Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Jan 2004, 04:48 (Ref:847836)   #1
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi Warned Michael

Kimi Raikkonen has warned Michael Schumacher that he will have to overcome an even tougher challenge than last season to retain his F1 drivers' title.

"I am learning in every test and every race," said the Iceman.

http://sport.independent.co.uk/motor...p?story=483788
Old 23 Jan 2004, 04:57 (Ref:847840)   #2
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, if MP419 is championshiop contender, quicker than FW26 or at least equivalent, and Michelin upper hand over Bridestone, my money is for Kimi. Because Juan and Ralf will steal point each other.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 05:11 (Ref:847846)   #3
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Like all the rookies before him, he would be wise not to underestimate one Michael Schumacher. Kimi did'nt almost win the championship last year, Michael/Ferrari/Bridgestone almost lost it.

I have no doubts comparitively speaking, Kimi see's himself closing the gap by more than 2 points, especially when you think about his experience and driving around the old car.

However, he has to remember when he had a bad day (and he threw it away a couple of times) Juan and Ralf took points of Michael. If it was just Michael v Kimi, it would have been 2002 all over again.

IMO, Juan was the challenger lasy year, despite what the points say at the end.

That said, he is one very quick driver. And if McLaren can give him a pole grabbing car race after race, I think he could very well be the 2004 WDC.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 08:01 (Ref:847884)   #4
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wrex makes a good point, Kimi can push but I till think its Ferraris championship to lose
Old 23 Jan 2004, 09:53 (Ref:847970)   #5
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, it is still Ferrari's to lose, or Bridgestone's to lose on their behalf.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 10:30 (Ref:848029)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
One statistic that I saw recently astonished me - Kimi scored more points per finish than anyone else. Considering that he had the third-best car for msot of the season, is so young and relatively inexperienced, and only crashed out once all year, that seems like a remarkable achievement. The consistant performances he turned in were amazing - very similar to Keke's 1982 season.

He should be faster next year - the real onus is on Bridgestone to up their game, and McLaren to make sure they are consistantly ahead of Williams, and for DC to take points off Michael on Michelin's good days.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 10:35 (Ref:848032)   #7
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Kimi has a great chance - and I fundamentally disagree with those who knock him.

If you look back at 2003, without that engine blow-up at the Nurburgring, he would've been World Champion.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 10:52 (Ref:848048)   #8
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Schumacher I think, replied yesterday in testing
Old 23 Jan 2004, 10:55 (Ref:848050)   #9
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Redblurr
Mr Schumacher I think, replied yesterday in testing
Testing means nothing, unless of course, you think that Jenson in a BAR will be WDC in 04
Old 23 Jan 2004, 10:57 (Ref:848055)   #10
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MrV, I'd rather say that tests don't mean everithing, more than thay mean nothing: if so, why taking testing times?
Old 23 Jan 2004, 11:17 (Ref:848076)   #11
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
The fact that Schumi, first day back from 102 days off, produces the goods
Old 23 Jan 2004, 11:42 (Ref:848096)   #12
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Juan and Kimmi will both be major competitiors this year, unless Ferrari regain their 2002 dominence they will be under considerable pressure.

IMHO Kimmi would've won the title if the MP4-18 was raced and was quicker than the old car! I feel McLaren threw the title away rather than Ferrari winning it.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 11:51 (Ref:848106)   #13
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Redblurr
The fact that Schumi, first day back from 102 days off, produces the goods
And would be expect anything less of the guy, or any of them? That is why they are doing the job and we are here talking about it

The fact is, producing the goods in his first test after a long break doesn't mean everything, although of course, with Michael, the odds do become shorter
Old 23 Jan 2004, 11:55 (Ref:848107)   #14
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
oh right I never that of that
Old 23 Jan 2004, 13:25 (Ref:848185)   #15
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Is Kimi saying that this year is his year? Looks like he's learning from his teammate, the old master
Old 23 Jan 2004, 13:35 (Ref:848196)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I sincerely hope so. I can't face another Ferrari red season......
Old 23 Jan 2004, 14:35 (Ref:848279)   #17
Korr
Racer

Korr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am Tifosi. I love Ferrari and Schumi. It won't hurt my feelings to see them win another season.

I am also a realist. I see how bloody good Kimi was last year, and I understand that he has a bit a maturing to do as a racer before he can grab the trophy at the end of the season.

If he has done all that and gets it at the end of 2004, I will be elated.

I am Tifosi.

I am Kimiosi.

I am glad there are no racers named Pianti.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 14:38 (Ref:848281)   #18
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Smokey 6 litre
IMHO Kimmi would've won the title if the MP4-18 was raced and was quicker than the old car!
Raikkonen would have won the championship in a quicker car. Hmmm. Revolutionary theory.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 15:06 (Ref:848311)   #19
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi would be the most boring, dull, and uninteresting WDC in the history of the sport.

The mans lacksidaisical, non-caring, and bored approach to everything that F1 is, should be maddening to any real F1 fan. His approach to this sport leads you to think he was a club racer, instead of being in the top series. He has to be a sponsors worst nightmare! Could you imagine trying to coach him on what to say at a sponsor held event, you know, show alittle enthusiasm maybe!? His post race comments are certainly riveting to, aren't they? His "excitement" upon winning his first GP was really over-the-top also. He needs to tone down abit. I can't wait until they write a book about the man, it should be fascinating!

Well, he is quick on the track and I guess thats what matters in the end... Damn!

Danica Patrick
Old 23 Jan 2004, 15:47 (Ref:848347)   #20
Tiptop
Racer

United Kingdom
Bristol
Tiptop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When we can get back to the serous fact that racing is all about racing and not trying to sell bloody cornflakes or some cheap aftershave, then F1 will be a better place.

So what if Kimi is quiet and calm and dosen't say much... who cares, he is a great racer who made last seasons F1 very exciting... I hope Mclaren can give him a good car so he can beat TGF and not throw it away like mclaren did last year!
Old 23 Jan 2004, 16:53 (Ref:848422)   #21
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by GP Racer
Kimi would be the most boring, dull, and uninteresting WDC in the history of the sport.

No worse than Mika was imo, but these guys are paid to race first and foremost.

Would love to understand the Finish language and listen to both Kimi and Mika speak their native language, i'll bet they are totally different then
Old 23 Jan 2004, 17:25 (Ref:848462)   #22
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The American TV news show, 60 Minutes, once did a piece on Finland.

It is said that they are the quietest people on earth, and do the least face-to-face talking of any country. They went on to show numerous scenarios of everyday life there, and really, it was amazing, they hardly uttered a word to one another! Whether they were dancing, in a bar, walking along, in the house, they barely glanced at each other, let alone talk. But, they are huge cell phone users and gab away on them MORE than any other country! They are said to be very happy by and large though.

Fascinating, I must tell you!

Abit off topic, but it might explain Kimi's and Mikas "quiet" nature.

Danica Patrick
Old 23 Jan 2004, 17:45 (Ref:848478)   #23
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
No worse than Mika was imo, but these guys are paid to race first and foremost.

Would love to understand the Finish language and listen to both Kimi and Mika speak their native language, i'll bet they are totally different then
Well, Martin Brundle did a monologue on this. He said that Hakkinen in Finnish was just like your normal "guy down the pub". Hmmmm... Which pub?
Old 23 Jan 2004, 19:23 (Ref:848578)   #24
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by GP Racer
The American TV news show, 60 Minutes, once did a piece on Finland.

It is said that they are the quietest people on earth, and do the least face-to-face talking of any country. They went on to show numerous scenarios of everyday life there, and really, it was amazing, they hardly uttered a word to one another! Whether they were dancing, in a bar, walking along, in the house, they barely glanced at each other, let alone talk.
Sounds like my ideal place, now if only they would lower the income tax rate i'd be over there like a shot

Sure does go along way to explaining why Kimi and Mika are such quiet guys, wonder what went wrong with Keke
Old 23 Jan 2004, 20:16 (Ref:848644)   #25
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Keke was born in Sweden.......