Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 29 Apr 2012, 11:07 (Ref:3066893)   #1
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Audi Le Mans 2012 short film - searching for new star(s) of screen

A couple of days ago, Trussers brought this to my attention, adding that Ayse and I should get our act together and enter. Unfortunately, an Audi R8 would be totally unsuitable for our 9 day trip to Le Mans, eclipsed in terms of practicality by my ageing but trusty Toyota().

The search, as I understand it, is for UK residents only, so apologies to any non-UK forum members whose appetites this opportunity may have whet.

Needless to say, we shall provide free 10Tenths Motorsport Forum stickers to adorn the R8, should a 10Tenther be chosen!
Old 29 Apr 2012, 11:14 (Ref:3066899)   #2
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Will they let a 24-year-old in one? Might raise a few eyebrows amongst the gendarmes. I could live with that
Old 29 Apr 2012, 12:27 (Ref:3066929)   #3
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Go for it I'd say!
Old 29 Apr 2012, 12:56 (Ref:3066947)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
unfortunately almost everyone on here will have made all their arrangements by now.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 13:09 (Ref:3066956)   #5
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
unfortunately almost everyone on here will have made all their arrangements by now.
True, but arrangements can always be rearranged, if circumstances change.

I was earlier contemplating what Audi might have called the film, had they been unfortunate enough to end up with Ayse and I......came up with Driving Miss Daysey!

I'll get my coat.....
Old 29 Apr 2012, 18:44 (Ref:3067071)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
now then james you will have to stop calling him daisy after all you will be with him for a whole week
Old 30 Apr 2012, 10:11 (Ref:3067352)   #7
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
But how do you pronounce his nickname? Something like AC/DC?
Old 30 Apr 2012, 10:49 (Ref:3067368)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
True, but arrangements can always be rearranged, if circumstances change.

I was earlier contemplating what Audi might have called the film, had they been unfortunate enough to end up with Ayse and I......came up with Driving Miss Daysey!

I'll get my coat.....

You bally well should mate!

Is there anywhere to hang a coat in an R8?
Old 30 Apr 2012, 10:49 (Ref:3067369)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
But how do you pronounce his nickname? Something like AC/DC?

Ayzeedayzee

So close yes!

Old 16 May 2012, 23:06 (Ref:3075518)   #10
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all...

A friend of mine (Russell Lee) has made it into the final 6...would it be too much to ask a massive favour and request you all vote for his video..?

He's a long time Le Mans fan and truly deserves the opportunity to drive the R8 for this years Le Mans experience.....

He's actually made quite a cool video, click on Vote Now and check it out here:
http://apps.facebook.com/audiukleman...ontests/216764

I know it says voting has now closed, but I understand that's not the case

Please vote for him, every one counts!

Thanks for your help

Phil
Old 17 May 2012, 16:42 (Ref:3075791)   #11
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Ayzeedayzee

So close yes!

true?

I always thought is was something like "easy Daisy"

Old 17 May 2012, 17:35 (Ref:3075804)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Careful Bernard!

Yes, James is correct.
Old 21 May 2012, 23:16 (Ref:3077536)   #13
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
If I have imbibed well enough, he's a Hazy Daisy...
I'll get my coat!
Old 22 May 2012, 18:27 (Ref:3077937)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
And if I get my way, I'm a Lazy Daisy....... Never mind.

What was this thread about.......?
Old 25 May 2012, 11:58 (Ref:3079171)   #15
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He won!
Old 25 May 2012, 12:16 (Ref:3079179)   #16
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Good for him! (and you maybe?)
Old 25 May 2012, 18:15 (Ref:3079248)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Who won?

Who won - what?
Old 25 May 2012, 18:19 (Ref:3079251)   #18
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Who I don't really know.

What: the Audi R8 drive to and from Le Mans.
Old 25 May 2012, 19:21 (Ref:3079268)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Of course, sorry. Was it someone we know who won?
Old 26 May 2012, 10:29 (Ref:3079433)   #20
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Russell Lee - he's a friend of mine...gets the car on the 11th....
Old 26 May 2012, 10:45 (Ref:3079443)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Brilliant!