Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 1 Jun 2005, 08:23 (Ref:1316505)   #26
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
true but also a slight thing to take into account , in CC they run different liveries so in reality there is no need to pay attention to their helmets because its easy to tell them apart.

To be honest I couldnt tell you Bourdais's helmet off the top of my head but I do know bruno's and it didnt take me long to pick up it was him.

and i also did notice that they were saying that it was there first time , when in fact it was Bruno's 4th indy 500 , but besides that and a few other little slip ups I think they did ok
Old 1 Jun 2005, 11:28 (Ref:1316676)   #27
Team Owner
Racer

Team Owner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by climb
This special treatment was known by everybody in the paddock. Honda were trying and exploit the undisputable marketing potential of Danica.

BTW I remember when Sarah Fisher got a pole 3 yrs ago: nobody made such innuendo.

Nonsense. She didn't run the fastest laps in the race and she couldn't stay out front even on full rich.

OBTW, her engine was sealed after the race and torn down by IRL tech yesterday as was the same as all the other Hondas they inspected. The gearboxes were inspected on the top 12 cars as well as the engines as were the clutches. All were found to be in spec.
Old 1 Jun 2005, 14:43 (Ref:1316951)   #28
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've said this in other threads, but...

Danica's "contact" on the yellow set up a strategy that Rahal HAD to employ, because he even admitted that if they did not hope for the yellows to go all of the way that they did not have the car to pass the 9 in front of her to win it....the strategy paid off when Yasukawa blew an engine and the later rwreck by Matsurra...

But the Yasukawa yellow let her cycle to the front...

In the last 30-40 laps, Wheldon and Meira looked to be the two fastest cars on the race track....at least from watching them work and race over those last 100 miles or so....

Wheldon taking the lead right before the Matsurra yellow could have been a curse if it would have taken a lot of laps to clean up the mess...fortunately it was a sideswipe on the wall and not a full-blown debris spreader.....Being up front makes you a sitting duck in that instance...and Danica got an excellent jump on the green....but she didn't have the speed to stay hold Dan off...even on full rich at the end....

I wish that Meira and Herta could've gotten past her a lap or two sooner....because I believe Meira had a car that might have reeled Dan in, and Herta was strong as well once HE could go to full rich (he played the mileage game as well to cycle to the front)

That's the way I saw it

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 1 Jun 2005, 14:49 (Ref:1316955)   #29
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's as good an explanation as I've heard anywhere Tim.

You want to work the ABC booth next to Scott Goodyear in Texas? They can certainly use some expert commentary!

Danica Patrick
Old 1 Jun 2005, 14:57 (Ref:1316964)   #30
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP Racer
That's as good an explanation as I've heard anywhere Tim.

You want to work the ABC booth next to Scott Goodyear in Texas? They can certainly use some expert commentary!

But if I did that, I wouldn't be able to drink beer while watching the race!

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 1 Jun 2005, 15:43 (Ref:1316995)   #31
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../1052/SPORTS01
Old 1 Jun 2005, 16:13 (Ref:1317029)   #32
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If only half of that glowing article comes true Indycool, it would help the IRL in a big way!

Also, Danica will be on the cover of Sports Illustrated, which is one of the biggest weekly sports magazines in this country. First time an IndyCar driver has been there in almost 20 years!

In one respect, I think she deserves it, because she was the 89th Indy 500, and she could well be the catylist to bring IndyCar racing back to the front, something akin to what Tiger Woods did for golf. I do however feel bad for Dan, the winner of the race!

Danica Patrick