Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 14 Dec 2007, 01:25 (Ref:2088343)   #1
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIP pete55

to all readers on this site this person who is in this name was peter traves and i just want to let you all no that peter will be no longer on this site for he past away on wensday nite due to a accicdent at work so to all readers that have spoken to pete we are all very sorry to his loss but if you are close to pete please contact me on hotmail at dittodean@hotmail.com im a close friend of the family and am helping out with things. thank you all for your time. r.i.p. peter traves.
Old 14 Dec 2007, 01:36 (Ref:2088344)   #2
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete55
to all readers on this site this person who is in this name was peter traves and i just want to let you all no that peter will be no longer on this site for he past away on wensday nite due to a accicdent at work so to all readers that have spoken to pete we are all very sorry to his loss but if you are close to pete please contact me on hotmail at dittodean@hotmail.com im a close friend of the family and am helping out with things. thank you all for your time. r.i.p. peter traves.
Very very sad news indeed.
RIP Peter
Old 14 Dec 2007, 01:42 (Ref:2088346)   #3
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIP pete55

The following was posted in the Ford rising stars thread.

Quote:
This is tragic news.
My sincere condolences to his family and loved ones.

RIP Peter.
Old 14 Dec 2007, 01:52 (Ref:2088350)   #4
MarkInTheStands
Racer

Australia
Lalor Park
MarkInTheStands should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sad News Indeed when anyone Passes.
Old 14 Dec 2007, 01:57 (Ref:2088353)   #5
Wrighty05
Veteran

Australia
Wrighty05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is very sad news. Have chatted to Pete on a few forums and have always respected his opinions. Pete loved motorsport. I would like to extend condolensces to his family and friends.
"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

RIP Peter Brock. 1945-2006
Old 14 Dec 2007, 02:04 (Ref:2088356)   #6
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oh my

My deepest sympathies to to his family and friends
Old 14 Dec 2007, 02:18 (Ref:2088364)   #7
FalconEL
Racer

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland
FalconEL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty05
That is very sad news. Have chatted to Pete on a few forums and have always respected his opinions. Pete loved motorsport. I would like to extend condolensces to his family and friends.
Agree 100% Wrighty05.

RIP Pete.
"I still can't spin the wheels all the way down the straight in high gear", Mark Donohue (The Unfair Advantage) commenting to the Porsche engineers on the 1100hp 1973 Can-Am Porsche 917-30 when asked whether the car has enough horsepower yet!!
Old 14 Dec 2007, 02:28 (Ref:2088371)   #8
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Be happy in that big hash house in the sky Pete, we will run together again one day. RIP
Old 14 Dec 2007, 02:32 (Ref:2088374)   #9
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This internet stuff... it's funny.

A name without a face in most instances... someone who you either agree with or disagree with... you can be benevolent, or angered/overjoyed to the limits of emotion by what these people say in a simple motorsport forum...

But hearing that sort of thing really makes these forums just a little bit more real. A family losing a father, brother, husband....etc, so close to christmas. Awfully tragic and horrific.

Althought the family will probably never see this, I pass on my sympathies to them and anyone on here and other forums that were close to him. Seemed like a level headed chap and no doubt will be missed by many.
Old 14 Dec 2007, 02:36 (Ref:2088377)   #10
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bloody hell! I enjoyed chatting wth Pete and actually figured i would probably get to meet him one day, we only live about 60km apart.

Thoughts are with his family.
Old 14 Dec 2007, 02:42 (Ref:2088382)   #11
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
far out, pete was a great contributer to this forum and will be missed in these pages, me and pete had some great discusions main one sticks out in my mind was in the 2008 driver movements threads and how far off i actually was with the thousands of lists i posted, i will get it right one day pete, it's a shame this should happen to end a life prematuarly and so close to christmas.

RIP pete, condolences to all family and friends.
Old 14 Dec 2007, 03:01 (Ref:2088387)   #12
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna05
This internet stuff... it's funny.

A name without a face in most instances... someone who you either agree with or disagree with... you can be benevolent, or angered/overjoyed to the limits of emotion by what these people say in a simple motorsport forum...

But hearing that sort of thing really makes these forums just a little bit more real. A family losing a father, brother, husband....etc, so close to christmas. Awfully tragic and horrific.

Althought the family will probably never see this, I pass on my sympathies to them and anyone on here and other forums that were close to him. Seemed like a level headed chap and no doubt will be missed by many.
Amen.

Couldnt put it any better myself so all i will say is condolences to all his friends & family.
Old 14 Dec 2007, 03:08 (Ref:2088390)   #13
Nivola
Racer

Nivola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rest In Peace Pete.

You will be missed by your Ten-Tenths family as much as your own.

Go and enjoy the racing up there.

Dont know what else to say.......................
Old 14 Dec 2007, 03:21 (Ref:2088394)   #14
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
R.I.P pete 55
Old 14 Dec 2007, 03:22 (Ref:2088395)   #15
stmorri
Veteran

stmorri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sad news. Condolences to family and friends. I will miss Pete's comtribution to this froum. The lesson here is to enjoy each others input and arguments to the fullest, lest it be taken away.
Old 14 Dec 2007, 03:31 (Ref:2088400)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We are all human type people behind our posting names.

At the end of the day, a tragic workplace accident took place with very sad consequences.

Having spoken to Pete a number of times via email, telephone and what have you... his passion was always there.. taking enjoyment from sharing what he knew, from dozens of contacts, about this motorsport caper.

Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this devastating time.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 14 Dec 2007, 03:31 (Ref:2088401)   #17
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
R.I.P pete
Old 14 Dec 2007, 03:40 (Ref:2088404)   #18
smokinJ
Racer

smokinJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wow all though I didn't know Pete. I loved reading his posts
I am shocked
this forum wont be the same with out him
Im sure he touched all of our lives

Jason
Old 14 Dec 2007, 03:44 (Ref:2088406)   #19
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What tragic news...you will be sadly missed on these forums...

...life is so precious...

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 14 Dec 2007, 03:48 (Ref:2088411)   #20
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
RIP Pete. Pete to me was some bugger that floated in and out of here, voicing his opinion on and off again and having a good old chin over MSN. He was a kind, nice bloke that would take time off for a chat. You will be sorely missed.
Old 14 Dec 2007, 04:28 (Ref:2088419)   #21
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bloody hell, sad news. RIP Pete!
Old 14 Dec 2007, 04:29 (Ref:2088420)   #22
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
one thing i always admired about pete was if he diagreed with your opinion and it turn into abit of a hard discusion it would never turn into an attack, and he would certainly always answer your questions to the best of his ability.
Old 14 Dec 2007, 04:45 (Ref:2088425)   #23
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
very sad news indeed.

Pete was a former member of staff here and a regular poster as we all know. he certainly knew his stuff and was one of the best contributors to this little board we all call home.

In his own way he enriched our lives with his wealth of knowledge weather we like to admit it or not.

People come and people go , its the way of the world but memories will always last forever !!

My condolences to Pete's family and friends may he rest in peace
Old 14 Dec 2007, 04:50 (Ref:2088429)   #24
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having spoken to Pete's partner Irene this afternoon I assure you that the family will be keeping an eye on this forum and will be reading your kind words. I spoke to Pete on the phone at least once a fortnight and he was so passionate about the sport we all chat about. RIP mate and I hope you get to sit and chat with your idol in the big house.
Old 14 Dec 2007, 05:35 (Ref:2088443)   #25
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shocking, horrible news.

Pete was one of the few consistently credible posters on the forum; I for one always found his comments well worth reading.