Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 9 Dec 2008, 22:25 (Ref:2351313)   #26
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
My tickets arrived today - I was starting to worry!
Yep, same! Looking forward to it now
Old 10 Dec 2008, 08:58 (Ref:2351610)   #27
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just need a final line up now
Old 10 Dec 2008, 10:45 (Ref:2351663)   #28
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You'd think that there would be a British racing driver around here somewhere! How about Dario Franchitti, Alister McRae, Paul di Resta or Allan McNish (yeah, there is some bias in there I know )?

Also, you can watch the RoC for free on here: http://www.freecaster.tv/ I wouldn't be surprised if they region blocked it though, like A1GP do on their site.

Last edited by Down F0rce; 10 Dec 2008 at 10:49.
Old 10 Dec 2008, 11:08 (Ref:2351674)   #29
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Wembley page confirms they have been looking for a new Aussie driver, however they list DC as driving for "Team Autosport GB", same team as Button and Priaulx. Have they given up on getting another Brit and going for some way to have them all race for the one team, or just a typo?

http://www.wembleystadium.com/events...events/roc2008
Old 10 Dec 2008, 15:53 (Ref:2351828)   #30
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Sorry for the triple postage (10 minute rule and all) but we FINALLY have a fourth British driver, and it's none other than Jason Plato.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2023868.ece
Old 10 Dec 2008, 16:06 (Ref:2351839)   #31
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im guessing they'll be a regigging of the British teams

F1 GB & TC GB
Old 10 Dec 2008, 16:09 (Ref:2351842)   #32
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Nah, I'm sure they'll keep it as Button & Prilaux and Coulthard & Plato. That's more interesting!
Old 10 Dec 2008, 18:24 (Ref:2351928)   #33
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt
ex-F1 GB & TC GB
That's better
Old 10 Dec 2008, 19:29 (Ref:2351988)   #34
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
This has only just leaked onto the internet, but there is a rumor that Travis Pastrana has broken his hip and ankle in some kind of accident. Fingers crossed that this is not the case and Travis is all right.

The article mentions that Tanner Foust, fellow rally driver and Top Gear USA host, will replace him if another NASCAR driver cannot be confirmed.

Again, lets hope Travis is okay before we start worrying about who will replace him.

http://www.autofiends.com/index.php/...-of-champions/
Old 11 Dec 2008, 13:08 (Ref:2352625)   #35
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Pastrana's profile has now been removed from the official site, along with Mark Webber's. Fingers crossed two replacements can be found, but it's getting mighty late...
Old 11 Dec 2008, 14:51 (Ref:2352745)   #36
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bugger, was looking forward to seeing TP on a bike
Old 11 Dec 2008, 16:05 (Ref:2352800)   #37
ford prefect
Racer

United Kingdom
Wellingborough
ford prefect should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72443
Jaime Alguersuari to replace Webber! At least it means we have DTM, F3, Ex F1, WRC, WTCC, WSB, Le Mans and Ex BTCC all represented.

Just a replacement for TP needed!

Shouls be a good day.
Old 11 Dec 2008, 16:10 (Ref:2352803)   #38
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
I doubt he would have done any bike stuff, he didn't last year. He left it to the Red Bull X Fighters.

Well I guess I'm the bringer of news in this thread, and I have more! Team Australia has been dropped sadly. Troy Bayliss will still be competing, but will instead race alongside British F3 champion Jaime Alguersuari in the RoC All Star Team. He's only 18! Now we just need an American driver (or some other random to make another all star team) and we'll be all set. Rumors suggest it will be Tanner Foust.

It would appear that the Solution F Prototype Touring Car has also been dropped, as its profile has been removed from the official site.

I wouldn't normally recommend anything to do with The Sun, but they have some cool videos from today's media day. The official site has new videos and photos as well.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2027028.ece
http://www.raceofchampions.com/video...r-2008-part-1/

My bag is all packed and I'm ready to go! I shall be enduring a 14 hour long bus journey to get to London but it will be worth it all in the end.
Old 11 Dec 2008, 16:53 (Ref:2352826)   #39
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce
My bag is all packed and I'm ready to go! I shall be enduring a 14 hour long bus journey to get to London but it will be worth it all in the end.
My God you're keen! If it was me I'd either fly or not bother tbh.....
Old 11 Dec 2008, 17:01 (Ref:2352831)   #40
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
I am indeed! I did the same last year. Flying is a bit pricey, and while the train would be more comfortable it costs over twice as much and takes 12 hours, obviously only a two hour saving.
Old 11 Dec 2008, 20:53 (Ref:2353014)   #41
GroupOfOne
Racer

GroupOfOne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm looking forward to it again, though I can't help but feeling I may be let down, as I think the main reason I enjoyed it so much last year was the sheer 'differenceness' of it and the venue. Still fingers crossed.*

As for the driver line-up, I can't help but feeling a bit underwhelmed by Alguersuari and Plato, and that's despite being a big fan of each, particularly the former. I suppose I hark back to the Canary Island days a bit too much when it was more for rally drivers.

Still how about they'd gone for Brendon Hartley instead of Jaime and made it Team Oceania. Or how about Chris Atkinson if he's recovered from last weekend. I can't help but feeling the 'All Star' tag is a misnomer when half the audience won't have heard of him. Then again they probably won't have heard of Ekstrom either!

Also, no disrespect to Plato, but I'd have gone for a rally driver just to vary the GB/England line-ups a little. How about Mark Higgins, Matt Wilson, Guy Wilks or even Gwyndaf Or failing that, and especially seeing as Michelle Mouton is an organiser how about Susie Stoddart or Katherine Legge. Susie & DC for Scotland against Bunson & Priaulx for England and her dominions

Finally just noticed on the RoC website that Plato is down in a different 'Team Jason Plato'. I guess this is just while they sort out who's driving for what team.

*Plus I really hope they've got a few more things going on outside the stadium, whether it be trade stalls, static displays etc, just to try and make it feel a bit less like there's just another football game on inside.
Old 11 Dec 2008, 20:57 (Ref:2353016)   #42
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
I hope they do have more things on the outside too. They only had the BP Ultimate stand with the modified A4 last year, along with the usual merch.

Tanner Foust is now confirmed for the USA, meaning we have a complete line up at last!
Old 11 Dec 2008, 23:41 (Ref:2353106)   #43
Benny1664
Racer

Benny1664 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone else think the driver line up is pretty poor? I don't feel that quite a few of those drivers have the credentials to be involved... But I guess time was running out and teams/sponsors/injuries helped decide it for them... Still, not sure if Id have bought a ticket knowing who was racing.
Old 12 Dec 2008, 10:30 (Ref:2353349)   #44
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Injuries have had some impact...but they should be eliminated pretty quickly, or have the chance to shine with the big stars (unlike Lewis)

I don't know, it's not too bad...Schuey's done alright for himself

Schumacher - 7x F1 World Champion
Vettel - 2008 F1 'rookie of the year' (Unofficial)
Button - 1998 Formula Ford Champion
Priaulx - 3x World Touring Car Champion, final ETCC champion
Jaime Alguersuari - Reigning British F3 Champion
Troy Bayliss - 3x Superbike World Champion
Yvan Muller - former BTCC champion, reigning WTCC champion
Sebastien Loeb - 5x World Rally Champion
Tom Kristensen - 7x Le Mans 24 Hours Winner
Mattias Ekstrom - 2x DTM champion and 2x (reigning) RoC Champion
Carl Edwards - 1x NASCAR Nationwide Series champion and 2008 NASCAR Sprint Cup runner up.
David Coulthard - No titles - former F1 driver
Jason Plato - 2001 BTCC champion, 2008 BTCC 3rd place
Adam Carroll - No titles, GP2 & A1GP race winner
Gareth McHale - 2008 Irish Tarmac Rally Champion
Tanner Foust - 2x Formula D champion

Funny, looks like DC's one of the least qualified
Old 12 Dec 2008, 10:38 (Ref:2353353)   #45
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
13 F1 wins, Macau GP and a GT class win at Le Mans (which was only lost because Jag were late with their appeal papers) not count?

Overall I think the line up is great, many different champions from this year alone, let alone some past champions. Various injuries have obviously hampered things but that's life I suppose. Last year was a great event and there were fewer Champions from that year competing.

I leave tonight!
Old 12 Dec 2008, 15:18 (Ref:2353575)   #46
Suze
Veteran

England
Thought I'd just double check what you can and can't take....good thing I did, you can take more on a plane then you can into Wembley
Old 12 Dec 2008, 17:37 (Ref:2353680)   #47
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You'd think that there would be a British racing driver around here somewhere! How about Dario Franchitti, Alister McRae, Paul di Resta or Allan McNish (yeah, there is some bias in there I know )?

Also, you can watch the RoC for free on here: http://www.freecaster.tv/ I wouldn't be surprised if they region blocked it though, like A1GP do on their site.
Would just like to leap in to defend my favourite series, and say that A1 DO NOT region block any more - anyone and everyone can now watch the live stream, regardless of where they live. Last year it was region blocked, but not any more.
Old 12 Dec 2008, 17:38 (Ref:2353682)   #48
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going to the event, looking forward to it. But I'm wondering what is happening with the two British teams, as Jason Plato is still showing as driving for "Team Jason Plato"
Old 12 Dec 2008, 18:01 (Ref:2353703)   #49
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrmanningjarv
I'm going to the event, looking forward to it. But I'm wondering what is happening with the two British teams, as Jason Plato is still showing as driving for "Team Jason Plato"
He's gonna be knackered!!! Like Pastrana was 2 years ago
Old 15 Dec 2008, 23:44 (Ref:2355606)   #50
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Total to you for that. I hope you really enjoyed the day. From what I heard it was very, very cold, like last year, and some people were leaving before the end.