Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 7 Nov 2010, 14:49 (Ref:2786390)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Site seems very slow

Hi, over the last few days I have noticed that the site seems to be very slow, and pages appear to be slightly broken.

Is there a problem with the server?

Cheers,

Ben.
Old 7 Nov 2010, 18:11 (Ref:2786518)   #2
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No server problems, no load issues, no time issues from what I can see on the diagnostics.
Old 2 Aug 2011, 20:41 (Ref:2935140)   #3
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
I will say that this IS one of the slowest sites that I visit, and that is when things are going well. At home it is ok, but at work it is fairly intolerable. My work connection is fairly slow, so most sites will take about a second to load up, but tenths will take anywhere from 20-40 seconds to load a page up.
Old 3 Aug 2011, 20:52 (Ref:2935549)   #4
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can't say I have your problems Fogelhund, most of the time ten-tenths takes only a second or so to load for me on my laptop at home and 3-5 seconds on my tablet via 3g.
Old 4 Aug 2011, 10:54 (Ref:2935735)   #5
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R View Post
Can't say I have your problems Fogelhund, most of the time ten-tenths takes only a second or so to load for me on my laptop at home and 3-5 seconds on my tablet via 3g.
About a second or so at home as well... but that is considerably slower than just about any other site on the net. At work this has been an issue for months. Make no mistake, this is a slow site to load.

It is easy to check speed as well... using the following utility, you can see web load times. http://www.iwebtool.com/speed_test

Now, this is the load time for the fastest available connection, so if you have a slower connection, it is going to take longer to load.

#

Domain name Size Load Time Average Speed per KB
1 http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...35#post2935735 75.8 KB 1.14 seconds 0.02 seconds
2 tentenths.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7 95.67 KB 1.34 seconds 0.01 seconds
3 www.americanlemansfans.com/ 11.01 KB 0.18 seconds 0.02 seconds
4 www.cichlid-forum.com/phpBB/ 47.81 KB 0.37 seconds 0.01 seconds

Last edited by Fogelhund; 4 Aug 2011 at 11:00.
Old 4 Aug 2011, 14:44 (Ref:2935829)   #6
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
At work this has been an issue for months. Make no mistake, this is a slow site to load.
Only at your work apparently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
It is easy to check speed as well... using the following utility, you can see web load times. http://www.iwebtool.com/speed_test
Personally I wouldn't trust any results from that speed tester, it doesn't actually test anything meaningful! It's loading only the basic page it doesn't attempt to load any of the graphics, style sheets, java scripts etc. So given that the two other sites you choose have simpler pages of course they will load faster.

Do a tracert to tentenths.com and you should get an indication as to where the delay is in the chain. Tenths server is in Ireland so it's likely that any delay is in the transatlantic hop. Try comparing to other sites with servers located in Europe and see what kind of times you get.

USA/Canada accounts for about 11% of the page views of Tenths while Europe is over 50%, that's why the servers are located in Europe.
Old 4 Aug 2011, 15:53 (Ref:2935854)   #7
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
Only at your work apparently.
No, as you say, most other sites have much fewer scripts, and the load time between tenths and other sites is noticeable for me pretty much anywhere. Of course there are other slow sites too, but for a forum this is a slow load.

I'll check with some tech people, and try some other measurements.
Old 4 Aug 2011, 16:03 (Ref:2935862)   #8
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe you should do some work?

Can't imagine your techs will be too impressed if you ask them why the forum you're surfing during work time is so slow.

(P.S. It flies for me, whichever office I'm in.)