Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 17 Jan 2005, 20:23 (Ref:1203211)   #1
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When will we have a long-stage rally game?

I've been playing for the past month CMR 2005. Indeed a great game but I can't help but think that the stages are too short. No more than four and a half minutes. Now, that pales in comparison to what real drivers have to face. In fact, I remember playing Mobil 1 british rally championship some years ago and being absolutely thrilled with the stages that took over 20 minutes.

Will we ever see another game like that?
Old 17 Jan 2005, 22:11 (Ref:1203309)   #2
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Network Q RAC Rally was a good game too
Old 18 Jan 2005, 00:45 (Ref:1203387)   #3
Chris Gray
Racer

England
Lincolnshire
Chris Gray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Richard Burns Rally has some pretty decent length stages (and is a great game to boot). I reckon the longest in about 13kms which actually takes a fair bit on concentration. Although aren't 'real' rally stages getting shorter anyway?
Old 18 Jan 2005, 01:53 (Ref:1203431)   #4
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perhaps, but I mean, in CMR 2005 it takes about 15 to 20 minutes to complete a whole rally. Furthermore, I can't believe that a 3.5 GB game can olnly pull out such short stages.

I guess that long stages don't have the same commercial appeal though as most people resent games which are too hard.
Old 18 Jan 2005, 02:10 (Ref:1203435)   #5
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
RBR has some good stages, but I can't stay on the road enough to enjoy them!
Old 18 Jan 2005, 13:17 (Ref:1203743)   #6
Andrew Gunnell
Racer

United Kingdom
stratford-upon-avon
Andrew Gunnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sharky - I don't know if you can get The British Rally Championship game, because it has some very long stages on it.
Old 18 Jan 2005, 14:45 (Ref:1203823)   #7
Sharky
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Gunnell
Sharky - I don't know if you can get The British Rally Championship game, because it has some very long stages on it.
Yes, I do have it and I still think it's the best despite it's age and the fact tht it's not based on the WRC. However, I'd love to see a game with today's graphics and realism with long stages like that game has.
Old 20 Jan 2005, 16:20 (Ref:1205755)   #8
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wonder if someone can mod a game to do this?
Old 20 Jan 2005, 18:24 (Ref:1205839)   #9
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Possibly. If you can create new stages then somebody could make one of any length, assuming like in GPL there isn't a length limit.
Old 21 Jan 2005, 14:19 (Ref:1206437)   #10
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gpl does have a length limit or is that what you meant?
Old 21 Jan 2005, 21:49 (Ref:1206742)   #11
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess the problem with putting long stages into F1C or GPL would be that they aren't circuits. I could be wrong but I doubt either game has provisions for point to point stages, sadly.
Old 21 Jan 2005, 22:10 (Ref:1206759)   #12
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Hodgkinson
Gpl does have a length limit or is that what you meant?
that's what I meant, yes

S_C_J: I meant mod the rally game, not create rally stages for GPL/F1C. And point to point stages are sort of possible in GPL.

Last edited by pirenzo; 21 Jan 2005 at 22:15.
Old 21 Jan 2005, 23:32 (Ref:1206813)   #13
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah, sorry my mistake.
Old 21 Jan 2005, 23:34 (Ref:1206815)   #14
jason carter
Rookie

jason carter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the problem is that gamers today don't care about rallying! For most people their first experience of rallying is on the games console, followed by the television. I can't imagine casual gamers being willing to play a 20 minute stage because of its authenticity - no-one would buy it, apart from us....

And, at the end of the day, you could probably co-drive on a real stage rally for the £40 it cost you to buy the game! I know which I'd rather have....
Old 22 Jan 2005, 12:55 (Ref:1207099)   #15
the man
Veteran

the man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackmot
Network Q RAC Rally was a good game too
Yes that was a very good game and i liked the stages on it. Very long, twisty and the damage was good to. Not in the detail like today but how you could retire in the middle of the stage becuse your car was damaged too much. We just don't see that anymore on console or pc games. It is a shame
Old 22 Jan 2005, 13:25 (Ref:1207108)   #16
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ideal game would be British Rally 2005 - WRC cars, group N, tramca and gravel, and with a bit of artistic licence - snow.
Old 22 Jan 2005, 14:09 (Ref:1207139)   #17
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is it possible for someone to mod, say, CMR or RBR to have long stages, or certain cars like other games (F1C) etc?
Old 24 Jan 2005, 07:25 (Ref:1208354)   #18
Matt Lucas
Racer

Matt Lucas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Cut Jaguar
I guess the problem with putting long stages into F1C or GPL would be that they aren't circuits. I could be wrong but I doubt either game has provisions for point to point stages, sadly.
Not a problem in the F1 series of games. Nor is there a limit to circuit length. I currently have 72kms of Targa Florio in SCGT that i am trying to finish. I will then convert that to whatever the current ISI release is at the time - possibly rFactor v3 given how little time I have for these things these days.

Matt
Old 25 Jan 2005, 16:52 (Ref:1209692)   #19
P.Cummins
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
P.Cummins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My favourite rally game to date is "Rally Championship". Hopefully a proper rally game will be made soon.
Of course, I'm going on about this as much as I am about a hopefully new BTCC game.