Al. Care to share?
Just a hunch Peter from a well worn 61 year old that has been self employed since his teens and has seen seen things like this many times in the past. And the above post about the collection confirms to me that my hunch is correct.
Old 27 Nov 2009, 19:57 (Ref:2590364)   #68
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 455 View Post
The Donington Grand Prix Collection has been closed down today, staff layed off and the collection is in the hands of the administrators.

What a sad day for all!

Just hope you all recently paid a visit before this very sad occasion for all.
Sorry if I've missed it but did the collection belong to Gillett and if not how can the administrators seize it?
Old 27 Nov 2009, 20:13 (Ref:2590371)   #69
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I was wondering that Tim? Mind you I have also known of a third parties goods on a premises of a company that has gone into liquidation that have been seized and held until everything was resolved, it does happen.
Old 27 Nov 2009, 20:15 (Ref:2590373)   #70
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
The land DVLL leased extends beyond the concrete wall so could include the buildings used by the collection but the Collection itself still belongs to the Wheatcrofts
Old 27 Nov 2009, 20:21 (Ref:2590378)   #71
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
But the liquidators don't know that yet so presumably would cease the lot till title prooved, no?
Old 27 Nov 2009, 21:30 (Ref:2590413)   #72
Dave 455
Racer

Dave 455 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The administrators realised yesterday that DVLL was running the Donington Collection as part of the 150 year lease and DVLL were in fact in full control of the collection.

As such, all Grand Prix Collection staff were layed off this morning, the whole collection was closed and possesion of the cars was seized, and legally all cars that were not loaned to the collection, may be auctioned off sooner, rather than later, depending upon legal documents coming through, expect more news early next week.

This may be the most tragic event to hit British Motorsport in a long time!
Mr Gillett has questions to answer!
Old 27 Nov 2009, 21:42 (Ref:2590417)   #73
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know how to react to that news. That's just terrible...
Old 27 Nov 2009, 21:50 (Ref:2590419)   #74
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Dave 455, not only Mr Gillett but a certain Mr Ecclestone who's greed started this whole process. I trust he's sleeping well tonight.
Old 27 Nov 2009, 22:06 (Ref:2590430)   #75
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 455 View Post
The administrators realised yesterday that DVLL was running the Donington Collection as part of the 150 year lease and DVLL were in fact in full control of the collection.

As such, all Grand Prix Collection staff were layed off this morning, the whole collection was closed and possession of the cars was seized, and legally all cars that were not loaned to the collection, may be auctioned off sooner, rather than later, depending upon legal documents coming through, expect more news early next week.

This may be the most tragic event to hit British Motorsport in a long time!
Mr Gillett has questions to answer!
Interesting; I'd like to see chapter and verse on that.

I'd be very surprised to find that Tom had given anybody ownership of any of his cars. I understand that DVLL had the rights to run the Museum with all the cars but not ownership.

Sure the administrators may have woken up to the running and taken steps to secure that operation (sounds a bit dozy to me if they have only just realised?) and they may have stated a position over the cars but, as I say, I'd be surprised if they get them.

Regards

Jim