Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Feb 2015, 01:09 (Ref:3507886)   #851
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
but first rate if you want to watch every event live including every session including supports
Sports on a 480p stream isn't first rate at all. It is first world prices for a third world quality service - significantly worse than ANY of the other commercial IP offerings, and really I do not see any good reason for it.

The cricket streaming is fecking fantastic, and this is more tricky than motorsports to look good on a stream. Plus it is only $30 for the season!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
To lose the satellite signal on Foxtel it has to be very very heavy rain and even then unless it is a biblical event it lasts about as long as an ad break. If you are losing signal in overcast weather get your dish calibrated.
Those who have it beg to differ, but could be a noisy minority.

Last edited by Mixer; 23 Feb 2015 at 01:26.
Old 23 Feb 2015, 05:16 (Ref:3507924)   #852
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
To lose the satellite signal on Foxtel it has to be very very heavy rain and even then unless it is a biblical event it lasts about as long as an ad break. If you are losing signal in overcast weather get your dish calibrated.

To say Australians are use to getting sport broadcast free is something of a myth.

Can anyone tell me the last time every V8 race was broadcast in it's entirety on FTA? What about F1 races? Or every AFL and NRL match?

The current deal certainly means FTA loses a little bit compared to last year but no one can deny that the new deal will show more than has ever been broadcast in the past for those that want it.
I have a dish and my experience matches what is said here.Mostly drop out occurs during the severe sort of electrical storms you should be disconnecting your aerial for anyway.
Old 23 Feb 2015, 05:43 (Ref:3507926)   #853
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
If they dont have access it because they have made a choice even those who claim they cant afford it
Claim they cant afford it???? I am not sure you have a full appreciation of the economic climate some families in Australia live in.
Old 23 Feb 2015, 06:14 (Ref:3507931)   #854
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Claim they cant afford it???? I am not sure you have a full appreciation of the economic climate some families in Australia live in.
In a climate where the government is shafting low income earners, electricty prices have increased by 400% in the last couple of years... Lowest income earners are in more mortgage stress than ever... Highest rate of electricity disconnections on record... She'll be right mate.
Old 23 Feb 2015, 06:48 (Ref:3507933)   #855
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
I guess then those poor battlers can sit there and watch the best ever FTA package the Clipsal 500 has ever had, assuming they still have power to run their TV or even a TV,

And in the races that statistically they dont watch they will just have too do with a highlights package. so be in, Its not like they can afford the sponsors products anyway
Old 23 Feb 2015, 06:56 (Ref:3507934)   #856
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Pecky- that post says so much
Old 23 Feb 2015, 07:08 (Ref:3507939)   #857
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Thanks Pecky- that post says so much
finally satisfied.

Im not sure where the sense of self-entitlement to every race live on FTA came from.
Old 23 Feb 2015, 12:16 (Ref:3508006)   #858
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh dear, some very out of touch comments in this thread

V8Supercars used to be touted as the 'heartland' sport, now apparently according to one poster the "poor battlers" who "Its not like they can afford the sponsors products anyway" just should suck it up and get over it it seems....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer
In a climate where the government is shafting low income earners, electricty prices have increased by 400% in the last couple of years... Lowest income earners are in more mortgage stress than ever... Highest rate of electricity disconnections on record... She'll be right mate.
That demographic are likely a hefty part of the fanbase for the past 30 years...
Old 23 Feb 2015, 20:49 (Ref:3508131)   #859
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Oh dear, some very out of touch comments in this thread

V8Supercars used to be touted as the 'heartland' sport, now apparently according to one poster the "poor battlers" who "Its not like they can afford the sponsors products anyway" just should suck it up and get over it it seems....

That demographic are likely a hefty part of the fanbase for the past 30 years...
just so i am clear, "Heartland" means "poor battler"? and based on the 12 hour thread "heartland" means "bogan"

I don't think its me that is out of touch on who v8 fans are

and while they are at it, why don't V8S give out free tvs to the poor. will that make you bleeding hearts happy.

my goodness how self entitled we have become

everyone with a tv who can access ch ten still has access, just the coverage will be different

Last edited by peckstar; 23 Feb 2015 at 21:13.
Old 24 Feb 2015, 07:05 (Ref:3508272)   #860
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
just so i am clear, "Heartland" means "poor battler"? and based on the 12 hour thread "heartland" means "bogan"

and while they are at it, why don't V8S give out free tvs to the poor. will that make you bleeding hearts happy.

everyone with a tv who can access ch ten still has access, just the coverage will be different
'poor battler' were your words, and the 12hr has nothing to do with this conversation.
Old 24 Feb 2015, 07:08 (Ref:3508274)   #861
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Planet peckstar, where the inhabitants have lost the plot.
Old 24 Feb 2015, 07:16 (Ref:3508277)   #862
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Or never posessed it in the first place
Old 24 Feb 2015, 09:20 (Ref:3508311)   #863
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
'poor battler' were your words, and the 12hr has nothing to do with this conversation.
let the poor eat cake and porsche fans can continue sip their cask chardonnay

mean while everyone , who has electricty, can watch the best ever clipsal coverage their has ever been

and everyone can watch v8s every weekend they are on

and the dole bludgers and those that choose to get foxtel can watch every session live
Old 24 Feb 2015, 09:24 (Ref:3508313)   #864
William5
Racer

William5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark Howard is heading off to Adelaide.
Old 25 Feb 2015, 19:35 (Ref:3508948)   #865
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Speedcafe's infographic on the TV for this weekend: http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/02/25/...works-in-2015/
Old 26 Feb 2015, 00:10 (Ref:3509053)   #866
Mixer
Veteran

So Foxtelites, does the Series Link work for the V8 races?

Looks to me like today's coverage is split into about 44 pieces which I have to record individually?

Before you ask, its my step-dad's house... But the IQ box interface is horrid.
Old 26 Feb 2015, 00:22 (Ref:3509058)   #867
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sensible and rational article from Peter McKay on Drive.com.au re the expected decrease in TV viewer numbers with the new TV deal.
Old 26 Feb 2015, 01:07 (Ref:3509078)   #868
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
ha ha, anyone else surprised that McKay drew this conclusion. NOT!
Old 26 Feb 2015, 01:18 (Ref:3509082)   #869
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's see we have the Fox broadcast team, the Ten broadcast team and the V8 supercar broadcast team.

in the Fox team we have Mr Ingall and Mr Skaife, along with Jessica Yates plus another couple of news reporters.

The Ten broadcast team has Mark Larkham, Mark Webber, Mat White and Rick Kelly.

the V8 Supercar broadcast team has Neil Crompton, Greg Rust and in the pit lane Greg Murphy and Riana Crehan and in the pits Chad Neylon and Kylie King.

Little bit of overkill one thinks.

If the racing is boring the hive of activity with the pit lane reporters should keep us enthralled for hours. We could have a replay of the various reporters colliding with each other while jostling for spots to interview Roland Dane or Tim Edwards!

One would have thought Foxtel would have done the entire package and given a edited package to Ten to replay for us non paying plebs.

Certainly some dollars and egos tied up in this venture!
Old 26 Feb 2015, 01:39 (Ref:3509091)   #870
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
So Foxtelites, does the Series Link work for the V8 races?
Not with the programming split into chunks with different titles like that. If you want the whole day you'd be better to record it using the date/time via Setup, Manual Recording.

Still can understand why they've done it that way. Gives the ability to record just the bits you want ie: races.

Old 26 Feb 2015, 01:46 (Ref:3509097)   #871
old fart
Racer

Australia
a racetrack -wish it was Mt Panorama.
old fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridold fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
ha ha, anyone else surprised that McKay drew this conclusion. NOT!
Pecky,

Have you read the article?-I have and it IS a well considered and interesting article.
Let's forget the perceived animosity that surrounds the author and Supercars (as well as that of some contributors to this forum) and look at the article in a rational manner.
If you want to talk about predictable scribing just have a look at James Phelps and yourself !

Bottom line is that fta coverage is down thus from a potential sponsor viewpoint so will exposure to the masses and that is a very big issue.
Old 26 Feb 2015, 03:55 (Ref:3509113)   #872
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by old fart View Post
Pecky,

Bottom line is that fta coverage is down thus from a potential sponsor viewpoint so will exposure to the masses and that is a very big issue.
Is exposure to potential masses down. No evidence yet. So far it is up on last
year (at there stage last year there had been no coverage on FTA or pay, where as this year there has been)

Every race is on FTA so at this stage there is no evidence of exposure being down.

There is an argument that exposure may increase
Old 26 Feb 2015, 04:17 (Ref:3509114)   #873
old fart
Racer

Australia
a racetrack -wish it was Mt Panorama.
old fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridold fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
year (at there stage last year there had been no coverage on FTA or pay, where as this year there has been)

Every race is on FTA so at this stage there is no evidence of exposure being down.

From your evasive answer I would have to assume that YOU HAVE NOT READ THE ARTICLE-yes or no ?
Old 26 Feb 2015, 04:39 (Ref:3509118)   #874
djr81
Racer

djr81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

So that argument is sustainable until when - maybe round 2 of the championship? Maybe.

Every race is not on FTA. A limited highlights package is going to be on FTA for most rounds. Which will please nobody who has a genuine interest in the series and attract very few new viewers.

I cannot believe this tv deal is being touted as anything other than "the best that could be done in the circumstances." To say it is an improvement when the 70% of households do not have pay television and will not be able to see most of the racing is just nonsense.
Old 26 Feb 2015, 06:39 (Ref:3509130)   #875
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The top 6 events: Clipsal 500 Adelaide, Townsville 500, Sandown 500, Gold Coast 600, Sydney 500 and the Bathurst 1000 will be broadcast live on FTA. These events account for 70% of the viewing audience across the season.

The deal with Foxtel was necessary to keep the series afloat. The last two years of the Ch 7 deal were a financial disaster for the teams and the series. Without this deal there would not be a series to telecast. End of story.