Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 20 Mar 2018, 15:36 (Ref:3809398)   #3276
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Seen nothing announced but the word on the street a few months back was that Mountune would be having no further involvement with BMR. Of course paid debts and cash up front for this year may have changed that.

Gut feeling: Swindon engine. The Subaru lower centre of gravity was annulled so unless the engine has a performance advantage why throw money at it's continued development? Subaru won't care, 90% of BTCC spectators won't have a clue what's under the bonnet and simply assume it's a souped up version of the road cars engine.
Old 20 Mar 2018, 15:40 (Ref:3809400)   #3277
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
https://twitter.com/teambmrracing/st...690678272?s=21

Adrian Flux back with BMR but I couldn't find any mention of a third car / driver...

(or, according to this tweet, Adrian Fux...)
Remember that Adrian Flux didn't sponsor all 4 cars last year - 3 were Flux, 1 was A-Plan.

Guessing that it will be a 2-car Adrian Flux Racing team, and the third car will be run as a separate sponsor/team.
Old 20 Mar 2018, 15:40 (Ref:3809401)   #3278
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Glad Butcher is in, a full season will show what he can do
Old 20 Mar 2018, 15:46 (Ref:3809403)   #3279
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Seen nothing announced but the word on the street a few months back was that Mountune would be having no further involvement with BMR. Of course paid debts and cash up front for this year may have changed that.
Was the intake manifold that had to have special dispensation part of the Mountune Engine?
Old 20 Mar 2018, 15:48 (Ref:3809405)   #3280
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Remember that Adrian Flux didn't sponsor all 4 cars last year - 3 were Flux, 1 was A-Plan.

Guessing that it will be a 2-car Adrian Flux Racing team, and the third car will be run as a separate sponsor/team.
Is there a chance that the driver of this third car (if it appears) will be a massive shock that no one saw coming until Media Day?
Old 20 Mar 2018, 15:49 (Ref:3809406)   #3281
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Was the intake manifold that had to have special dispensation part of the Mountune Engine?
Yes.
The thing is though, do Mountune actually own the engines (and if so, have they got them back)? or did BMR buy them outright (and just owe Mountune for rebuilds & development)?
If BMR own the engines, they could be sent to any engine builder for a re-fresh & be re-used this season...
Old 20 Mar 2018, 16:03 (Ref:3809408)   #3282
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:

Adrian Flux back with BMR but I couldn't find any mention of a third car / driver...
Perhaps they've revived their Jaguar XE programme?

'Team BMR will run four Levorg’s in 2016 after an attempt to run a brace of Jaguar XE’s fell through after issues with weight and modifications to the cars aluminium chassis.'
Old 20 Mar 2018, 16:22 (Ref:3809415)   #3283
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Is there a chance that the driver of this third car (if it appears) will be a massive shock that no one saw coming until Media Day?
I think that would depend on whether Josh Price returning would be a shock (massive or otherwise!)

I'm told that's a possibility, no ink has been used etc.
Old 20 Mar 2018, 17:23 (Ref:3809436)   #3284
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post

even of the 3 Adrian Flux cars, one had TicketMaster in place of Flux logos, so essentially they were sponsoring 2 cars

Last edited by btccbloke; 20 Mar 2018 at 17:34.
Old 20 Mar 2018, 17:30 (Ref:3809439)   #3285
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Looks like #AdrianFuxInsurance is not trending yet - where are all the JP fans?

If Adrian Fux is a new driver for BMR, the commentators had better go careful to avoid innuendo during the season!

Oh for flux sake! Don’t you remember Ian?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 20 Mar 2018, 18:32 (Ref:3809458)   #3286
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://twitter.com/mattjsalisbury/s...276305922?s=21

It's that time again!

Obviously we know one already, but looks like we might get a couple of livery reveals? Either that or a team announcing they're running an extra car...

Thanks Matt!
Old 20 Mar 2018, 18:45 (Ref:3809464)   #3287
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Interesting that Ash Sutton has been testing a Holden down under.
Old 20 Mar 2018, 18:49 (Ref:3809465)   #3288
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bmw livery reveal tomorrow.
Old 20 Mar 2018, 18:50 (Ref:3809466)   #3289
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
Quote:
...but looks like we might get a couple of livery reveals?
https://twitter.com/official_wsr/sta...726656002?s=21
Old 20 Mar 2018, 19:51 (Ref:3809481)   #3290
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
https://twitter.com/mattjsalisbury/s...276305922?s=21

It's that time again!

Obviously we know one already, but looks like we might get a couple of livery reveals? Either that or a team announcing they're running an extra car...

Thanks Matt!
I'd take a guess at one driver, plus WSR and Adrian Flux/K&N liveries.
Old 20 Mar 2018, 20:10 (Ref:3809488)   #3291
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCR View Post
Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but Aiden Moffat is doing TCR UK this year... http://www.brscc.co.uk/dpe-motorspor...eo-team-tcr-uk
That may be wishful thinking on the part of the BRSCC, as Moffat later said that he had talked to the team but hadn't signed a contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Yes.
The thing is though, do Mountune actually own the engines (and if so, have they got them back)? or did BMR buy them outright (and just owe Mountune for rebuilds & development)?
If BMR own the engines, they could be sent to any engine builder for a re-fresh & be re-used this season...
Mountune own the engines, and BMR leased them for the season. I believe Mountune has now been paid, thanks to a certain driver who probably now has a charge on some farmland in Hertfordshire.
Old 21 Mar 2018, 08:03 (Ref:3809550)   #3292
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well that AMD news came out of nowhere
Old 21 Mar 2018, 08:13 (Ref:3809551)   #3293
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Interesting that Ash Sutton has been testing a Holden down under.
What a great endorsement for the BTCC. Mega driver.
Old 21 Mar 2018, 08:18 (Ref:3809553)   #3294
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to have Butcher in AMD MG. He showed a good speed last season and is a great addition to the field. Fortunately, the second MG seat is not wasted for a dull paydriver.
Unfortunately the signing of Butcher almost confirms that there'll be no Whorton-Eales in the BTCC and personally I think it's a shame.
Old 21 Mar 2018, 08:34 (Ref:3809556)   #3295
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
Can't say I'm a fan of the newer BMW liveries but for me this improves on last year -

https://twitter.com/dunlopbtcc/statu...128766464?s=21

Looks like AJ's will be matte blue -

https://twitter.com/andrewjordan77/s...340151296?s=21
Old 21 Mar 2018, 09:07 (Ref:3809563)   #3296
Robin Marriott
Veteran

So AWE confirmed for Mini Challenge with Jamsport this year. A shame, but it’s a totally different ballpark for the budget!
Old 21 Mar 2018, 09:08 (Ref:3809564)   #3297
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Also, I’m pretty sure the Jamsport cars are the ones Eurotech ran last year so maybe they’re dropping the Minis to concentrate on BTCC more
Old 21 Mar 2018, 09:17 (Ref:3809568)   #3298
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMW livery looks much better than last year's, seems to flow more and I'm glad they got rid of all the disjointed colours on the front bumper.

Funny as it was the same with the grey eBay livery, the second season's attempt looked better.

As for AJ's matt livery, just following the fashion (chrome seems to have been dumped in favour of matt/satin in a few series) or signalling a closer relationship with Red Bull?!
Old 21 Mar 2018, 09:39 (Ref:3809570)   #3299
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame that AWE won't be in BTCC this year but hopefully in the near future.
When it comes to BMW livery, I liked last year's one and I do like this year's one as well. Great that they run factory BMW colours.
I'm curious about AJ's livery but this chrome looked awesome and for me there's no reason to change it. But maybe it will be something new and great.
Old 21 Mar 2018, 09:40 (Ref:3809571)   #3300
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLiTZ View Post
or signalling a closer relationship with Red Bull?!
That would be sick.