Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Most despised driver-aid?
Traction control 22 30.56%
Launch control 8 11.11%
Semi-automatic transmssion 6 8.33%
Telemetry 1 1.39%
Something we don't know about yet. 2 2.78%
Grooved Tyres 11 15.28%
Politics 22 30.56%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23 Jan 2004, 22:58 (Ref:848795)   #51
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Once a year Prima Donna's

Politics cruels so many things in life, however, the once a year PDs who become instant experts and have to be seen in the right places with the right faces really urinate me off!

Last edited by 275 GTB-4; 23 Jan 2004 at 22:59.
Old 24 Jan 2004, 03:46 (Ref:848968)   #52
BARrouette
Racer

BARrouette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would say all but the most one is politics.
Old 24 Jan 2004, 06:59 (Ref:849061)   #53
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"manual gearing and launch control are back this year.. "
That's knda true- they will still have paddle shifting and no H box- but that will never come back- even champcars use manual sequential off the steering wheel
and there is little boring about those things at MidOhio that's for sure, even surfer's is always a wacky one, but there have been lots of parades- not like the Zanardi years
Is Zanardi the "Aryton Senna" of ChampCars? (don't hit me it is a metaphor for his talent graceful winning and aggressive and sure style)
Old 24 Jan 2004, 09:27 (Ref:849130)   #54
MacMan
Racer

Australia
Perth
MacMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
everything else can stay but get rid of those damn grooved tyres! they still just don't look right. F1 just keeps getting better and better though.
Old 24 Jan 2004, 17:22 (Ref:849432)   #55
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Where do you want me to start!!!!

Politics is entertaining sometimes, the rest is just a sin.
Old 24 Jan 2004, 21:54 (Ref:849622)   #56
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd like to vote for all of them, but I guess traction control is the one I'd pick on the list. However, the worst aspect of FI has consistently been the points scoring system which has singularly failed over the years to reward victories sufficiently. Last year they contrived to make it even less important to win races when only 2 points separated the race winner from second place, the same margin by which MS, with 6 wins beat KR with one win to the WDC. Ludicrous.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 24 Jan 2004, 21:59 (Ref:849623)   #57
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Actually, I've just noted that the question is about driver aids whereas the poll is the most despised aspect of FI - surely 2 separate issues. However, I make no apologies for raising again the points scoring system, since it is my most despised aspect of FI, but also aids the drivers who can't win races very often!!!!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!