Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 Jul 2016, 20:22 (Ref:3657544)   #76
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
This will be brilliant thanks Max
Old 7 Jul 2016, 21:18 (Ref:3657554)   #77
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Looking forward to it! All being well I'll have a couple of kids' karts and Mini MM's senior chassis on display. Not "historic" but may be of interest to youngsters wanting to get into racing.
Have you got one in Grass track spec. for big kids to play with Max?

(After hours of course .......)

Just dreaming ......

And just thinking about the show name - "Historic" is not mentioned. You are in the clear!
Old 9 Jul 2016, 19:41 (Ref:3657849)   #78
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No. Speaking from experience that would be a *terrible* idea.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Old 14 Jul 2016, 07:09 (Ref:3658771)   #79
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What's catering arrangements for Saturday night? Is there a BBQ and if so do I need to bring contributions? Or is it a pay job to raise funds? I have beer and tinned food on board at all times of course!

Old 14 Jul 2016, 08:26 (Ref:3658779)   #80
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Yep BBQ, Just bring your selves Max.
Old 14 Jul 2016, 17:13 (Ref:3658843)   #81
midgetman
Veteran

Pay bar I presume? It's only me coming, MiniMM is testing at Forest with us then going on to Snetterton next morning, and Mrs MM is tooting her flute in the band or summat. So I can be as outrageous as I like
Old 15 Jul 2016, 12:51 (Ref:3658945)   #82
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Just want to wish the show all success and hope everyone has a great time. I always have when attended in previous years!

Looks like I will be in the w/shop, underneath my VoVo at least one day of the w/end fitting a new rear brake caliper, as I was welcomed by a pool of fluid on the garage floor when arrived home from LMC.....
Old 15 Jul 2016, 23:39 (Ref:3658995)   #83
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
seconded, looks like you will have the best of the weather, hope you raise loads of dosh. Sorry I can't be with you but I'm spanners at Brands both days.
Old 16 Jul 2016, 07:47 (Ref:3659021)   #84
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I hope you have the helipad and security in place for my arrival, and please keep the screaming fans away from me !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 16 Jul 2016, 08:44 (Ref:3659030)   #85
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Sorry I wont be there now, I have a bit of sciatica starting again and don't think the drive will do me a lot of good. Hope you all have a good time and raise lots of dosh
Old 17 Jul 2016, 18:59 (Ref:3659243)   #86
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great day today. Iain had organised splendid weather and there seemed to be an excellent turn-out I hope lots of money was raised.

We did the Maharajah's Tour in the Lancia Integrale, with the whole family aboard, and for the first time we made it round the whole course before youngsters' enthusiasm wained (well it did wain a bit, but we were close enough to the finish to get away with pushing on!). Lovely route, some nice flowing roads, with some great scenery, a bit less of the high-hedged single-track of previous years. We really enjoyed it, and as we got every answer we presume that there should be some sort of massive prize heading our way!!!

Mrs is talking about ceding the navigator role to young Emily next year ... which would be a shame because Mrs is dead good at it ... never a wrong turn ... and that despite having to convert every distance into km for me!

Great work Iain, all the helpers, the Craven MC, etc. Roll on 2017.

James
Old 17 Jul 2016, 19:26 (Ref:3659252)   #87
midgetman
Veteran

The usual fantastic day out, I really enjoyed myself again. I've got some pics, I'll try and post them through my phone now.

As an aside, where on earth does Iain get his energy from? I was wilting and I only did the one day!

Old 18 Jul 2016, 12:03 (Ref:3659388)   #88
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A good day had by all, hopefully lots of money raised.

A few photos from the event
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0188.jpg   IMG_0181.jpg   IMG_0183.jpg  

IMG_0180.jpg   IMG_0196.jpg   IMG_0197.jpg  

Old 18 Jul 2016, 12:06 (Ref:3659389)   #89
Alan Crook
Veteran

And a few more
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0198.jpg   IMG_0199.jpg   IMG_0200.jpg  

IMG_0201.jpg   IMG_0203.jpg   IMG_0195.jpg  

Old 18 Jul 2016, 15:16 (Ref:3659417)   #90
Alan Crook
Veteran

Last few photos
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0177.jpg   IMG_0178.jpg   IMG_0182.jpg  

IMG_0184.jpg   IMG_0185.jpg   IMG_0187.jpg  

Old 18 Jul 2016, 19:38 (Ref:3659458)   #91
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great pictures Alan! They really capture the spirit of the event. I always describe it as a "village fete with cars". It's low-key and laid-back but there are surprises around every corner.

I think Gordon and Sue enjoyed their first camping experience for many years as well, despite being rudely awoken at 06:00 by the explosion from the final demolition of the Didcot power station. The Larkins was also much appreciated!
Old 18 Jul 2016, 21:06 (Ref:3659472)   #92
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Finished clearing the field by midday. I then always have a few moments reflecting on how the field looked a day earlier, this year with over 300 cars, Church stalls, beer tents,cake's stands and of coarse some amazing cars.
This year we everything from a model T Ford too brand new Lamborghini.We had a couple of hick ups, just about to open the show at mid day and Brendan the local vicar turns up and I then get a message from one of the mums that the power has gone off bring down the P A system as well. "keep calm". Rush of to my neighbors who let me plug in the 240 volt cable "not in " and all locked up. My mate drives down to the village too their house and returns with key then quick fuse change tell the girl's they can only run one tea urn and we are back in action.
Things went smoothly from then on, apart from the local fire engine getting called out just after they had cut the roof of an Audi we had at the workshop ready to be scrapped.
. The sun shone and the beer got sold out along with all the cakes.This year I was promoting getting stated in motor sport and Max and Gordon did some great interviews so thanks for that guys.
I did want to interview Alan and Fay about getting into marshaling but time ran out,partly because they shot of to the pub. We cant thank you and all the marshals enough I can only repay I hope at the Classic with the BBQ.
Each year I just think the show will not any better but somehow it does. Thank you all who attended and roll on 2017.
Old 18 Jul 2016, 22:03 (Ref:3659477)   #93
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Brilliant weekend Iain, it was worth driving along the M25 carpark for 3hrs to get there!!! Sue said "the earth moved for her" at 6am on Sunday morning ! and I thought that I hadn't lost my touch, only to find it was what Alan was referring to
The weather held out to make a very good show with some amazing cars and things to look at and chat to people. I don't know how Iain has all that energy (I could have done with him and some jumper leads on Saturday night in the tent !!!!!! )
We drove back to a mates place in Haddenham afterwards and had a meal then drove back to Tonbridge in 1hr 20mins, (now awaiting the speeding fines) Off to Spain for a while to cool down as it's too hot in the UK at this moment
PS I hope you finished the Larkins ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 20 Jul 2016, 21:17 (Ref:3659834)   #94
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Gordon any sign of the DVD .??? How long is shelf like on the beer . The boys back at work are still drinking 😄😄😄
Old 21 Jul 2016, 11:54 (Ref:3659906)   #95
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Max spots the paparazzi ...
Attached Thumbnails
750px_MAX_SR&NMotorSportDay__2016-07-17_ONED4278.jpg  
Old 21 Jul 2016, 15:46 (Ref:3659951)   #96
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Who's the geezer with his back to the camera- wearing a shirt WITH COLLAR!
Old 21 Jul 2016, 16:11 (Ref:3659959)   #97
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Who's the geezer with his back to the camera- wearing a shirt WITH COLLAR!
Judging by the cap he looks like an international jet-setter.
Old 21 Jul 2016, 16:29 (Ref:3659964)   #98
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Ahh, one of the super rich......
Old 21 Jul 2016, 23:28 (Ref:3660041)   #99
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Ahh, one of the super rich......
The F1 at Monaco 2016 gives that away!

Old 21 Jul 2016, 23:35 (Ref:3660042)   #100
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Something I've just stumbled across on the H&H Auctions web site and I thought it might appeal to people here.

They recently sold what was left of the original Costin Nathan prototype for something over £80k including commission, etc.

Roger Nathan was at the sale and was interviewed at the time and video was running during the auction to catch his reactions.

He tells the story of the car's final preparation and launch day and of racing and beating the Abarth's in France.

A lovely few minutes of video for a tea break.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYkQUoQ6J9U

That should be it.

If not go to the H&H web site and the link should be available from there.