Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 25 May 2009, 19:43 (Ref:2468995)   #26
acox93
Racer

United Kingdom
surrey
acox93 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2005 was the hottest I can remember, but I dont understand why they keep cutting down all the shaded areas like the ones around Terte Rouge. They are better for spectators and they make the track more scenic.
Old 26 May 2009, 16:20 (Ref:2469595)   #27
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2005 was hell, I passed out on the Sunday evening. It wasn't beer induced at all. Honest.
Old 26 May 2009, 16:42 (Ref:2469609)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I pass out every Sunday evening after Le Mans..... It's called 'Sleep? What sleep......?'
Old 26 May 2009, 17:05 (Ref:2469621)   #29
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by acox93 View Post
2005 was the hottest I can remember, but I dont understand why they keep cutting down all the shaded areas like the ones around Terte Rouge. They are better for spectators and they make the track more scenic.
It's partly to get more people in. The attendance has been creeping up year by year at Le Mans, but I, for one, have noticed that there's no less space for it.

The reality is, that Le Mans is still one of the best viewing circuits in the world, and I'm prepared to have to put factor 4000 sun cream on and take 2 gallons of Super U value mineral water in my backpack if its going to keep it that way.
Old 26 May 2009, 18:44 (Ref:2469679)   #30
TheKimme
Rookie

Denmark
TheKimme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2005 Was very hot! Far too hot! Looks pretty good with the forecasts.. Jun. 9 27 °C ! Wish i was going... Last year was a bit to cold .
Old 26 May 2009, 19:38 (Ref:2469716)   #31
Number7
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Number7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dry and sunny -don't care that much about the temperature...
Old 29 May 2009, 13:21 (Ref:2471592)   #32
TheKimme
Rookie

Denmark
But i would be nicer if you didn't have to wear jackets like last year..
Old 29 May 2009, 15:22 (Ref:2471668)   #33
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Mr Ayse?
As Patron of Ecurie LlanfairPG, you should be praying for good WELSH weather!!!

Personally, I'll be happier with low to mid 20s. So long as it doesn't get TOO cold overnight.
Old 29 May 2009, 16:16 (Ref:2471695)   #34
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The weather will be rather sunny on friday according to www.agate-france.com. They show a cloud on Brittany, and when it's cloudy over Brittany, the weather can change and bring big over the , then it can , as it's well known...
Old 29 May 2009, 17:43 (Ref:2471741)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Mr Ayse?
As Patron of Ecurie LlanfairPG, you should be praying for good WELSH weather!!!

Personally, I'll be happier with low to mid 20s. So long as it doesn't get TOO cold overnight.

Yes, I'd forgotten about that Tim - was that really a year ago already?

I personally would like it to be
  • nice and warm, but not blisteringly hot
  • dry for the entire 24 hours (I'm happy to do without any rain at all after the last 2 years)
  • refreshing cool (but not cold) to keep me awake during the night
Not asking all that much really.....
Old 29 May 2009, 17:53 (Ref:2471752)   #36
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
the weather we had today in france would be perfect

not a cloud, warm just what it needs, a refreshing wind
mr meteo, please, bring it back in 2 weeks!
Old 30 May 2009, 11:42 (Ref:2472100)   #37
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For wednesday 10th, la chaîne météo forecasts warm and sunny weather while Agate France forecasts rain.
Old 30 May 2009, 20:43 (Ref:2472293)   #38
miguel1810
Rookie

United Kingdom
Just down from the Dunlop Bridge
miguel1810 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well.... I'd much prefer the weather of Le Mans 2005 than 1995.... 2005 was hot hot hot whereas 1995 was totally soggy... my timberlands were squelchie all weekend... but then again JJ Lehto zooming in the Mac F1 in torrential rain was amazing to watch....
Old 30 May 2009, 20:55 (Ref:2472295)   #39
miguel1810
Rookie

United Kingdom
Just down from the Dunlop Bridge
miguel1810 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but i'm still packing my brolly!!
Old 31 May 2009, 19:42 (Ref:2472871)   #40
TheKimme
Rookie

Denmark
Saturday looks pretty bad. But sunday looks great!
Old 31 May 2009, 23:32 (Ref:2473005)   #41
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please no, not more rain.
Old 1 Jun 2009, 07:32 (Ref:2473160)   #42
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKimme View Post
Saturday looks pretty bad. But sunday looks great!

Depends on which forecast you look at! It seems that Metcheck and Accuweather keep alternating the bad/good weather between each other!

Surely if they were accurate forecasts they would both be exactly the same all of the time????

But as we all know, forecasting has never been an accurate science!
Old 1 Jun 2009, 07:56 (Ref:2473168)   #43
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Big changes of the forecasts on "La chaîne météo" and "AccuWeather" : the week of the race will be warm and dry. Let's hope it will be the main tendency.
Old 1 Jun 2009, 12:15 (Ref:2473314)   #44
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
first weather report direct from le mans, without any value of course, this week-end was very sunny, some clouds today but if we have the same weather in two weeks, so I sign .
Old 1 Jun 2009, 15:47 (Ref:2473457)   #45
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im will be arriving in the holy land (Le Mans) next Sunday afternoon for my 9 days of bliss..... Please keep me posted over the week Batmobile .

Im expecting a bit of the old sunburn this year !!!
Old 1 Jun 2009, 16:19 (Ref:2473483)   #46
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
14 days weather forecasts on France (careful, ads pop quite fast on this site) :
http://news.lameteo.org/

The guy's usualy good on that... friday's dry, still holding my breathe for saturday though...
Old 1 Jun 2009, 19:12 (Ref:2473580)   #47
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Has there ever been three succcesive wet Le Mans? It can't happen. It won't happen. Besides, I've learnt the moves to my sun dance to perfection now .
Old 1 Jun 2009, 20:50 (Ref:2473654)   #48
acox93
Racer

United Kingdom
surrey
acox93 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it doesnt rain this year I think the all time distance record will be smashed.
Old 1 Jun 2009, 21:33 (Ref:2473677)   #49
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Cant be ..... as far as I know that was in 1979 , and the track is differant now .

Difficult to take into account pace cars , apart from weather .
Old 1 Jun 2009, 21:40 (Ref:2473680)   #50
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
You mean 1971, 222km/h with Marco and Van Lennep ?
Last year, the average speed was at 230 km/h before midnight. After the pace car it felt to 225, and came back to 226 km/h before the rain came.

The record can be broken, but depending on the new restrictions.