Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Mar 2009, 09:46 (Ref:2414168)   #1
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Le Mans travel - the flydrive option

This is really just a heads up for anyone considering the flydrive option from the UK.........

Having taken the ferry for the first time in ages last year, I've decided to flydrive it again this year.

Just booked my flight from Stansted to Poitiers (cousin has a house near Poitiers so better than Tours for me as I plan to visit them on the way out and the way back). Including airport check-in, checked baggage, cc charge and priority boarding, came to £51.80 (with a certain Irish airline which is considering charging for use of their onboard toilets in the near future!!). The same price is currently available to Tours over the Le Mans period (including the popular Monday inbound), bookable until midnight 15/03/09.

Return flights on this deal could be booked for just £10 return if you check in online, just take hand luggage, don't opt for priority boarding and pay by Electron card.

If anyone needs any further clues as to where and how to book the above, please feel free to PM me. I know the majority of Tenths Le Mans attendees ferry/camp, but hopefully this will be of help to someone (I know teams/suppliers/media/racegoers have all used this route in the past).
Old 12 Mar 2009, 16:21 (Ref:2414360)   #2
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
The same price is currently available to Tours over the Le Mans period (including the popular Monday inbound), bookable until midnight 15/03/09.
The offer appears to have been withdrawn on the Stansted to Tours route. I'm sure it was there this morning (was contemplating booking it).
Old 1 Apr 2009, 17:34 (Ref:2430745)   #3
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
The offer appears to have been withdrawn on the Stansted to Tours route. I'm sure it was there this morning (was contemplating booking it).
Ok, the £5 each way deal Stansted-Tours is available now (including the Tours-Stansted inbound on the Monday). Cheapest/nearest flight option you'll find, even with the add-ons. Bookable up until midnight tomorrow (2nd April).
Old 2 Apr 2009, 21:10 (Ref:2431834)   #4
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is a great price, I've just booked on the Eurostar at £79 return, that's Ebbsfleet to Le Mans, which I thought was pretty good, that's Weds morning 10th - 15th Mon afternoon. We will then do a cab to the campsite, which is usually around £20.