Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Mar 2018, 09:55 (Ref:3809576)   #51
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whatever way you look at it, basically Liberty do not have a worthwhile product to market at present at least. This venture is going to cost a king's ransom to get up and running with no foreseeable profit to be made.
Old 21 Mar 2018, 14:50 (Ref:3809636)   #52
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i certainly dont look at it that way.
Old 22 Mar 2018, 09:31 (Ref:3809826)   #53
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://i.imgur.com/gzzF0ah.png

looks like Liberty didn't get the 1714 memo that the Spanish had been defeated, and no longer rule over Belgium
Old 22 Mar 2018, 09:59 (Ref:3809837)   #54
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The OTT service will now not be introduced until later in the season
Old 22 Mar 2018, 15:58 (Ref:3809927)   #55
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thought you might like to see how we watched live coverage at the track-side - Silverstone GP 1985.
Attached Thumbnails
Old School Fans.jpg  
Old 22 Mar 2018, 16:04 (Ref:3809929)   #56
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A bit light on the refreshment side!
Old 23 Mar 2018, 17:26 (Ref:3810197)   #57
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Thought you might like to see how we watched live coverage at the track-side - Silverstone GP 1985.

Which one are you?
Old 23 Mar 2018, 17:49 (Ref:3810203)   #58
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm behind the camera.
Old 10 May 2018, 20:46 (Ref:3821381)   #59
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have an account with Formula1.com and I just got an e-mail saying, if I sign up to the F1 TV Access package I will get 10% off, which translates at £0.86 per race.
Old 10 May 2018, 22:58 (Ref:3821406)   #60
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Already signed up, cheaper than adding ESPN to my streaming service and I don't watch much else they offer and no DVR on ESPN channels on SlingTV it seems. 90 bucks US all in full season, already watched the Bahrain GP and great quality on the laptop so I'm thinking money well spent here with on demand replays.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Old 11 May 2018, 11:24 (Ref:3821480)   #61
Tja
Racer

Tja should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So did anyone get the chance to give it a try? I tried to watch the first 30 minutes of FP1 and the stream spent most of the time initializing and buffering. Just an issue on my side or a general problem?
Old 11 May 2018, 11:37 (Ref:3821482)   #62
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Same here. Onboards seemed to be better than the general feed but not great eitehr.

Teething issues, I hope.
Old 11 May 2018, 14:27 (Ref:3821507)   #63
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
not my personal feedback, as I didn't subscribed yet, but similar feedback from Romania .. so it's not country specific

Ciao Marco
Old 11 May 2018, 14:50 (Ref:3821510)   #64
Dave_G
Racer

United States
Vermont, USA
Dave_G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was horrible. I tried watching FP2 and it was mostly 90 minutes of buffering. FWIW, the French, German, and Spanish language feeds were better than the English language feed, but even they had problems.

The in-car cameras worked fine, but who wants to watch an entire race on in-car cameras?

It looks like they didn't really have any idea how much bandwidth they would need before they went live with this thing. I do hope they can remedy that before tomorrow.

BTW, the replay of FP1 was perfectly smooth, so it's only the live stream that is having issues.
Old 11 May 2018, 15:07 (Ref:3821513)   #65
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It looks like they didn't really have any idea how much bandwidth they would need before they went live with this thing. I do hope they can remedy that before tomorrow.
Which is not surprising with them having launched only the day before and therefore not knowing how many subscribers. This was all a bit tight in terms of timelines. I wonder whether they should have done a soft launch with limiting access to (randomly chosen) early adopters. That is typically best practices nowadays.
Old 11 May 2018, 15:17 (Ref:3821514)   #66
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempi View Post
I wonder whether they should have done a soft launch with limiting access to (randomly chosen) early adopters. That is typically best practices nowadays.
So I don't follow this topic much, but I have heard anecdotally that the difficulty in launch something like this is that if built from scratch, those who are doing this typically just don't know what they are doing when compared to those who do it well. That conceptually it is simple, but in practice it is more complex. Everyone goes in very optimistic that it will work as expected and then reality sets in.

I think I have read that the "right" way to do this is to not go it alone, but to partner with someone who already has experience and is already streaming a large amount of content. My guess is that if they are having problems now, it may be a long road ahead to get it straightened out. Lots of "on the job training" and "school of hard knocks" going on.

Richard
Old 11 May 2018, 20:23 (Ref:3821564)   #67
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tja View Post
So did anyone get the chance to give it a try? I tried to watch the first 30 minutes of FP1 and the stream spent most of the time initializing and buffering. Just an issue on my side or a general problem?
Ran like a champ here on a SLOW office network and no buffering at all on my phone. Desktop ran fine in Chrome on my phone without any buffering for FP2 this morning here in the US.

Old 11 May 2018, 21:27 (Ref:3821569)   #68
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
the worst part is, here in Belgium, it uses the rtbf-commentary. so basically, you pay F1 for what rtbf provides us for free. shame.
Old 11 May 2018, 22:42 (Ref:3821582)   #69
alan1302
Racer

England
Doncaster, UK
alan1302 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I think I have read that the "right" way to do this is to not go it alone, but to partner with someone who already has experience and is already streaming a large amount of content. My guess is that if they are having problems now, it may be a long road ahead to get it straightened out. Lots of "on the job training" and "school of hard knocks" going on.
Very few companies can do it without partnering with anyone and F1 use Tata Communications to do it for them. A quick look on Wikipedia and they help transfer around 24% of the data on the internet so certainly know what they are doing.
Old 11 May 2018, 23:21 (Ref:3821585)   #70
Tja
Racer

Tja should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Ran like a champ here on a SLOW office network and no buffering at all on my phone. Desktop ran fine in Chrome on my phone without any buffering for FP2 this morning here in the US.

I tuned in to FP2 for only a short period of time this afternoon and it was s lot better here too. The stream started pretty much straight away and didn't buffer. Let's hope the race will look like this as well...
I guess qualifying will be the first proper test for the service.
Old 11 May 2018, 23:48 (Ref:3821591)   #71
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan1302 View Post
Very few companies can do it without partnering with anyone and F1 use Tata Communications to do it for them. A quick look on Wikipedia and they help transfer around 24% of the data on the internet so certainly know what they are doing.
I looked at Wikipedia and they do have a lot of infrastructure, but that doesn’t mean they will be naturally good at streaming. The OTT PaaS solution mentioned is likely what F1 using. It would be interesting to know who else is using Tata for this.

Richard
Old 12 May 2018, 10:10 (Ref:3821642)   #72
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
I'm getting this error now:

Quote:
You've reached the maximum number of concurrent streams on your account.
To watch F1 TV on this device, please stop watching on one of your other devices
this has me worried, since I can not do this. I can not watch the stream on any other device than my home pc, for the moment. and you have to give them your credit card details...
Old 12 May 2018, 11:45 (Ref:3821673)   #73
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel82 View Post

this has me worried, since I can not do this. I can not watch the stream on any other device than my home pc, for the moment. and you have to give them your credit card details...
Login and change your password just in case your account has been compromised and then see if that allows you to resume streaming?

Richard
Old 12 May 2018, 12:36 (Ref:3821689)   #74
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel82 View Post

yeah .. heard about this too
you have to logout from the device(mobile, tablet etc) you were using previosly

Ciao Marco
Old 12 May 2018, 19:18 (Ref:3821801)   #75
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
It's 170 euros per year in France? I had an email for this streaming too. Glad I didn't take it then..