Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Jun 2011, 21:30 (Ref:2894678)   #31
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
The announcement by the FIA ​​to the new orientation of the FIA ​​GT1 World Championship 2012 has caused quite a stir. Now there are the first details on the new "World GT Class."
Audi seem VERY supportive of the new platform, unless that quote from Ullrich is already very old?
Old 10 Jun 2011, 00:06 (Ref:2894808)   #32
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Autosport repeats Ratel wants teams signed up, and the Euro 100k entry fee, by the end of July.
Old 10 Jun 2011, 07:41 (Ref:2894900)   #33
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Autosport repeats Ratel wants teams signed up, and the Euro 100k entry fee, by the end of July.
Yeah good luck with that..........
Old 10 Jun 2011, 10:58 (Ref:2894992)   #34
Yakuncha
Racer

Ireland
Dublin,Ireland
Yakuncha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Mainly so he can announce whats going on during his 'state of the union' address at the Spa 24H
Old 10 Jun 2011, 16:12 (Ref:2895179)   #35
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will the 24h of Spa be part of the new championship?
Old 10 Jun 2011, 18:07 (Ref:2895241)   #36
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Pandamasque should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPandamasque should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPandamasque should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
Will the 24h of Spa be part of the new championship?
It shouldn't. It's a championship for cars optimised for sprint racing, from what I understand.
Old 10 Jun 2011, 18:49 (Ref:2895275)   #37
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
For me, there's no need to organize a "world" champ for sprint races with almost the same cars that you can find in WEC or FIA GT3. The same European teams can go to FIA GT3 and compete there.
Perhaps teams and drivers want to be world champions rather than just continental champions. Perhaps the general public is uninterested in pay drivers that fill GT3 and want to see the best drivers of the world driving 500hp sports cars in thrilling sprint races. Perhaps they don't.
Old 10 Jun 2011, 19:48 (Ref:2895317)   #38
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Perhaps teams and drivers want to be world champions rather than just continental champions. Perhaps the general public is uninterested in pay drivers that fill GT3 and want to see the best drivers of the world driving 500hp sports cars in thrilling sprint races. Perhaps they don't.
Please tell me youre not taking about the current GT1 grid? Also, with the WEC wouldnt it eliminate that possibility?

And By thrilling I assume you dont mean the GT1 crashfests this year or WTCC and are more taking about the quality of racing we sometimes witnessed last year like Interlagos?
Old 13 Jun 2011, 23:19 (Ref:2898434)   #39
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can't watch WTCC here and I prefer F1, IndyCar, Argentine TC2000 and Le Mans over GT1, so I rarely try to watch it and I've seen very few races. Most importantly, I know very few GT1 driver names, so I'm not too interested.

I was talking about what Ratel wants of GT1 / what it should be. I'd like to watch it. It's a little far now - poor grids, lots of no names (from what I know), no proper television coverage in Latin America.
Old 15 Jun 2011, 22:08 (Ref:2899803)   #40
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Most importantly, I know very few GT1 driver names, so I'm not too interested.

I was talking about what Ratel wants of GT1 / what it should be. I'd like to watch it. It's a little far now - poor grids, lots of no names (from what I know), no proper television coverage in Latin America.
Thing is, the drivers in GT1 are pretty much on a par with any other sportscar series in terms of ability and familarity to race goers.

Ok, so Audi and Peugeot have apparent aces droving for them, but the top guys in Nissan, Aston and Lambo would in the most do the job in an LMP1 car given the chance, some already have in the past.
Old 12 Jul 2011, 19:16 (Ref:2925709)   #41
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

See there's been nothing positive coming forth about this series lately then?
Old 12 Jul 2011, 19:23 (Ref:2925710)   #42
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I think it was Speedweek magazine that reported this week that 9 teams have confirmed their interest so far. Doesn't say if they all paid their deposit.
Old 12 Jul 2011, 20:21 (Ref:2925732)   #43
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

9 teams, that's not bad at this stage

I assume that most of them are this years entries, are there any interesting new ones?
Old 13 Jul 2011, 06:15 (Ref:2925855)   #44
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Marc VDS are talking about a possible BMW Z4 GT1 project althought nothing more is known except that they are using Spa as a chance to evaluate a Z4 GT3 instead of one of their Fords. Would like to see that come to fruition, maybe Schubert might be tempted to join the fray?

Last edited by rich07; 13 Jul 2011 at 06:22.
Old 13 Jul 2011, 10:49 (Ref:2925928)   #45
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Z4 GT1? Why would anyone wanna build a GT1 anymore if the new championship is going to equalize all three classes into one big mess? It doesn't matter whether you run a GT3 Lambo or GT1 (well expect the Murcielago might run out of spares)