Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Jan 2004, 17:31 (Ref:849442)   #1
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
'Its Kimi! Not Williams boys' says MS....

TGF says he is wary of Raikkonnen in 2004! he thinks he is the only man who stands in his way of a 7 WDC!!

http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlin...24113342.shtml

with a less than superior car Kimi got so close and if the 19 lives up to the hype id say MS might be right!

however... the Williams has been impressive and you cant discount the Williams boys.. this might be an article to keep till the end of the year because it migh haunt TGF!!
Old 24 Jan 2004, 17:51 (Ref:849456)   #2
z2252314
Racer

z2252314 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Juan Montoya had the best car/tyre package for the majority of the season and still failed to deliver. I think Juan is the more aggressive of the two, but imho, he lacks the outright raw speed of MS, KR and Ralf (on his good days). I think Michael is spot on, look for a titanic battle between him and KR for the title.
Old 24 Jan 2004, 18:20 (Ref:849470)   #3
Svend
Rookie

Svend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mind you that the potential of the Williams didn't come to fruition only around the Austrian Grand Prix. They were quite slow this year at the beginning.

If it hadn't been for 2 technical failures JPM would have been WC. Raikkonen only had 1, Schumacher 0. Both of the failures he had were while he was in the lead.

Do the math In the end he was only 11 points down.

Last edited by Svend; 24 Jan 2004 at 18:21.
Old 24 Jan 2004, 18:51 (Ref:849487)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So 2004. I think Micheal's view could well be right about Kimi.

All this is based on one single ten word quote where he hints that Kimi is the strongest challenger. He does not say that the Williams isn't in with a chance. I'm sure Michael hasn't written them off just yet...

At the moment he has just confirmed he thinks Kimi is one to watch.
Old 24 Jan 2004, 18:52 (Ref:849488)   #5
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
who else could he have hinted at? Bruni??
Old 24 Jan 2004, 18:59 (Ref:849490)   #6
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ohw c'mon, Montoya is soooooooooo 2003....

It's Kimi now. Or even Alonso.
Old 24 Jan 2004, 19:44 (Ref:849515)   #7
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i like his chances for the title this year....i think ms is correct..
Old 24 Jan 2004, 22:20 (Ref:849646)   #8
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes I agree that Kimi is the best of the rest. I also think that Schumi has relieved himself of a lot of pressure and as Brawn said something about seeing the best Schumi this year [2004] - only time will tell.
Old 24 Jan 2004, 22:27 (Ref:849650)   #9
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think JPM was the more serious challenger last year. Remember, had his car not let him down in Japan, he probably would have finished tied on points with TGF in the WDC. That's not to say that Kimi didn't do as good a job though, but DC's lack of form has helped raise his stock.
Old 24 Jan 2004, 22:37 (Ref:849655)   #10
DaveOrama
Rookie

DaveOrama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree Raven, DC's lack of pace has made Kimi look very good. But then I remember the French GP last year and Kimi showed a bit of genuine spped. That mistake was a learinig experience and he us unlikely to do something like that again - so as long as the MP4-19 is competitive he'll be there.

I think Michael is a bit silly if he genuinely expects his competition to come just from Kimi. If he concentrates in this direction , the dynamic duo at Williams may steal his thunder.
Old 24 Jan 2004, 23:01 (Ref:849668)   #11
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
typo error: I read/viewed the welcome message on the official McLaren website from DC & Kimi. DC 2mb message Kimi 870k - Kimi won that as well

Last edited by Redblurr; 24 Jan 2004 at 23:02.
Old 24 Jan 2004, 23:22 (Ref:849677)   #12
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Early mind games

Don't count your bridges before you cross your chickens.
Old 24 Jan 2004, 23:49 (Ref:849698)   #13
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And!! don't burn your chickens 'till your bridges are built!
Old 25 Jan 2004, 00:21 (Ref:849727)   #14
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Michael will not admit to who is greatest rival, hence the Kimi quote
Old 25 Jan 2004, 00:54 (Ref:849744)   #15
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Ferrari would be deluding themselves in thinking that Williams won't be a serious threat in 2004, they have already done the most milage in a car which seems very reliable.
Old 25 Jan 2004, 01:43 (Ref:849773)   #16
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
You all have it wrong - Its Coultard!
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
All this is based on one single ten word quote where he hints that Kimi is the strongest challenger. He does not say that the Williams isn't in with a chance. I'm sure Michael hasn't written them off just yet...

At the moment he has just confirmed he thinks Kimi is one to watch.
Well put Adam
Old 25 Jan 2004, 09:58 (Ref:849884)   #17
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
Michael will not admit to who is greatest rival, hence the Kimi quote
Generally, I think, Michael is fairly astute when it comes to assessing his rivals. He doesn't build them up loads, but then why should he. However over a season and from race to race he has a decent idea who will be in with a shout.
Quote:
Originally posted by The Monster
Ferrari would be deluding themselves in thinking that Williams won't be a serious threat in 2004, they have already done the most milage in a car which seems very reliable.
And I don't think they are. However Michael thinks Kimi is a strong challenger, hence the quote.
Old 25 Jan 2004, 10:46 (Ref:849901)   #18
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Ferrari/MS/Brawn had latent worried about McLaren, and underestimated Williams.

I remembered correctly, last year, in winter testing, they also admit that McLaren was the main rival. They didn't 'squint' Williams. And they're wrong!

This year, maybe MS/Ferrari will be wrong again, or maybe right.

Its just MS opinion, nothing more. Maybe Michael just play 'mind games' with his rivals.
Old 25 Jan 2004, 10:58 (Ref:849910)   #19
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He is playing with JPM's mind here.
Old 25 Jan 2004, 11:56 (Ref:849923)   #20
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I too thought the smart money was on Kimi before testing began. McLaren learnt a lot from the 18 and have a definite headstart as far as car development is concerned. However that Williams is looking damn fast and if it can carry that form through to the start of the year there's no reason why JPM won't win it. I have a feeling this year will be between JPM and Kimi and not because Ferrari build a slow car or Schu is off the pace, but because Bridgestone have dropped the ball. It'll be nice to see the boot on the other foot for once.
Old 25 Jan 2004, 21:56 (Ref:850314)   #21
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well here we are again folks. A couple of months before the start of the season.

Gentlemen, let the mind games begin.

Last edited by Spudgun; 25 Jan 2004 at 21:57.
Old 26 Jan 2004, 00:20 (Ref:850453)   #22
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Spudgun
Well here we are again folks. A couple of months before the start of the season.

Gentlemen, let the mind games begin.
And thats just the members on this board
Old 26 Jan 2004, 01:11 (Ref:850499)   #23
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What he's really saying is that the willy boys will take points off each other and raikonon won't have that problem with his team mate.
It's a subtle way of saying coulthard is useless
Old 26 Jan 2004, 09:10 (Ref:850720)   #24
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TGF is all very good at playing these little games, how often in pre-season do you see TGF articles saying that so and so isn't a challenge this year!

Happens so often its not realy worth getting excited about.

On the other hand, IMHO, Both Kimmi and Juan (if he gets the support) will be a threat to MS, and i dount if any comments will make any difference.