Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Mar 2003, 06:00 (Ref:529664)   #1
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thumbs Up to Channel 10

I think Channel 10 have proven to be the best motorsports provider in Australia at this point in time. Their dedication to motorsports in general is terrific, but their entire program over the weekend has been superb.

Crompo really knew what he was talking about during the coverage, and I think he and Woodsy were better than James Allen, although missing Brundle expertise was a let down.

Overall, the production was far superior to the Channel 9 coverage of the past few years. Now all 10 have to do is keep thier promise of not delaying the races too much, and if possible, show them live.
Old 9 Mar 2003, 06:03 (Ref:529667)   #2
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Totally agree, Woodsy and Crompton were great and no errors that I could tell. And its so nice to lose James Allen. Is this a constant thing or a one-off for the Australian GP? Please say we keep Woods and Crompton, pleeeeeeeeeeeease...
Old 9 Mar 2003, 06:05 (Ref:529672)   #3
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crompton was really good, but I think we're back to ITV feed for Malaysia, not sure though.

Hats off to C10, great job folks.
Old 9 Mar 2003, 06:05 (Ref:529673)   #4
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
But the crash by rubens? Where was the camera?
Old 9 Mar 2003, 06:11 (Ref:529683)   #5
Scott75
Veteran

Scott75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was turely the best F1 coverage I've scene for a loooonnnngggtime. Neil Crompton was absolutely superb. His knowledge of the sport was brilliant. Bill Woods was great as well. He actually surprised me how good he was. All in all a fantastic job by channel 10 and an awesome race to boot.
Old 9 Mar 2003, 06:16 (Ref:529690)   #6
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How on earth can you say that Crompton made no mistakes?
Every time he opened his mouth he was wrong!

They missed half the spins and crashes (Rubens and Morris in the V8s)

Crompton is the best that ten has but that is not saying much.
Old 9 Mar 2003, 06:25 (Ref:529700)   #7
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I thought they did a very good job , and the after race stuff was also very good , not like 9 who couldnt wait to get out of dodge as soon as the flag fell , channel 10 did a great job all weekend and i hope they keep it up.

I just a little bored before the race with constant stories about stuff that I would normally find interesting but as the race was getting closer I kept wanting to fast forward to the racing , but i taped the stories and little tid bits so i can watch them again in the next few days.

But well done to channel 10 on a fine efoort.
Old 9 Mar 2003, 06:55 (Ref:529714)   #8
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree totally, Crompton is amazing, he really knows what he is talking about, and the duo of him and Bill Woods compares to James Allen and Brundle.

I was a little annoyed at the pronounciation of Raikkonen, isnt it supposed to be Rye-kon-en and not Ray-kon-en? HELL! i also hear one of the women reviewing the event say Rack-on-en.

The camera views are not a problem, you cant seriously beleive that they can be on the most interesting car, all the time, on the right car, like a computer game?

Well done channel 10. And apparently, they will be commentating on all of the races all year.
Old 9 Mar 2003, 07:14 (Ref:529734)   #9
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not as bad as i thought it would be. Crompton wasn't too bad, and Bill Woods wasn't too bad for someone only there because Channel 10 are.

Why though did they dedicate so much time to the bloody V8s though? Already bad enough they'll delay the Malaysian GP for Adelaide.

And why oh why did they let Matthew White and Greg Rust loose to call the Celebrity Race and Carrera Cup races? Neither have a great knowledge of it. The best one was Rust (and Woods) constantly referring to Nations Cup as 'production cars'.

Improvement can be made, but not bad for a first effort.
Old 9 Mar 2003, 07:36 (Ref:529750)   #10
True Believer
Racer

True Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So #10 should sell Crompton to ITV in exchange for a Crompton/Brundle ITV broadcast
Old 9 Mar 2003, 07:46 (Ref:529758)   #11
Suddy
Rookie

Suddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Ten. 16.5 hours of Quality motorsport coverage.Now Ive got serious square eyes
Old 9 Mar 2003, 08:06 (Ref:529766)   #12
rpolinski
Racer

Australia
rpolinski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty good overall. My only complaints were going to a comercial break just as Kimi was coming out from his pitstop and having to wait to see if he came out ahead of MS, joining the podium mid-anthem ala Ch9 and can't wait for Malaysia for the return of Louise's retirement interviews. Commentary not too bad but bring on Brundle.
Old 9 Mar 2003, 08:27 (Ref:529771)   #13
Morris 1100
Veteran

What about when Monty spun and "completely missed" the Fosters sign when in fact he hit it!

There were lots of mistakes and errors from the comentary team but most viewers are too uninformed to see them.
Old 9 Mar 2003, 08:29 (Ref:529773)   #14
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There are always mistakes during commentary. They have to commentate at a split second. I think they were very good, far superior to Darrell and Alan.
Old 9 Mar 2003, 08:40 (Ref:529776)   #15
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about where Woods started on about how team orders where banned and pretty much said 'i wonder if McLaren will make DC move over for Kimi if he gets into 2nd place to give him his first F1 victory'.

There are mistakes in commentary but there is a difference between mistakes and unprofessionality (if that is a word). I'll agree though, probably better than Daz and AJ.
Old 9 Mar 2003, 09:07 (Ref:529787)   #16
Morris 1100
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
There are always mistakes during commentary. They have to commentate at a split second. I think they were very good, far superior to Darrell and Alan.
We all know that there are going to be errors but you can not blame the Montoya one on a split second judgement when it happend during an ad break and when they came back they told us what happend before it was shown and still got it wrong!

They were far superior than Darrell and Alan......
Because Darrell and Alan never did the commentary!
They were the hosts and did the introductions (very badly) but they left the commentary to others.
Old 9 Mar 2003, 09:16 (Ref:529793)   #17
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was impressed with the job Crompton did for his first race, especially when you consider the amount of stuff taking place in the first 8 laps. I was screaming at him when he totally diregarded Juan taking 8 secs out of Shumi's lead in 2 laps but hey, he was a little excited.
His interviews with the BAR technical staff and mechanics was excellent and very informative .
Old 9 Mar 2003, 09:19 (Ref:529796)   #18
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
A good job over all even after the race we got to see a few drivers opinion . Crompton should go over a few old tape to find out that Mac have BIG tanks. but for the first time for F1 coverage very impressed
Old 9 Mar 2003, 10:21 (Ref:529844)   #19
Bomn
Veteran

Australia
Bomn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Matthew White Quote of the meeting;
"Here's the grid for the celebrity race, I wonder how many cars there are."

Last edited by Bomn; 9 Mar 2003 at 10:22.
Old 9 Mar 2003, 10:44 (Ref:529867)   #20
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I loved them - didn't miss the ITV team at all, least of all Big Bird Goodman. I felt the Channel 10 guys gave us a better feel of what was going on inside the cars, what the drivers were experiencing. Great effort - hope they can get these two guys to all F1 races.
Old 9 Mar 2003, 11:02 (Ref:529881)   #21
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Crompton was good as he knew thing about the machines and could ask good questions. The time 10 gave the weekend was very good, never seemed rushed which was nice. Apart from that I would like to hav the ITV guys back for the rest of the year.

Last edited by D.R.T.; 9 Mar 2003 at 11:04.
Old 9 Mar 2003, 11:03 (Ref:529885)   #22
angus987
Rookie

angus987 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought they were much better than 9. I did miss AJ's inyaface style though. Would love to se Crompo and AJ in the chair together, but hey what a race huh?
Old 9 Mar 2003, 11:46 (Ref:529920)   #23
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh come on guys... I was actually hoping AJ and Darrel would be doing it again this year because there was always a chance that AJ would eventually get that fed up with Darryl 'Beefcake' he'd strangle him on air. Seriously, last year in some of the commentary you could not possibly miss that AJ was seething at some of the stuff Darryl would say.
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.